• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DSkro

Smash Rookie
NNID
DSkro87
Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out how to add a ZSS texture pack ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207374 ) and I'm not sure how to add the full thing.

I know how to do the basic skin changes where you rename the new one and overwrite one that is already in the game but I have no idea how to change the rest. Anyone have any tips or know a good guide they can reference?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I've realizes why I hate how the Squirtle tech is named

They are so liberal with how they throw around dash and pivot when then mean run and turn around/turnrun. My god its frustrating. And then shell shift and hydro plane are the same ****ing thing except for what options you do out of it

It's really frustrating because Im practicing shell shift>pivot, and actually pivots, and it's really easy but if I try to talk about it it'll get confusing because brawl tech didn't translate 100% into melee engine and names are slightly off, **** this >.>

Also Squirtle stuff is really easy, it's just turn around and pivots and wavedashes and Crawls and bam you control the whole stage

Ss>pivot has a lot baiting and combo potential
If you can come up with better names/naming system I can have a PMDepot video to make it official

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I've realizes why I hate how the Squirtle tech is named

They are so liberal with how they throw around dash and pivot when then mean run and turn around/turnrun. My god its frustrating. And then shell shift and hydro plane are the same ****ing thing except for what options you do out of it

It's really frustrating because Im practicing shell shift>pivot, and actually pivots, and it's really easy but if I try to talk about it it'll get confusing because brawl tech didn't translate 100% into melee engine and names are slightly off, **** this >.>

Also Squirtle stuff is really easy, it's just turn around and pivots and wavedashes and Crawls and bam you control the whole stage

Ss>pivot has a lot baiting and combo potential
Shell shift and hydroplane are not the same thing. SS is the entirety of the turnaround and hydroplanes are the slides you get out of them
Stop being a dumbass.

also loling really hard at you thinking it's easy to control the entire stage
If you can come up with better names/naming system I can have a PMDepot video to make it official
Wouldnt be official unless it's on Daftatt's chart, your depot is useless

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The only term use I've had for now is past tense use of sling techniques is slingshat

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Shell shift and hydroplane are not the same thing. SS is the entirety of the turnaround and hydroplanes are the slides you get out of them
Stop being a *******.

also loling really hard at you thinking it's easy to control the entire stage

Wouldnt be official unless it's on Daftatt's chart, your depot is useless
Like I said, SS and hydro plane only differ in what/how you act out of it. Hydro plane should be called like boost shift or something.

I said his tech is easy enough, and crazy burst movement makes you able to threaten like the whole stage at any point. I didn't say controling the stage was easy, of course application of stuff is hard lol, GOSH PLATE PRO WHY YOU GOTTA MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.

Rip Axe ;_; final got over his mental block vs SFAT, dodged cobol, just to run into the other fox player who is stupid good at adapting in neutral.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Like I said, SS and hydro plane only differ in what/how you act out of it. Hydro plane should be called like boost shift or something.

I said his tech is easy enough, and crazy burst movement makes you able to threaten like the whole stage at any point. I didn't say controling the stage was easy, of course application of stuff is hard lol, GOSH PLATE PRO WHY YOU GOTTA MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.

Rip Axe ;_; final got over his mental block vs SFAT, dodged cobol, just to run into the other fox player who is stupid good at adapting in neutral.
No they dont. Shellshift is the name of THE TURNAROUND ANIMATION. Hydroplane is the SLIDE you get from cancelling a shellshift and retaining momentum.

Srsly man, it's like you're trying to be stupid or somethin

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
MY STRUGGLE
I once played a low tier character in a fighting game that got nerfed in the next version so I know that feel bro :(.

I played some Oli in 3.0 and he was pretty bad. Flowered Pikmin being stronger back then salvaged him a little bit, but still pretty bad.

He got nerfbat'd about as hard as Diddy in 3.5

I still don't understand how this kind of thing can happen lol
He was bad but he was fun. Now
he's bad and boring like lol wtf is he suppose to do.

