• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I want to brand myself as a weeb but not actually be one. Is there such a thing as being a poser weeb? Because that's what I strive to be.
Use any of these in real life conversation and you'll be good.
  • Don't loose your way.
  • Tuturu♪
  • El Psy Congroo
  • "This X is the X that will pierce the heavens!"
  • Using Onii-chan for brother, Nee-chan for sister, sugoi for amazing and baka for idiot. Preferably without knowing any other Japanese words at all.
  • This must be the work of an enemy stand!
  • Daga kotowaru (But I refuse.)
  • I'll take a potato chip, and eat it!
  • **** Slaine
  • Is that your final Dandy?
  • Bang.
  • WHATEVER THE ATTACK ON TITAN MEME IS (I THINK IT'S THE SHOW) (WAIT I REMEMBER IT'S POTATO GIRL)
  • It's raining.
  • Let me tell you two useful pieces of information.
  • BOOSTO
  • I Lelouch Vi Britannia command you to die.
  • Happy urepii yoropiku ne
  • See you space cowboy.
I bet there are way more dank anime memes that you could use but these are just off the top of my head.

Edit: also use a lot of emoticons ヽ(^Д^)ノ

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Inferno Cop is the anime that isn't an anime and should be watched by those that have watched anime but don't want to watch anime.

Basically it's modern Monty Python.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
oh hey, I feel like looking into skyrim modding again, let's go check out what's that's been like recently

oh.

oh.

welp, guess that's not happening for a while
It just seems like one guy is ruining it for everyone else. Can't someone make their own SkyUI-esque mod?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Inferno Cop is the anime that isn't an anime and should be watched by those that have watched anime but don't want to watch anime.

Basically it's modern Monty Python.
Ayy I was actually working on an inferno cop costume for Captain Falcon but I never got back to it because I'm no good with shaders and transparency/couldn't find a higher resolution picture of him at the time..
prev2.png

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not just him though. Someone tried to sell a Horse testicles mod for $100. Seriously. Not linking that here because NSFW.

This whole thing Valve introduced is blowing up in everyone's faces, and everyone is very on edge about it.
These are my favorite comments on the subject, now without context.

I don't like it for one simple reason - mods don't work well together. If you install a bunch of mods, chances are that some of them will clash and you will need to remove some. Valve did put in a refund system to make this less painful, which is nice.

But if you find a working combination of mods and later (after the refund period expired) buy another mod only to find out that you will need to remove a few of your old mods to make it work, you now have a bunch of mods in your library that you paid for but can't use. You could refund the new mod, but that would go against the whole point of modding - adding new things to your game to make it more interesting.

Or maybe you find a working combination of mods, only to find out that they clash in the lategame or some part of the map that you didn't visit while testing. Refund period expired, sucks to be you.
We all know and hate Early Access on steam right? Well mods are Early Access. Most big mods never get finished or they get serious bugs that can't be fixed and they die off, but it's ok because they're FREE.

I said only a few hours ago on this same subreddit how much TB and I have in common, but this is a massive disagreement we're about to have here and now. I've been a modder since I played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic but truly fell in love with both the act and the community with Oblivion. I've been around, I know a lot about this subject and before today people who put mods behind paywalls were considered nothing short of scammers. People like that were ignored or shunned by the majority.

TB made the point that people with a passion and do hard work with that passion should get paid, and that Youtubers went through a similar issue. What would TB think would happen if Youtube allowed their content creators to put a paywall up on their videos before you can watch said video? All you have to go by is a description of the video. This is the exact same issue.

I want modders to be recognised for their work, and many already are mostly by donations. Some have even received jobs in the game industry from their work, the creator of Falskaar springs to mind who was offered a job at Bungie.

Mods are also very social things, creators will often collaborate together to make better mods; this paywall system makes that impossible as the creators will undoubtedly bicker over who should get the majority of the pennies they get once Valve takes its huge share. It'll also lead to an oversaturation of terrible mods. I see some pretty bad mods come out daily by amateurs, but I think nothing of it really, but they'll become akin to clickbait videos.

TB I respect your opinion and always will, but you need to look into the modding scene more than you have. This will be the end of modding, and the beginning of freelance DLC creators.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that the way Skyrim works makes this EXTREMELY easy to pirate. You can literally copy the files and give them away for free. And I think you'll start to see a lot of that. Unless they plan to somehow deny you access to the Data folder, there's no stopping it. And if they did deny you that access, Steam would be dead to me forever.
Skyrim NMM modder here.

A few things:

1) The steam workshop is the worst choice possible for skyrim. Use Nexus Mod Manager or GTFO. You see all those errors in the video? That's because they didn't install it correctly (that is to say, they installed it through the steam workshop).

2) Valve can't handle ****ing greenlight. They CANNOT handle this too. There are just as many mods as there are trash games that get put up on the platform. It's also been announced that this isn't going to be curated anyway, so think about that for a minute.

3) This is THE WORST GAME TO DO THIS ON. Wet and Cold for $5? Do you realize there can be a mod conflict that you would not know about until far too late which can flat out destroy your character or save file or even bloat the save file which can make for extreme load times? Nearly every mod has the capacity to do this.

