• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Don't worry I care.
Here it is.

:GCA::GCA::GCA:-Downward slash, the double forward-moving slash
:GCU:+:GCA:- Casts a weak , small rock projectile with no knockback that lasts for a short while
:GCR:+:GCA:-Uses Punji, casting a bamboo that sprouts from the ground.
:GCD:+:GCA:-Uses Growth to cast grass which sprouts from below Isaac
:GCCU:+:GCA:-Gaia. A shower of Venus energy and boulders rain closely upon the enemy.
:GCCR:+:GCA:-Thorn. A field of spiked vines sprout out from the ground in front of Isaac. Does not deal much knockback and lasts for a few moments. It does not hurt Isaac, meaning he can use Thorn as a temporary over.
:GCCD:+:GCA:-Spire.A stalagmite is cast twice. Where the direction held is down-right or down left during these two castings determines where the Spires is casts from, whether it is directly in front of Isaac or behind for for the two castinsg. Thing something sorta like Lucas's Down-Smash.
Aerial:GCA:- Cast a rock wall in front of him.
Aerial+:GCR:+:GCA:- Halt. Temporarily stops an opponent mid-movement, stunning them and letting them fall down for a brief movement in an helpless state
Aerial+:GCD:+:GCA:-Pound. Casts a magical giant hand that pounds the opponent below Isaac. Can be used to spike enemies.
Aerial+:GCL:+:GCA:-Force. Has good knockback. It involves casting a giant magical fists that leaves after-images behind it
Aerial+:GCU:+:GCA:-Upwards kick followed by Isaac casting thorny vines above him
:GCZ:+:GCZ:-Sends out a Magical Giant hand after opponent to grab them. Has great range. The pummel would be the Hand crushing the opponent multiple times
:GCZ:+:GCR:-Front-Slap. Slaps off the opponent, knocking them off forwards.
:GCZ:+:GCU:-Catch-The Hand throws the opponent upwards
:GCZ:+:GCD:-Pound. The Hand just crushes the opponent on the stage with a flat hand. Causes the opponent to bounce.
:GCZ:+:GCL:-Back-Slap-Same as Front-Slap except of course, done backwards.

Special Moves
:GCB:-Move- works similar to how it did in Brawl, except much smaller, dealing damage and with far less knockback. However, it does have several expanded abilities such as the ability to grab and throw opponents in mid-air.Press :GCB: once to activate Move. Whilst it is still active, press:GCB: before it disappears in order to grab the opponent. If successful, one has a short period of time to control the Hand whilst still holding:GCB: before being forced to throw them. One can throw them in any different direction.

:GCR:+:GCB:-Great Wall- Chargeable move. The level of charge that is held determines the distance in which Isaac creates the wall from him as well as its power in terms of damage dealt and knockback given. Great for immediately stopping all momentum of the opponent if they end up in contact with it, as they end up stunned and any damage would be absorbed by the wall. A key move in limiting offensive approach

:GCU:+:GCB:-Wild Growth- A great, thick tangle of vines ends up sprouting from a yellow portal made out of Venus energy. Very useful anti-air attack and the primary recovery method that Isaac would use. After Wild Growth stops, Isaac can the climb the vine in order to gain ground. Does not cause helpless state. Can still attack whilst climbing, however, Isaac can only attack with his sword with the:GCA: button. Another key anti-air move due to its great reach. Useful for attacking opponents directly above you.

:GCD:+:GCB:-Quake- The floor that Isaac is on ends up shaking. Opponents that are on the floor or in close proximity are send upwards, bouncing three times before being knocked up upwards

Final Smash

Judgement

As for his gameplay, I expect Isaac's gameplay to be based around anti-air zoning and ground dominance by limiting offensive approaches, heavily relying on his magical hand and his other techniques to bring the opponent down to earth. Whilst he'll be more of a grounded character, I don't expect that he will be heavily relying on mobility as it would be below-average. Rather, he stands his ground and uses techniques such as Quake, Rockfall, Spires and Growth to control and dominate on his own terms.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Conjecture: When listening to any mildly prolific or popular artist's music on Youtube, within 5 iterations of Youtube forwarding you to a new song at the end of the video, you will either be in an unending spiral down one mildly obscure artist's discography or end up on a video holding a complete album.

donate to my charity fund that lets me move to japan to watch it on live TV
100 dollars above my goal and i may have enough to bribe the broadcasters to put in english subs
Hm, if only you could download them in high quality...

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Question for you guys... What's your opinion on the following:

"Who 'deserves' to be the best character" or "at what point of balance does PM finish with its balancing?"

I ask because for a long time I felt like it should follow that in a balanced game, the most popular character should have the most players and therefore the most potential for winning. But then I thought about it and I realized how stupid that was. It would just turn Smash into a popularity contest, which Mario/Fox/Marth/Falcon would likely dominate in.

So now I'm wondering... when is it "acceptable" for the game to be done balancing? Who should be at the top then?

I agree more than anyone else that Lucas was broken in 3.02 and 2.5 and 2.6, but I did feel like half of the people who complained just looked at one or two moves they hated and followed the broken bandwagon without actually knowing how intricate the character is and why his plethora of options was unhealthy. So I wonder like... at what point should/will pmdt stop appeasing people? I'd write more but I gotta go.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Both are infuriatingly-bait-laden questions that will only lead to flame wars.
inb4 there's one right now

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
M2K is living proof that even the best of players can say the darndest of things.
it should not be surprising that being really good at playing video games does not necessarily mean one is really good at interacting with people

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Question for you guys... What's your opinion on the following:

"Who 'deserves' to be the best character" or "at what point of balance does PM finish with its balancing?"