It's very frustrating, but this is way more so (Down-b/Side-b the very last frame or something to get the animation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-iH5jw_to#t=42
And it puts my "useless" tech to shame

BUT that's the thing though, it's all relative. I could link Mango analysis where he analyzes M2K's sheik doing a FH FFall last frame nair this one time (once I rewatch everything again) that's sort of the same thing. @ Ramz289 Ramz289 tell me if you come across that, it should be on Yoshis

It feels like it was only a few years ago that people didn't care about shield dropping
Yeah I'll keep an eye out for that. I've been meaning to get back the Mangonalysis stuff since like Wednesday but every time I though about it I'm like "hmmm naah" and go play tf2 instead. I'll get back to it tomorrow hopefully.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
WAIT WHAT

THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN
4 STOOOOOOOOOOOCK
AS FOX

ARMADA PLS

EDIT: AND A 3 STOCK WTFFFFFF

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Seeing Armada go Fox is so disappointing. He's a dedicated character main who's pushed his character further than anyone else had. Not to mention he's one of the most exciting and innovative players ever. And then he succumbs to 20XX.

I know 20XX is a joke, but I think its taking the hype out of Melee.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if everyone wants to get carpal tunnel syndrome, be my guest

I'll stick with my bae Falcon

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Well leffen is arguably the dood with the most peach mu knowledge in the world, and he's not exactly the best at the fox mu, so I think what armada did is better than getting 3-0ed as peach.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Well leffen is arguably the dood with the most peach mu knowledge in the world, and he's not exactly the best at the fox mu, so I think what armada did is better than getting 3-0ed as peach.
I'm not blaming Armada for switching, Fox is definitely the best character in the game.

I'm just getting so bored of Fox.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
No they dont. Shellshift is the name of THE TURNAROUND ANIMATION. Hydroplane is the SLIDE you get from cancelling a shellshift and retaining momentum.

Srsly man, it's like you're trying to be stupid or somethin
bruh
were saying the same thing, you're just throwing needless technicalities onto it

yeah, they are slightly different techs, but a completely new name for something that's literally just canceling the first thing to get a slide/movement boost is stupid. I know it's a set name now but that doesn't make the termonalogy stupid

It's like, we have jump squats. And we have jump-cancels. We say JV grab for a grab that canceled a jump squat. We don't have jump squats and stickygroundpivotslides, because then every time someone tried to explain what someone did to do a standing grab while running, they'd have to explain that they did a SGPS-grab.

It's what bugs me about the term glide toss, because it should be just called roll-cancel Item throw, or like RC-toss. Glide toss works, and now pm AGTs are a thing it wouldn't work, but glide toss is a stupid name that's non descriptive at all.

Plus ****ing hydroplanes have nothing to do with his water moves, I know hydroplaning is an actual word to describe what vehicles do when they skid out on water coated roads, but names like that don't belong in fighting games full of other jargon. It describes the movement, not the mechanics, which is what's so frustrating. If it wasn't a Squirtle unique mechanic (or found early in Brawl I guess) it would never have been called something so terrible
still not as bad as hyphen smashing, or fox trotting, but it's worse than perfect pivot and wolf's brawl "scaring" with side b

Like imagine if MKs infinite dementional cape was found immediatly and named something stupid, every ban list would have to say " Meta Knights hidden inviso-swirly eternal cape technique is banned"

I'm just salty about stupid non descriptive names, your complaint about me not giving the differences between the two enough respect was legit

This happened last time I tried to say sling jumps are just RARs in a stream chat.

I wish I could go back in time and find the Squirtle stuff first and give it sensible names, like shell shifts would just be denoted as "Turn" and hydro planes would be "Turn cancel" or "turn slide" X move. SS is fine but I wish hydroplanes were called like shift boost or shift slide at least.

/rant. Spoilering it because it's silly, plate you don't have to read it

Top Bottom