• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Cisgender means that your gender matches your biological sex. Heterosexual means that you are attracted to the opposite sex/gender (depending on who you ask). They are very different things.
Yeah.

The distinction can seem kinda pedantic to those of us who were born with bodies that match our mental predilections, but really, adding 3 letters to a sentence won't exactly ruin your life.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
As long as they can be done well, would that be a bad thing? °3°
Because pmbr has already stated that they're only using characters in Brawl, along with having smash 4 characters would be stepping on the success of that game. Nintendo could come down on pm.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
To say that Nintendo supports or allows PM at this point is still a bit of a stretch, as the announcement was clearly made in relation to fanart/covers/let's plays in favor of content creators on nicovideo. Whether or not that means that they're okay with people making a new game with their resources isn't quite certain.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
To say that Nintendo supports or allows PM at this point is still a bit of a stretch, as the announcement was clearly made in relation to fanart/covers/let's plays in favor of content creators on nicovideo. Whether or not that means that they're okay with people making a new game with their resources isn't quite certain.
Pretty sure the way they mentioned "derivative works" would include PM. However, that's not stopping them from coming in and demanding they remove USB/gecko support.

GreaterMaelstrom

Smash Rookie
Is it me, or does it seem like PM has been balanced around the melee top tiers (excluding ICs).

It kinda feels like all characters were nerfed in a way to benefit the veterans w/ a few acceptions.

Fox, marth, falco, sheik and peach seem unscathed despite the large amount of "rebalancing"

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Is it me, or does it seem like PM has been balanced around the melee top tiers (excluding ICs).

It kinda feels like all characters were nerfed in a way to benefit the veterans w/ a few acceptions.

Fox, marth, falco, sheik and peach seem unscathed despite the large amount of "rebalancing"
I feel like it's been balanced around the Melee top tiers, both in good and bad ways. There's a lot they fixed that was needed, but then they did a lot of unneeded nerfs that should either be reversed, changed, or given more appropriate buffs to other areas.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

Falco's Dair was nerfed. The sweet spot went from 10 active frames to 4 and the hitbox was shrunken.

EDIT: is SC ********?
They don't wanna start a new slate for v3.5
WHY WOULD YOU KEEP YOUR RANKINGS FROM v3.2
Am I missing something??

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I feel like it's been balanced around the Melee top tiers, both in good and bad ways. There's a lot they fixed that was needed, but then they did a lot of unneeded nerfs that should either be reversed, changed, or given more appropriate buffs to other areas.
PMDT said:
As previously mentioned with our recovery blogpost, please note that this stems from design, and not necessarily balance. Our overview of the cast is a global one, and characters will receive due consideration regardless of current perceptions of their viability. As such, it is important to consider your character's changes within the scope of our goals for version 3.5, as opposed to viewing their changes in a 3.02 vacuum.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yo I got this yesterday and found it so funny. If Fox does this Ganon can't reflect his lasers ... at all. And even funnier, lvl 9 Fox will just chill there shooting lasers until you approach him. Then he'll try and run up and up-smash ... everytime.

They got Fox players down to the T ;)

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ shairn shairn And that's why I said there were things fixed that were needed, that's fine with the scope of their design, but other things should be changed, noting they said it wasn't related to balance.

A lot of the stuff that seems unfair will likely be less talked about as the game is played more with others, but I still feel certain aspects were taken too far. And of course, nothing is final yet, so things will be changing.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Yo I got this yesterday and found it so funny. If Fox does this Ganon can't reflect his lasers ... alot all. And even funnier, lvl 9 Fox will just chill there shooting lasers until you approach him. Then he'll try and run upand up-smash ... everytime.

Meanwhile level 3 Falcos approach with short hop b reverse fast fall lasers and proceed to shine and pillar you to oblivion.

Offstage, though, it's an endless cycle of UpB -> retreating ledgehop Bair -> fall down -> UpB and repeat...

Edit: Commas are not periods

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yo I got this yesterday and found it so funny. If Fox does this Ganon can't reflect his lasers ... at all. And even funnier, lvl 9 Fox will just chill there shooting lasers until you approach him. Then he'll try and run up and up-smash ... everytime.

This is the "Don't Get Hit" Event Match in a nutshell.

