• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Things we didnt know we wanted until we saw them

@Sethlon can we pls just get a roy that's a combination of Falcon and Ike animations <3

D

Deleted member

roy obviously going in the right direction and imitating the better character

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Melia is hilariously overpowered when you first get her. I'd say swap out Reyn :p
Reyn eh?

I was thinking of swapping out Dunban since, currently, he doesn't feel as necessary as Reyn and Shulk do at this point. I know he is suppose to tank withhis agility over Reyn's hp and defence but he currently only has one Art that fits that niche. But then again I also like Dunban more then I do either Shulk or Reyn.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
now I know what I kinda miss most about smash in other fighting games

the ability to change direction in midair

man why are jumps a commitment

(that being said I've read about kof's shorthop system so I'm excited to try that)

also outside of divekick chars, what fighting game offers that kind of aerial mobility that smash has?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
also why we're at it who's stupid idea was it to put a soul calibur character into melee and name him marth

also do people still play soul calibur because I watched a few youtube clips of it and it looks fun tbh

Bleck

Smash Master
'cause otherwise there'd be no reason not to evaluate air attacks equivalent to ground attacks as far as efficacy of approach and combo-starter, i.e like in Smash, which is one of its most complicated balance issues

also do people still play soul calibur because I watched a few youtube clips of it and it looks fun tbh
soul calibur has a lot of problems but it's super fun

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
also why we're at it who's stupid idea was it to put a soul calibur character into melee and name him marth

cuz that one time nintendo let Link be in a soul calibur game

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
All night cram fest hype.
Haven't payed attention since this semester started.

Let's see if I've still got my old skills.
Exam #2 : Electric Boogaloo

Same scenario as the first exam.
After getting an 85% on the first one, I intend to study twice as hard in this one night and get a 90% at least this time.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
now I know what I kinda miss most about smash in other fighting games

the ability to change direction in midair

(that being said I've read about kof's shorthop system so I'm excited to try that)

also outside of divekick chars, what fighting game offers that kind of aerial mobility that smash has?
look into melty blood. It has aerial fr ft as a universal mechanic.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Leffen loosing to Bizz after giving MacD so much **** for it
Can't team with himself lmaooooo

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
was about to complain "aw man, now I gotta wait to see leffen get whooped" but no wait, smash showdown is on that silicon valley internet, instant uploading after the set awww ye

Bazkip

Smash Master
That was the best tournament of all time.

Smash The Target is now second best, sorry AZ.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
MacD going in on Leffen tonight lol

Why does Xenoblade have to limit me to a party of 3. ;_;

I wanna try out the new character I got, Melia, but don't know who to take out for her in my current party of Dunban/Reyn/Shulk.
My rules of thumb for Xenoblade parties:

-Control either Shulk or Melia. They have more/more significant context-dependent options than most and the AI generally sucks at using them even if you restrict their art options appropriately. Obviously if you're ****ing around on fodder then it doesn't matter much, but certain UMs/story encounters become unnecessarily tedious/drawn-out if they're on AI and you don't have the right loadout on another character.
-Remaining two slots can basically be anyone barring the above, but I also recommend against using Sharla. There are very few situations in which a dedicated healer is beneficial, let alone necessary, and they generally involve deviating from the way the game expects you to play and progress.
-Use the "focus attacks" party command in pretty much every fight. Not just because it's more beneficial to have everyone on the same target, but because the AI has this weird thing where it won't use many AoE attacks, particularly against single targets, outside of that setting. Especially worth bearing in mind for Riki.

I'm waiting for 3.6 mainly for the new sfx and hopefully some engine tweaks toward fixing the 1frame delay on certain commands (t3h h1gh h0p3).
Honestly wasn't impressed by a lot of the new sfx in 3.5, hopefully 3.6 will do a better job of that. Removing the 1 frame physics delay would be one hell of a change. Kinda curious if they'd go back and tweak character physics to offset any potential changes in jump data etc or just roll with it if they managed to do that.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I like watching people freak out over new SSB4 updates, because it makes me glad I play a game where, even when the patch notes are delayed, at least they actually exist

like 90% of what ppl say right now is placebo, it's weird but kind of interesting

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
SSB4 patch is out? Oh boy, time for late night popcorn.

