• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
If I had Sm4sh I'd likely try out Robin and play exclusively the female skin. Otherwise, Palutena looks pretty great.

Smash doesn't have many ladies with playstyles I gravitate towards, though Samus and Peach are pretty fun in casual play
When you say "Smash" you mean PM? If so I agree, Smash 4 did add sooo many cool female characters that I wish PM could adopt. Pretty much every one of them are awesome. Except I think Lucina shoulda just been a gender alternative for the Marth roster square.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I meant Smash in general, but the lack of females in PM is also a thing by extension. I can only think of 4 if you count the Samuses and Zelda/Shiek as the same character

And the heavy-hitting playstyle I like is kinda hard to replicate with what is expected of a female character. Unless there was a female Bowser skin and I just horrified myself with that image

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Samus, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, annnd... Um. Hm. Who're you thinking of? Jigglypuff is... feminine but....

This's gonna drive me nuts.

edit: Oh I guess its just them.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
so basically, the salty suite, something considered to be the least e-sports part of a smash event, the part that's assumed to be disconnected from the rest of corporate mindset... is now also controlled by nintendo.

esports is some real bull****

Bleck

Smash Master
do we know for sure that it's "cause Nintendo" yet

I mean that does seem the most likely but maybe we shouldn't be assuming speculation to be true, here

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So when I activate the Bowser Challenge event, it leads me to an event where I'm Bowser and it leads me to 3 marios on metal cavern. The hell?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I meant Smash in general, but the lack of females in PM is also a thing by extension. I can only think of 4 if you count the Samuses and Zelda/Shiek as the same character

And the heavy-hitting playstyle I like is kinda hard to replicate with what is expected of a female character. Unless there was a female Bowser skin and I just horrified myself with that image

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Pk fire and dthrow got nerfed so he couldn't just flowchart pk fire in neutral, and if it hit or they shielded it, dthrow>combo or bair

He didn't get anything to compensate because he has a fantastic kit already, people just don't use it.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

Samus/Zero
Zelda/Sheik
Jigglypuff
Nana (Actually playable on some color swaps)
Ivysaur
Peach

That's 6.

Edit: Oh, I see you already brought those two up.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
The initial hit of PK Fire does damage, so it has shield stun
Fire pillar falls faster, so now hitting their foreheads won't mean missing the entire move
DThrow was pretty dumb anyway
PKT1 is better, PKT in general lost little compared to other recoveries from what i see

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Samus/Zero
Zelda/Sheik
Jigglypuff
Nana (Actually playable on some color swaps)
Ivysaur
Peach

That's 6.
Ivysaur and Jiggs are debatable, and to be honest I tend to overlook IC's in general, I really need to stop that

Edit: Why the heck did I double post

Last edited:

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Was this posted?

Nintendo properties can be used in fan projects without worry of C&D's..... The dream is alive
In Japan anyway

Last edited:

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
I gotta say, my favorite part about Ganondorf is his taunt attack.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
The initial hit of PK Fire does damage, so it has shield stun
Fire pillar falls faster, so now hitting their foreheads won't mean missing the entire move
DThrow was pretty dumb anyway
PKT1 is better, PKT in general lost little compared to other recoveries from what i see
PKT2 lost little, but it's still really easy to gimp :p

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I ended up watching Battle of Gods last night and I enjoyed it. It was just stupid lighthearted fun, which totally reminded me of Dragon Ball and made me appreciate the movie more. That doesn't mean the plot wasn't **** though.

Sometimes I wish they would just redo everything past the Vegeta Saga so we could get a series more like DB.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Can someone explain Ness changes? To me it looks like pkfire was nerfed and he didn't get anything to compensate.
that's basically what happened yes
ಠ_ಠ

-Forward Special (PK Fire)
--No longer activates on shield.
--Initial hit damage raised from 0 to 8 and now has same KB as the pillar. Victim can no longer shield between the fireball hit and the first pillar hit.
--Pillar hits changed in duration from 100 frames to 45, but time between pillar pulses is slightly reduced. Pillar pulse damage reduced from 3 to 1, but can no longer be reflected.
--Pillar gravity increased so it prevents whiffing when aerial pk fire hits some characters' heads for the first few pulses.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
prince dat selfy oolala

are we for real allowed to use our faces in avy's and woo the crowd? I am a handsome mother ****** be warned all of you.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Well even if Nintendo is going to keep quiet about PM and where it stands, at least this news shows that they are backing away from their most draconian policies. Which is good for PM in the long run if they don't try and claim copyright on streams and videos.

People already assumed PM was shut out of Apex, so this is just confirming what we knew and also shows definitively what TOs need to think about before taking Ninty dollars.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@SpiderMad still not blaster stuff, but wolf can do shine> full hop instant dair on shield (chillin does this a lot) and then come down wiwith a nair and get the landing hitbox> shine. Best part about this pressure string is that every single move converts into a combo at any percent

Top Bottom