• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So if I'm understanding correctly, apparently Hbox ragequitted from Sm4sh against a Diddy (player-1) at Paragon because some guy in the crowd was yelling HOO HA whenever the Diddy down threw. He paused, got up, and marched towards the guy and looked like Juan was about to knock him out rofl

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So if I'm understand correctly, Hbox ragequitted from Sm4sh against Diddy (player-1) because some guy in the crowd was yelling HOO HA whenever the Diddy down threw. He paused, got up, and marched towards the guy and looked like Juan was about to knock him out rofl
That's the funniest thing I've read all week.

I need someone who witnessed it to recreate the verbal accuracy of the hoo ha

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Lol what

SFAT is really good, and him and Leffen went to game 5 two sets in a row.
Chillin is no where near SFAT lol, chillin might take a game.
I mean Chillin is really good at the Fox ditto and against spacies in general. He's beaten Colbol twice and Westballz at EVO. You could argue that SFAT is better than Chillin, but "no where near" is kind of stretching it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad anything ganon? I don't imagine that you have any, even if you did, it wouldn't be anything hard or too technical.
SH Bair Uair and SH Uair Uair and stuff, ya know you're same old stuff you.. COULD'NT DO IN MELEE. THANK THE MECHANICS CHANGES THAT HAVE GRANTED YOU MANY THINGS AND THE PHYSICS DELAY IS A GIFT FOR ALL OF YOU BUT IT HAS NEGETIVE EFFECTS AND STUFF BUT THERES OTHER THINGS BEYOND THAT BUT I EXPLAINED THAT SOMEWHAT ALREADY BEFORE BUT ANYWAYS IT ALL COMES TO MEAN EARLY/DOUBLE AERIALS ARE MORE PROMINENT IN PM AND ARE NOT BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF LET ALONE KNOWN TO BARELY ANY OF YOU AND THATS ALSO WHY 1 FRAME OF BUFFER CAN BE HELPFUL TO OPEN PEOPLE'S EYES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixZR3-YiMw#t=52

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I mean Chillin is really good at the Fox ditto and against spacies in general. He's beaten Colbol twice and Westballz at EVO. You could argue that SFAT is better than Chillin, but "no where near" is kind of stretching it.
Nah Leffen has that mental game on lock

I agree chillin is good at the fox ditto because his fox is jank (falling upairs, dash attacks everywhere) and Leffen is bad at the ditto +nstc johns

But Leffens trash talking is too good, the twitter game is in Leffen favor and that's what matters :p

Honestly though Leffen just wants it a lot more. Chillin wants to be a good player, and is building his stream up. Leffen is pushing to be the best player, and is incredibly hungry. Thats where the difference will be imo.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Nah Leffen has that mental game on lock

I agree chillin is good at the fox ditto because his fox is jank (falling upairs, dash attacks everywhere) and Leffen is bad at the ditto +nstc johns

But Leffens trash talking is too good, the twitter game is in Leffen favor and that's what matters :p

Honestly though Leffen just wants it a lot more. Chillin wants to be a good player, and is building his stream up. Leffen is pushing to be the best player, and is incredibly hungry. Thats where the difference will be imo.
Leffen did lose to Ice, and Chillin unlike Leffen is probably able to focus more of his energy on practicing for Fox dittos/the MM more than the tournament (and beating top contenders like M2K) itself

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Talk is cheap. Always be ready to eat your words.

...Just putting that out there.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man reading the salt drama on twitter about Paragom is so juicy lol. And I'm just watching TSB on Team Spooky watching airdashers lol.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Man reading the salt drama on twitter about Paragom is so juicy lol. And I'm just watching TSB on Team Spooky watching airdashers lol.
What salt?

And Hbox better eat his ****ing words written on a tasty napkin for saying Smash 4 is funner than PM if he's gonna be ragin over it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So if I'm understand correctly, Hbox ragequitted from Sm4sh against a Diddy (player-1) at Paragon because some guy in the crowd was yelling HOO HA whenever the Diddy down threw. He paused, got up, and marched towards the guy and looked like Juan was about to knock him out rofl
Smash 4 is probably the most salt inducing game I've ever played in my entire life.

Like Jesus Christ, I was about to go Kiraflex on my own Wii U after playing like, three rounds of For Glory against Rolling Links and Diddys.

I'm genuinely not bad (probably in denial), but the input lag, combined with stupid uncanny **** always working in someone else's favor makes me literally turn into NaCl.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Smash 4 is probably the most salt inducing game I've ever played in my entire life.

Like Jesus Christ, I was about to go Kiraflex on my own Wii U after playing like, three rounds of For Glory against Rolling Links and Diddys.

I'm genuinely not bad (probably in denial), but the input lag, combined with stupid uncanny **** always working in someone else's favor makes me literally turn into NaCl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dDGnmZbN8I
I use a controller that's looser than a goose, and I don't get salty

but yeah I play Diddy and Mario in Smash 4

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What salt?

And Hbox better eat his ****ing words written on a tasty napkin for saying Smash 4 is funner than PM if he's gonna be ragin over it
The Hbox stuff mostly but yeah. There's always a salty person at a tourney big or small lol.