...lol first thing in the thread is a Diddy uair damage reduction

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam

Went to see the chick and the others but they were too drunk off their rockers to make any sort of coherent conversation. I'll just send you the job site url later.

It's a shame that they weren't even the funny kinda drunk. I kinda wish they said something like Johnny's cockroach line here from 5:00 to about 5:15.

Easily the single funniest thing I've ever heard a drunk person say.

Bleck

Smash Master
Nintendo just confirmed that the second Mario Kart 8 DLC has another F-Zero track aaaaaaaa

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Smash 4 might get more interesting if chars like Fox now have better MU's against the top tiers.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
apparently it's been found out that Mewtwo has no customs, as the game tells you so.

....welp.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like watching people freak out over new SSB4 updates, because it makes me glad I play a game where, even when the patch notes are delayed, at least they actually exist

like 90% of what ppl say right now is placebo, it's weird but kind of interesting
None of you will ever understand how much I hate formatting and verifying the changelist every release.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
None of you will ever understand how much I hate formatting and verifying the changelist every release.
Every time I read over patch notes, I wonder how many times you had to go into a Word document/pastebin and continually rewrite until it's perfect. Especially with builds potentially being the "final build" and then something else gets changed/fixed.

Hats off to you and the rest of the PMDT for keeping at it.

Helsong

Smash Ace
The 3.5 patch notes were amazing. Paid game developers don't always go that in depth.

Nintendo just confirmed that the second Mario Kart 8 DLC has another F-Zero track aaaaaaaa
Well, there goes even more confidence in the future of F-Zero. I don't want Mario Kart with F-Zero skins, I want actual F-Zero where I break the sound barrier and GET BOOST POWER!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I don't want Mario Kart with F-Zero skins, I want actual F-Zero where I break the sound barrier and GET BOOST POWER!
But you can get BOOST POWER!, just not to the extreme of F-Zero.

And I think everyone in 1st place wants to break the sound barrier when a Blue Shell is headed in their direction....oh god, Blue Shells on 200cc.

oh god.

OH GOD.
;-;

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It's funny after all the work the community put into making customs into a thing to be accepted for Evo with prepared lists, Mewtwo is left without any at all. He/she starts out being less of a character than the rest.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Formatting walls of text for people on public forums is already annoying enough if you actually want people to listen to you.

I can only imagine that doing the patch notes is about 10x as tedious as that process. Nonetheless, it still beats going to school in my book. (College excluded since college is pretty cool)

Speaking of that, All night cram fest hype is over.
I had intended to keep my computer away so I wouldn't get distracted but because a lot of things I needed to know weren't covered in enough detail in this book I was referencing my good buddy google a little too much.

That also led to one thing or another in terms of distractions and let's just say I could of been done 3 hours ago if I wasn't wasting time reading about the supposed changes for smash 4, Elsword updates, random news articles, etc..

In fact, I'm still missing quite a bit of information that is very "general" so google doesn't have an easy time finding it, nor does my book explain it sufficiently, so I'mma wing those portions.

Someone should give me a breakfast suggestion while I'm getting ready though.
I'm ****ing famished.

Helsong

Smash Ace
But you can get BOOST POWER!, just not to the extreme of F-Zero.

And I think everyone in 1st place wants to break the sound barrier when a Blue Shell is headed in their direction....oh god, Blue Shells on 200cc.

oh god.

OH GOD.
;-;
Mario Kart is kinda casual compared to the technical racer that is F-Zero GX. 200cc actually looks pretty hype, but it'll never scratch that same itch.
I'm hoping they at least make some new tracks meant for the speeds of 200cc. It seems like a lot of the current tracks kinda break under the new speeds. Which is awesome, but we could use some more.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Lol looks like no m2 code becuz wii mini

Oh well, it's snash 4 abyways. Their mewtwo prolly sucks

Top Bottom