• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
>All night cram fest hype
>Finish up around 6:20ish AM
>Post on smashboards asking for breakfast suggestions
>No one gives any (Thanks PMS)
>Decide to give no ****s and pump myself with unhealthy fast food
>Running pretty late
>Going over notes again to make sure I'm ready
>7:50 rolls around and I realize I have no scantrons
>****
>Run down to the student store
>Get scantron
>Rushing back to class
>Make it there at 8:01
>Teacher taking roll
>Get there just in time
>Everyone with their scantrons ready
>"We will be moving the test to Wednesday of next week so we can review over some of the material in more detail"
>MFW

>God damnit
>Literally crammed all night for no reason
>At least I'm prepared for the actual test
>Start reviewing
>It literally covered everything I was missing during my cram session
>MFW

That A is as good as mine.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dude Mewtwo's Tail in smash 4 is like a flopping fish dude. Let it sink in for a while and hit people with the tail attacks and don't it sound like a fish. Remind me of this episode from ED, EDD,n Eddy.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Dude Mewtwo's Tail in smash 4 is like a flopping fish dude. Let it sink in for a while and hit people with the tail attacks and don't it sound like a fish. Remind me of this episode from ED, EDD,n Eddy.

Wanna trade da 3ds code for sum steam keys? :U

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hell no plus i don't have steam and use my set of codes already. Better suck **** for codes like the other nerds when 3ds demo hit for the game.

D

Deleted member

Also, FWIW I don't think it's fair to call someone a scrub for explaining why they dislike a game. Scrubs use excuses to justify their losses.
a scrub as i've learned it is anyone that willingly makes some inferior or self-sabotaging decision. some examples i have offhand are giving a charity stock on a suicide, choosing not to wobble, or being confronted with poor decision-making and disregarding it. however, it is not scrubby for example if i play melee zelda, since for me picking her is my best chance of winning, even if she is a "bad character" per se. it is also not scrubby to forfeit short term gains in the name of long term improvement if that is your goal, for example playing a money match to learn even if you have no chance of winning at that time.

people that use excuses to justify negative events are typically optimists or at least showing optimistic behavior. optimists tend to characterize negative events as temporary, isolated incidents with circumstantial happenings. and optimism is generally a healthy thing.

meh, people.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hell no plus i don't have steam and use my set of codes already. Better suck **** for codes like the other nerds when 3ds demo hit for the game.
What kind of scrub doesnt have steam in this day and age

Also found someone trading codes not even a minute after this, gg gator

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I found this lying around on my hard drive from a year ago, no idea what the context was whatsoever.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Kinda underwhelmed by SSB4 Mewtwo on all counts. Granted I'm spoiled by PM Mewtwo... and I haven't touched SSB4 in months. 15 minutes with that game and I had to turn it off again, it felt icky and awkward and I had no idea what I was doing. I have an easier time going back and forth between PM and Brawl than anything and SSB4.
lol bad games

Helsong

Smash Ace
Steam's got plenty of budget-computer viable games, too. Although I use it to keep in touch with friends who refuse to use facebook more than playing games these days.

A drunk friend proposed to me today(jokingly...I hope). He's currently passed out. Quickly PMS, what's a good prank to play on him when he wakes up?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
A drunk friend proposed to me today(jokingly...I hope). He's currently passed out. Quickly PMS, what's a good prank to play on him when he wakes up?
First question.

Do you have an extra wedding dress lying around?

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
First question.

Do you have an extra wedding dress lying around?
...My roommate is in theatre. I'm sure I can borrow some white lace. That being said, I don't know how I'd put it on him without him noticing?

Also, who would just have a spare wedding dress lying around, anyway?

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
So, does anyone know the best/cheapest 4G data plan? The internet at Sandstorms venue is not going to exist. It was supposed to, but I just found out it won't. Does anyone know a good data plan? I really don't know much about 4G data and phone stuff.