EDIT: @ Hinichii.ez.™ Hinichii.ez.™ You play Sonic you bring salt onto people with his presence.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lol you renamed the song
Mad what was that Squirtle challenge? 5 sh fair wl in a row? I got 3 but can't get better than that

Squirtman is cool, picking him up instead of luigi because squirtman can wave scuttle too. That puts him like 2 teirs higher in my coolness list

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Mad what was that Squirtle challenge? 5 sh fair wl in a row? I got 3 but can't get better than that

Squirtman is cool, picking him up instead of luigi because squirtman can wave scuttle too. That puts him like 2 teirs higher in my coolness list
Yeah it was 5, you got as many as Dad did. Seems the average human limit is 3, interesting.

Do SH Uair Down-b three times in a row

I should capitalize on all these techs, I mean there's people out there with legit videos on them already: but they don't matter because they don't have subs nor post to reddit (and that's why they don't have subs)

Half of all the stuff you see is repackaged filth, some bloke got 5k to jam it all into your ipad

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Yeah it was 5, you got as many as Dad did.

Do SH Uair Down-b three times in a row

I should capitalize on all these techs, I mean there's people out there with legit videos on them already: but they don't matter because they don't have subs nor post to reddit (and that's why they don't have subs)

Half of all the stuff you see is repackaged filth, some bloke got 5k to jam it all into your ipad
This one is rough, damn
I get one occasionally, but I keep either fast falling when I transition from slight up to slight down, or down bing too late and I hit the ground before the bubble hop comes out.

Edit: gave it a few more goes, got it. Hesitated then went for 3, lost the rhythm

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
This one is rough, damn
I get one occasionally, but I keep either fast falling when I transition from slight up to slight down, or down bing too late and I hit the ground before the bubble hop comes out.
It's very frustrating, but this is way more so (Down-b/Side-b the very last frame or something to get the animation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-iH5jw_to#t=42
And it puts my "useless" tech to shame

BUT that's the thing though, it's all relative. I could link Mango analysis where he analyzes M2K's sheik doing a FH FFall last frame nair this one time (once I rewatch everything again) that's sort of the same thing. @Ramz289 tell me if you come across that, it should be on Yoshis

It feels like it was only a few years ago that people didn't care about shield dropping

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

The **** is a wavescuttle

sounds like fake tech because it doesnt have a ridiculous name

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The **** is a wavescuttle

sounds like fake tech because it doesnt have a ridiculous name
Wavedash forward, crawl backwards >any move.

Wow, so the Squirtle squad knows all the pointless tech and game it new names, but don't know important/useful tech already found (for luigi/samus swd)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Wavedash forward, crawl backwards >any move.

Wow, so the Squirtle squad knows all the pointless tech and game it new names, but don't know important/useful tech already found (for luigi/samus swd)
**** that we have hydrocrawl

way more impressive and you can go in both directions

Edit: Also a post of mine got 100 likes

All of you can suck it

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So D1 was talking to GimR on stream and said "I got to play great Nintendo games at E3." He turns to GimR. "Do you know what game we'll be playing at Apex?"

awwwkwaard spoiler rofl

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
If you are DI'ing to survive a vertical kill move (say it sends you straight up), what would be the optimal survival DI? Fast-Fall and left/right? Or left/right and down (not FFing, but angled DI down after going l/r)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
**** that we have hydrocrawl

way more impressive and you can go in both directions

Edit: Also a post of mine got 100 likes

All of you can suck it
Lol unliked it, have fun at 99
If you are DI'ing to survive a vertical kill move (say it sends you straight up), what would be the optimal survival DI? Fast-Fall and left/right? Or left/right and down (not FFing, but angled DI down after going l/r)
If it's straight vertical you want to DI straight right/left. I don't know if actual 90%/perpendicular is perfect di because dead zones on the control stick, but its a good rule of thumb. There's a tool in the melee boards with optimal di calculations, cant find it but mad probably knows where it is.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Hm, so Fast Falling wouldn't help really? Just hard left/right?
Well, not getting hit by the attack at all would probably rid you of the problem in the first place.

/s

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lol unliked it, have fun at 99

If it's straight vertical you want to DI straight right/left. I don't know if actual 90%/perpendicular is perfect di because dead zones on the control stick, but its a good rule of thumb. There's a tool in the melee boards with optimal di calculations, cant find it but mad probably knows where it is.
Okay so take your sextant, and position your trusty fedora onto the...

D

Deleted member

And I just lost eight times in a row in For Glory.

I know those kinds of loses don't reflect you as a player, but I feel like a first grader.

I'm debating whether or not to just to quit Smash 4 Worldwide because this game is ****ing bull****.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well, not getting hit by the attack at all would probably rid you of the problem in the first place.

/s
Well yeah lol.

What I am trying to do here is lab some stuff involving a certain KO option at certain heights vs characters and so forth. I just am fuzzy on the correct survival DI to use in the "With proper DI" tests, and along those lines if fall speed is the main factor with such a move or Fall speed + Weight.

Top Bottom