• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
@ Shadic Shadic in his future posts:

"Proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes. Cool."

"Got married. Nice."

"Girlfriend's pregnant. Wow."

"I'm gonna be a father in an hour. Crazy."

"It's a boy. Sweet."

"Won the lottery. Weird."

"Bought a beach house in Costa Rica. Herp."

"Living the dream. Welp."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is some miyagi ****.

Do you forreal have 14k+ posts under your belt?
no, in 2003 smashboards crashed and it was reverted to an old version after a month, and i went from 700 posts to like 250, so i should be at around 15k now

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
What is an IDE that is better than BlueJ?
A: Any of them.
But I really don't have time to learn how to use a new one or move all the files over without damaging them with my luck.
I tried Eclipse, but I stuck with BlueJ because 1.my current assignments require BlueJ and 2.for some reason, Eclipse insists on running classes from different projects that aren't even open when just because they are on the recent history crap.

People were talking about Gundam Unicorn. I actually went to High School with the singer of one Unicorn's ED's. One time MTV Japan came to our school and followed her around with cameras all day. **** was crazy. This was the song lol
I wish I went to high school with a cute Japanese singer.

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
@ Shadic Shadic in his future posts:

"Proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes. Cool."

"Got married. Nice."

"Girlfriend's pregnant. Wow."

"I'm gonna be a father in an hour. Crazy."

"It's a boy. Sweet."

"Won the lottery. Weird."

"Bought a beach house in Costa Rica. Herp."

"Living the dream. Welp."
@ Vashimus Vashimus
I wouldn't mind too much if that happened.

I could use a lottery win.

Or two.

Welp.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
5$ if you want it
I'll pass brah.

Also Final Round Day 2 has begun you pleabs.

Also I got Booty blasted by a Squirtle yesterday at a local as Roy and Zelda bad LOL how do i fight this character? Smash equivalent exchange nerfed my tech skill.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
knee jerk responses: you overuse dair, downb, and sideb. you acknowledged the overuse of specials, so there's that. get used to only using them as punishes or out of conditioning people. also, be careful of using aerial downb when in range of the stage. you did some risky ones that could've easily gotten you hit back offstage before you got your dj back (and i think there were a few where you did get hit before you got the dj back). don't dair too much unless it's a good punish. you were using dair oos a lot (especially game1) and it's sloooooow. like, you're not getting a hitbox out until almost frame30 slow. it has its places, but you were missing a lot of opportunities to go for better options like nair or uair oos (or maybe your preferred spotdodge-jab/grab : p).

you also criminally underused float, but you're coming from smash4 (right?) so there's that. use it to mix up when you're coming in with an attack or to just hold up in the air a little bit to assess the situation before you decide whether or not to dj back and bail out. also, for going much deeper on edgeguards (or just hovering over the ledge to wait out stall options easier). when recovering, if possible, use dj-wizkick-hover-dj-upb. you almost always want that dj when you hover on recovery, otherwise it's very easy to lose more height than is feasible when getting back to the stage.

in general, use more nair in the neutral, as it's super safe. you used fair a bit too much, but you used it with good enough spacing to not just outright get punished, but use more nair unless you're aiming to get a punish. also more sh-uairs. best example i could find is 4m32s where if you'd gone for uair instead of fair, it would've hit and he would've been offstage. you also underuse bair : p i guess you actually kinda overuse fair overall : p get used to mixing up with sh-rar bairs and sh uairs. bair might not be as useful against ike (not entirely sure how well it works out in the matchup, tbh...), but uair is definitely still good, along with nair.

for ike specifically: there's a "safe zone" for qd, where he'll be in jump squat if he tries to do stuff out of it. right around 2m50s is a good example of that. you could've walked forward and basically jabbed on reaction to his release and hit him (or tried to predict and gone for d/ftilt) and he wouldn't be able to get you with anything out of it.

when he aethers, you can typically catch him with uair or d/ftilts (depending on his height), you just need to learn the spacing and timing for it. you were letting ike get back on stage a lot more than you should have because you weren't used to doing this.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
rip
Now everyone is going to know how quiet I am and how much I suck

Edit: Looking back there's some odd booty with Roy's DED fourth hit up where if I turn around after it I fall off and it caused an SD. rip.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
1+ for Ganon's nair being gawdlike

When I saw the change to nair in the change log I was laughing my *** of lol
i still want to find the person responsible for just moving every aspect of its frame data up two frames, auto cancel windows included.

not sure what i'd do at that point. either shake their hand or slap them upside the head. one of those, probably...

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I knew I could summon irregular waffle iron using Java.

I can always solve the problem by finding the text files that are important by looping only once. Then just manually create instances of the objects that are important in main.

I'll post code when I can so there can be context for what I'm saying.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You know I started following Etika because he was making attack on titan fan game videos, but now he just reads articles to people and makes news reaction videos.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'd love to help lol. Is this for homework or something?
Yeah, HW. I think I'm over complicating this. I was really tired when I was working on it, so I'll probably look at it and rewrite a few things smarter.

I can probably solve most of my problems by moving a method into a static class separate from the object class.
Am I using any of these words right.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'll pass brah.

Also Final Round Day 2 has begun you pleabs.

Also I got Booty blasted by a Squirtle yesterday at a local as Roy and Zelda bad LOL how do i fight this character? Smash equivalent exchange nerfed my tech skill.
I am dissapoint that you lost with Roy

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I am dissapoint that you lost with Roy
LOL I know I'm hella rust in PM cause of smash 4 but I'll get that runback though next week at our big tourney. I just need to sit down and practice stuff for like 2-3 days for PM alone.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
>Streaming
Ayy lmao
donate to my charity fund that lets me move to japan to watch it on live TV
100 dollars above my goal and i may have enough to bribe the broadcasters to put in english subs

Top Bottom