I ask because for a long time I felt like it should follow that in a balanced game, the most popular character should have the most players and therefore the most potential for winning. But then I thought about it and I realized how stupid that was. It would just turn Smash into a popularity contest, which Mario/Fox/Marth/Falcon would likely dominate in.

So now I'm wondering... when is it "acceptable" for the game to be done balancing? Who should be at the top then?

I agree more than anyone else that Lucas was broken in 3.02 and 2.5 and 2.6, but I did feel like half of the people who complained just looked at one or two moves they hated and followed the broken bandwagon without actually knowing how intricate the character is and why his plethora of options was unhealthy. So I wonder like... at what point should/will pmdt stop appeasing people? I'd write more but I gotta go.
probably less "this character or that character is best" and more "the gap between the top and the bottom character isn't too bad". still, rather arbitrary, but a much better litmus than just "we don't want fox top tier".

on that note: this theoretical balance point would also include loss of stupid gameplay elements, which would likely still include fox getting something significant changed.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I JUST FINISHED GUNDAM UNICORN AND OH MY GOD IVE NEVER FELT SO EMPTY AFTER A SHOW
it was such a blast from start to finish and i love it all 10/bestshow

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I need to remember that when I have a girlfriend. I'll make a Twitter account and tweet out every time we do it.

Classy.
I JUST FINISHED GUNDAM UNICORN AND OH MY GOD IVE NEVER FELT SO EMPTY AFTER A SHOW
it was such a blast from start to finish and i love it all 10/bestshow
Do you just no life entire seasons of anime in one day?

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I need to remember that when I have a girlfriend. I'll make a Twitter account and tweet out every time we do it.

Classy.
Do you just no life entire seasons of anime in one day?
7 Episodes, an hours each
over night
not hard when ITS GUNDAM HYPE?
when you're in the zone do you just say whoops its time to sleep now so i can do trivial things like wake up and eat?
NOOOO
YOU WATCH BIG ROBOTS FIGHT IT OUT FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY'S FUTURE ARAIUWHFA

Lizalfos

Smash Master
7 Episodes, an hours each
over night
not hard when ITS GUNDAM HYPE?
when you're in the zone do you just say whoops its time to sleep now so i can do trivial things like wake up and eat?
NOOOO
YOU WATCH BIG ROBOTS FIGHT IT OUT FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY'S FUTURE ARAIUWHFA
I did this last summer with FMA. It gave me the power to stay up to 1 am and cram freshman year.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
w0w, sakuracon is 2 weeks away and i ****ing got sick. Hopefully i can blast through being sick before the convention

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I'm going to Sakuracon and ECCC this year, I'm forcing myself to be more social this year so yee.
Also @ Yung Mei Yung Mei I don't have a licence yet so I have to get a family member to get me over to Tacoma, but I'll try to show up again at the weekly and actually talk to people. ;_;

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I'm going to Sakuracon and ECCC this year, I'm forcing myself to be more social this year so yee.
Also @ Yung Mei Yung Mei I don't have a licence yet so I have to get a family member to get me over to Tacoma, but I'll try to show up again at the weekly and actually talk to people. ;_;
bru, honestly i dont remember seeing you because you didnt say hi or anything LMAO, see me in smash 4 son

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
bru, honestly i dont remember seeing you because you didnt say hi or anything LMAO, see me in smash 4 son
Yeah I was there 2 weeks ago, I had an afro and I was really awkward lol.
I didn't know how to ask for which person you were, that's how bad I am socially.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Yeah I was there 2 weeks ago, I had an afro and I was really awkward lol.
I didn't know how to ask for which person you were, that's how bad I am socially.
You go:

"Hey bbygurl"

***** fist*

Then tell the person you're talking to that he's a "suffering succotash".

After he starts screaming like a teen, you end with "Belee dat".

Play your theme loudly so its to cover all the boos.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You go:

"Hey bbygurl"

***** fist*

Then tell the person you're talking to that he's a "suffering succotash".

After he starts screaming like a teen, you end with "Belee dat".

Play your theme loudly so its to cover all the boos.
Oh and have someone make you look really strong.

I'm talking REALLY strong.

Also have someone commentate out loud about how really strong you are while praising you as the next legend.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I finally have a gloriously purple dress shirt. I'm going to rock this thing so hard everywhere I go now. <3

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

IE6 putting in work

(pls fix PM replays tho)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Tfw your crew gets challenged to a crew battle 9 days ago, and the opposing crew is still trying to decide on their line up.

The shadow claw covenant was supposed to be taj, all the other m2 mains, and one samus. They are coming into the Battle with taj, 1 m2 main, wobbles, and 3 PR members.

POOPFEAST will prevail

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys

I'll have more stage spike gifs for you soon

Too bad the sickest one I've ever gotten wasnmt recorded ;-;

(You literally don't know how depressed I am about that)

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
My Smash-bud got sick while retrieving his 3DS charger from my house, and I still remain with teh un1337 c4s3 of sicks...IS THERE NO MERCY LEFT UPON MY MORTAL COIL?!!!!

Top Bottom