• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
And I just lost eight times in a row in For Glory.

I know those kinds of loses don't reflect you as a player, but I feel like a first grader.

I'm debating whether or not to just to quit Smash 4 Worldwide because this game is ****ing bull****.
It could be worse, you could be in socal at final battle

The TOs decided not to cap the venue, it's a tiny space with a national level attendence. One day, 4 events. 251 man straight smash 4 bracket.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

I know those kinds of loses don't reflect you as a player, but I feel like a first grader.

I'm debating whether or not to just to quit Smash 4 Worldwide because this game is ****ing bull****.
but you play diddy, in smash 4. diddy.
diddy
you play diddy in smash 4

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You have no place whatsoever getting salty when you main the

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

I will teach you the ways of Sm4sh grasshopper.

Now call me master sensei.

1z2kklz.gif

The TOs decided not to cap the venue, it's a tiny space with a national level attendence. One day, 4 events. 251 man straight smash 4 bracket.
Damn. I was happy with the amount of success Final Battle got but I would've thought Zeyan would've realized the amount of entrants and the venue needed to be suited for each other.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, for the purposes of testing I dug up the knockback formula...

((((( Percent/10 + Percent*Damage/20 ) * 200/Weight+100 * 1.4 ) +18 ) * KBG/100 ) + BKB )

Which should be correct, but does not account for fall speed... how could I factor that into the results if possible?

I have a sheet open with all character's weight value and fall value, and then simply multiplied Weight*Fall for giggles to get a guestimate of "Vertical Launch Resistance", seeing as I have a feeling that the two values contribute lol. Jiggs obviously has the lowest VLR, and Captain Falcon has the highest. Seem about right?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
All ganon aerials into waveland grab/tilts etc. are easy, why doesnt ganon have a higher tech ceiling, he needs a shine.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
sh-bair-breverse float? that's probably the hardest thing to pull off that's useful that i can think of. sh-uair-breverse float is probably a thing, but i doubt you can get anything out before you would be forced to land...

maybe even go that extra step and do reverse-breverse float, so you're facing them as you float away?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

Holy **** this is such a mess. it's 10 pm on west coast and they're still halfway through winners, this is gonna end soooo late lmaooo. Smash 4 TOs need to get their **** together.

Also zero was playing too many friendlies so he got sent to losers by default, lol.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
people winning tournaments everywhere using one specific character, constantly getting far more out of very little effort, doubles devolving into two of that character for maximum efficiency, and zero/m2k immediately going right to them for long-term gain.

nonono, don't answer, I've heard this story before

Badge

Smash Apprentice
So, for the purposes of testing I dug up the knockback formula...

((((( Percent/10 + Percent*Damage/20 ) * 200/Weight+100 * 1.4 ) +18 ) * KBG/100 ) + BKB )

Which should be correct, but does not account for fall speed... how could I factor that into the results if possible?

I have a sheet open with all character's weight value and fall value, and then simply multiplied Weight*Fall for giggles to get a guestimate of "Vertical Launch Resistance", seeing as I have a feeling that the two values contribute lol. Jiggs obviously has the lowest VLR, and Captain Falcon has the highest. Seem about right?
First: Your knockback formula is missing two brackets, should be:

((((( Percent/10 + Percent*Damage/20 ) * 200/(Weight+100) * 1.4 ) +18 ) * KBG/100 ) + BKB )

Now, for how fall speed/terminal velocity affects knockback: Your character is falling during it with an acceleration equal to its gravity and a maximum falling speed of its terminal velocity. In addition to that knockback detiorates at a constant rate.