I knew something would go wrong. plz help pllllz

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
waluigi's been able to be ported to project m since forever, though?

I even remember chibo doing a stream with it one time, he was horrible

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
weird thought I have while I'm taking my grand magic pills: what is it that, as a collective humanity, we all treat arguments and discourse like a game, something with winners and losers (and thus, having the context of "losing" to be considered shameful)?

I mean... I do it, I'm pretty sure. nearly everyone else on these boards handles it similarly. that's why goalposts are moved, why opinions are only changed weeks after the fact, hidden in plain sight... isn't that incredibly inefficient? is it something that we're just trained to do, with debate clubs and its tricking-down?

Bazkip

Smash Master
weird thought I have while I'm taking my grand magic pills: what is it that, as a collective humanity, we all treat arguments and discourse like a game, something with winners and losers (and thus, having the context of "losing" to be considered shameful)?

I mean... I do it, I'm pretty sure. nearly everyone else on these boards handles it similarly. that's why goalposts are moved, why opinions are only changed weeks after the fact, hidden in plain sight... isn't that incredibly inefficient? is it something that we're just trained to do, with debate clubs and its tricking-down?
No you're wrong

loser

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I legit want waluigi in project m though

he could have a super-neat risk-reward game where his giant legs give him huge range, but then he still has noticeably tiny disjoint on them, so he can hit at a more-mobile marth level, but basically loses most trades so he has to be patient on where he lands them

I mean granted, the waluigi PSA that exists does none of this and is basically a worse wario in every way but

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Because we're still fundamentally animals, baring our teeth at each other and trying to assert our dominance. Who needs enlightenment and all that pretentious bull**** when you can be a winner and be right in the all-powerful court of public opinion?

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I legit want waluigi in project m though

he could have a super-neat risk-reward game where his giant legs give him huge range, but then he still has noticeably tiny disjoint on them, so he can hit at a more-mobile marth level, but basically loses most trades so he has to be patient on where he lands them

I mean granted, the waluigi PSA that exists does none of this and is basically a worse wario in every way but
I WANT DHALSIM IN IN PM NAO

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The guy who was working on nothing but Waluigi exclusively for years just up and quit development because he started working on other modding projects when he was just a few months away from completion and release. Even after the Brawl Vault guys were constantly chastising people on his behalf for asking about it with stuff like, "You people need to learn to be patient, he has a life and will get it done!"

Which is why Project M is special in the world of Brawl modding, they follow through and support the game with regular builds.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
So I decide it might be a good idea to join my local fb group, since I really only hear about events through word of mouth right now.
Top post is a rant about how much someone hates Smash4, in what is possibly the most arrogant prose I have ever read. 100+ comment chain about this.
Nope.avi
I think I'll just stick to hearing about events from my friends, thanks.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
So I decide it might be a good idea to join my local fb group, since I really only hear about events through word of mouth right now.
Top post is a rant about how much someone hates Smash4, in what is possibly the most arrogant prose I have ever read. 100+ comment chain about this.
Nope.avi
the best part about my local scene is that they also have a circlejerk group which is where I get all of my actual information

Helsong

Smash Ace
I wish my local fb group has a circlejerk equivalent. There's so much good copypasta.

Drunk friend woke up. My "prank" involved me sitting on his lap as he woke up. He turns bright red.
I think I've made a mistake. He now thinks I'm into him.

Goddamn it, I don't want to be stuck in some romantic comedy.

@ MechWarriorNY MechWarriorNY I'm a grill. I make dem steaks sizzle!
Or I'm a guy pretending to be a girl. Or I'm a robot. You really don't know on the internet.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nope.avi
Sadly it's gonna be like that in a bunch of groups. My scene for smash 4 pretty much had to create it's own FB to talk about the game without being **** on for liking the game a little bit. IT's up to you but you have to weed out the crap from time to time to find games and know the right people.

Top Bottom