Just without Marf.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, awesome idea incoming

Now that Nintendo dont give a ****, PMBR should remove melee top 8 and replace them with new characters! Because if people wanna play melee top 8 there's melee! And everyone's happy!

:troll:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality

It just seems that the timing to reflect with Ganon is tighter. You were reflecting some of his lasers, but with CPU Fox's perfect SHDL timing they were going right under/above him.

KuroJet

Smash Cadet

*They got M2K's Fox down to the T.

I don't see any other Fox player do that nearly as much as he might...

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Guys, awesome idea incoming

Now that Nintendo dont give a ****, PMBR should remove melee top 8 and replace them with new characters! Because if people wanna play melee top 8 there's melee! And everyone's happy!

:troll:
I like this joke. But I'm confused why "top 8". Is it universally agreed that melee had 8 tournament viable characters? I feel like there were just the big 4 (Spacies Shiek Marth).

If there were 4 more I guess they would be, Peach, Cap Falc, uh, Jigglypuff? And. Hm. Oh I guess IC's right?

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Ughhhhh now all these scrubs are gonna want smash 4 characters in pm
There are a few sm4sh characters that are great ideas and would be great additions to PM. That said, it'll never happen, as they'd require being made from scratch and Nintendo would be likely to intervene.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I like this joke. But I'm confused why "top 8". Is it universally agreed that melee had 8 tournament viable characters? I feel like there were just the big 4 (Spacies Shiek Marth).

If there were 4 more I guess they would be, Peach, Cap Falc, uh, Jigglypuff? And. Hm. Oh I guess IC's right?
You're right, I should have said top 4. Fox, Falco Shiek and Marth are all incredibly boring to play against

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
You're right, I should have said top 4. Fox, Falco Shiek and Marth are all incredibly boring to play against
Whenever I got a dude down to 1 stock in a competitive scene I always inwardly considered it a win for me.

edit: And so did spectators. They'd be allike "OHHHHH DORF ALMOST GOT YOU DAWG EEE" eyr'one knew what was up

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Whenever I got a dude down to 1 stock in a competitive scene I always inwardly considered it a win for me.

edit: And so did spectators. They'd be allike "OHHHHH DORF ALMOST GOT YOU DAWG EEE" eyr'one knew what was up
Thats usually how it is for me, but only when i'm fighting Marths since he has such a big advantage over Squirtle. My only trouble with the other three is getting bored and I stop putting effort into the match xD

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
A new player's experience:
Fox and Falco are easy for me up to a certain point where they are suddenly godlike
I have no idea what Shiek does
Marth is frustrating because of his tipper mechanic, but manageable

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
A new player's experience:
Fox and Falco are easy for me up to a certain point where they are suddenly godlike
I have no idea what Shiek does
Marth is frustrating because of his tipper mechanic, but manageable
Pootis if I were a lady I would totally try to get good with a lady character and represent the raw power of my ovaries. I love gender assigning in video games. :D

Who would you choose if you did main a female in PM? And sm4sh for that matter.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Thats usually how it is for me, but only when i'm fighting Marths since he has such a big advantage over Squirtle. My only trouble with the other three is getting bored and I stop putting effort into the match xD
Hold on now, I was just talking about Melee. Are you saying right now in PM 3.5 the classic melee top-tiers are coincidentally overpowered?

edit: sorry about dp :S

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
If I had Sm4sh I'd likely try out Robin and play exclusively the red-haired female skin. Otherwise, Palutena looks pretty great.

Smash doesn't have many ladies with playstyles I gravitate towards, though Samus and Peach are pretty fun in casual play

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hold on now, I was just talking about Melee. Are you saying right now in PM 3.5 the classic melee top-tiers are coincidentally overpowered?

edit: sorry about dp :S
Eh, more just boring to play against. Some aspects if them are OP I suppose, but they literally just bore the **** out of me.

Seriously? Dafug Nintendo? Rumors that Nintendo is sponsoring tournaments to promote Smash 4 and shut Melee are real, but with P:M.

There goes one of the biggest P:M events, seriously. Nintendo is making a BIG mistake.
The funny thing is they're trying to appeal to the competitive scene 8F

Top Bottom