4) It can take 24 hours of gameplay before you might even find you dislike a mod or have a conflict. Not everything is in your hands right at the start, and even some of the ones that are you still might not like in the long run.

5) The game has to be built around the idea of mods being optionally paid for in order for it to work, just like DOTA 2.

6) I'd much rather continue to have my mods out for free than to give money to Valve. I'm not in favor of a monopoly and I certainly don't want to support said monopoly.

7) I made my mods with the express purpose of the game just being better. Some of them I did for myself, some mods I have done for myself aren't released still, other mods I did because they seemed "missing" so to speak, but never did I want to take money for any of them - not even a donation box.

8) More people will use the mod if it is free even if you offer the player (now customer) a lifetime, no questions asked refund opportunity and charge them for it.

9) To make any reasonable amount of money for your time off of a mod, you have to price it high, even if the cut they take is low. There's hundreds of hours of time spent on some of the mods people might think are simple, with even some of the simplest mods taking a full days work if you already know what you're doing. Given minimum wage of $7.25/H and a mod taking 12 hours (simple mod), you're looking at a required $87 in sales, but that's if nobody takes a cut. If we consider the current cut of 25%/75%, you have to have $348 in sales to break even for minimum wage for a mod that took a day of work.

9.1) In one of my cases, I have a dungeon (technically it's more than one dungeon) that took about ~150 hours to make. Given minimum wage of $7.25 and I get a cut of 25%, if I was to get a return representative of minimum wage it'd have to net a profit of $4,350. Given the number of endorsements this particular mod has (these are the people who would have payed for it most likely) they would have had to have paid me about $6 each. I can tell you now, not only would they have not payed that much but it certainly wasn't worth that much.

I'm also going to disagree strongly with you on "if you're getting a paycheck, it's work" idea. For example, we have companies whose sole purpose is to bully other companies over patents. It'll take millions to defend against the acclaimed infringement, but the bully will say "we can settle this for $300k and forget the whole thing". This is a job, a dishonest job. Just because you're getting paid, regardless of form, does not constitute what you have done as "work" or "a job". In that example, almost nobody wants these companies to even exist, but they do and they will continue to. Indeed there are also youtube content creators who do some really shady **** (such as cults), but still make money.

EDIT: Modding full time is insane. The biggest mods are made by multiple people and ALL OF THEM need to make mods on the popularity scale of Wet and Cold monthly to make a living. That's just not possible. You're going to end up going to a full time job at a AAA company before that happens because you've made one hell of a portfolio.

This is on top of the fact that people can steal content from Nexus Mods or some other site and put it up on Steam for $$$, and it will likely be a long time before they get moderated. Steam has enough problems from Greenlight and Shovelware. They didn't even remove Air Control in a timely manner, for example.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
So... does that make me and jolteon the hardest route since you have to impress both of us?
If the mc is a girl they have to finish a route with a girl to win my route, and at that point the game is already over because they went with the girl. No one will beat mine ever.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
If the mc is a girl they have to finish a route with a girl to win my route, and at that point the game is already over because they went with the girl. No one will beat mine ever.
I thought your route was a bad end since it ended once the MC talked to you

"you have to impress both of us"

"the hardest route"

I mean

you're not wrong, no
Can't tell if innuendo, or....

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I change my mind in the middle of the last scene with me and you have to start the game over again. It will change my route to the new one every time you start the game after that.

#FixingPlotHoles

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
It just seems like one guy is ruining it for everyone else. Can't someone make their own SkyUI-esque mod?
well, skyui is literally open-sourced up until now, so people are already making forks and ruining that guy's attempt at a quick buck

right now I'm reading through this page, and honestly, this is incredibly important if you ever want to get into modding, of any sort. it actually also applies heavily to project m; after all, pre-project m modding attempts were kind of "bits and pieces scrambled together" parlor approach, while a true competitive mod requires a cathedral large-scale-for-the-people approach to function

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
i've been gone for four pages and we are apparently still talking about being in a pms visual novel

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
>tfw no qt 3.14 anime mom to tuck you in at night

ive decided to start savingup for an oculus rift

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If we actually create a shoddy VN.
Can it be featured on front page?
Edit: if I find time I might create something truly awful in Java.
EditEdit: Like a massive if else structure and MS Paint awful.
You're telling me I can't be a route and a protagonist?
Literally go and **** yourself?
Edititit: Snacktime.
image.jpg

no regrets

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I want to be in on this tooo

but the protagonist has to be a fox main.

Let's go find a good writer then make anime versions of everyone

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I want to be in on this tooo

but the protagonist has to be a fox main.

Let's go find a good writer then make anime versions of everyone
Just get Spidermad or some other paragraph writing nerd who frequents here to write it. I would think it would be more of a dating sim sitcom game though.

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
aww, i got all excited when i saw that it said des moines

but it's the wrong one...

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lab rat question

How many frames until someone footstooled in the air can act? Assuming off stage so thry aren't hitting the ground

Is it character dependent? %?

Top Bottom