More exact: Divide the result of the knockback formula by 35 (iirc, something in that range) to get the speed in game units. There's some error at this point that I didn't yet manage to pinpoint that is neither constant nor directly proportional to the knockback. Now, each frames this happens (the variable names are just what I'm using in my script):
Code:
(new knockback stored into kbcomp here)
kbcomp = Math.max(kbcomp-0.051, 0);
fallcomp = Math.max(fallcomp-gravity, -terminal_velocity);
speed = kbcomp + fallcomp;
height += speed;
With this information you can see that the "vertical launch resistance" is different for weak and strong knockback. The stronger the knockback, the more important temirnal velocity becomes, while for very weak hits gravity is the main contributing factor. As far as surviving vertical kill throws goes (because weight doesn't contribute here, it's set at 100 for the purpose of the formula), Wolf is the best. If weight comes into the equation, CF probably wins because all the spacies are very light.

Perfect survival DI against strictly vertical knockback is indeed straight left/right. @ Soft Serve Soft Serve there's different things I imagine you could mean by deadzones, but neither affects strictly vertical/horizontal DI. In fact, cardinal directions are easier to hit.

How much of an influence terminal velocity(+gravity) has on vertical survival versus weight depends on a lot of factors, including launch angle, stage height, etc. Maybe there's a good simple estimate, but that would at least require a good deal of work to get. Generally, falling physics are more important but I can't say by how much.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Was going to Flux, but then me and my friend lost control of our car for a sec and wondered if it was a good idea to drive.
Then we saw 11 accidents in the span of a half hour and we thought maaaaaaybbbeeeee this was a bad idea.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can we see a Twitch emote in the future?

Give it time and something will happen. There's already people making accounts named who's ***** this is and what not on twitch.

Also I know that we are in 2015 and what not but I found this too funny lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey guys, I beat sethlon in a $10 MM.

afterwords he told me he'd pay to never play against me again

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
And SB follows up with the strong reversal.
How will his opponent answer? Is he down for the count? Has SB won? Will my mom ever make me some mac n cheese? Next time on PMS!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
well seeing as how I play DDD, then him paying to not play that MU also includes me as a player. BOOM

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
people winning tournaments everywhere using one specific character, constantly getting far more out of very little effort, doubles devolving into two of that character for maximum efficiency, and zero/m2k immediately going right to them for long-term gain.

The Smash Cycle folks. If things keep playing out like they did in Brawl, let it be known that I called it.

Nintendo and Sakurai DO have the power to stop this by simply doing one more well aimed balance patch.

D

Deleted member

Ripple, you're cute

try dealing with that man from losers bracket every week in a row IN THE DITTO.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I was 1 round away from playing him in losers. and judging by the way the sethlon played against andale, I would have easily won

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Just Pickka top tier. Why work for the money when you can make the money work for you.
The Smash Cycle folks. If things keep playing out like they did in Brawl, let it be known that I called it.

Nintendo and Sakurai DO have the power to stop this by simply doing one more well aimed balance patch.
The waterspout effect lol. They would have to do more than that man LBSH and even if they do nerf Diddy people are gonna go to the next easy mode top tier.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
And let there possibly be irrefutable evidence that he's exaggerating his exploits for the sake of ego, the way us humans are wont to do?

Banish the very thought!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Right he was doing smart stuff as well but I knew that over using that Screw Attack was gonna be the death of him.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've realizes why I hate how the Squirtle tech is named

They are so liberal with how they throw around dash and pivot when then mean run and turn around/turnrun. My god its frustrating. And then shell shift and hydro plane are the same ****ing thing except for what options you do out of it

It's really frustrating because Im practicing shell shift>pivot, and actually pivots, and it's really easy but if I try to talk about it it'll get confusing because brawl tech didn't translate 100% into melee engine and names are slightly off, **** this >.>

Also Squirtle stuff is really easy, it's just turn around and pivots and wavedashes and Crawls and bam you control the whole stage

Ss>pivot has a lot baiting and combo potential

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I log in this morning into Challonge to see who I play in my pool, and now I can't find my name. It really looks like they just straight up removed me from the pool.

Looks like I don't even get a chance, ggs.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I wish my MM with Ripple was recorded, so people could see how incredibly boring the set was. Zzzz.
Was fairly close though, went down to last game. Nothing like my sets with metroid lol

Top Bottom