• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This version feels a little bit more Melee-player friendly, and no matter if I like it or not, it may allow them to try it out. I personally like it, though Fox is still dumb, like did he get any lag off his recovery cause this guy can act right out of it.

EDIT: nvm I think I'm dumb lol

But then again, it isn't Melee so ...

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Fox still has only 4 (IIRC) frames of landing lag out of his UpB?

But apparently it's alright because they made his USmash kill around 10% later

Edit: Tilde where have you gone

Edit2: That sounded saltier than I would have liked. Then again, spacies are still pretty crazy

Last edited:

Swampy948

Smash Cadet
I still don't see how people think Fox is definitely just broken in the project M environment. I mean, he has bad matchups.
If they can't beat a character, then they're counted broken. Lol. Logic.

Fox is not broken, and I would know, being a Fox main myself. Yeah, the fact that I suck has part to do with it but still. Saying Fox is broken is like saying Melee Kirby is the best character in the game

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I still don't see how people think Fox is definitely just broken in the project M environment. I mean, he has bad matchups.
I might be new, but even I see that Fox and Falco, while far from OP, have tools that can shut down some characters quite a bit. Also, shine feels rather over-centralizing to their gameplay because it has so many uses.

But this has already been discussed here and 3.5 just came out, so we'll have to see if the spacies hold up as well

If they can't beat a character, then they're counted broken. Lol. Logic.
The only time I've been made salty by a Fox was when I was placed from one side of Smashville to the other in less than a second, then knocked offstage and shine spiked for my last stock on my last day of 3.02. I find playing against spacies is no big deal until they get to a certain level, then they become somewhat polarizing (though not nearly as much as some characters)

Last edited:

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
You know, with the delayed release and the all nerfs, im starting to wonder if 3.5 is some kind of crazy social experiment.
As a psych major and current mental health counselor. I could not stop thinking about this when it was delayed for such a long time. But the nerfs are definitely legit.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
3.5 helps us realize how janky spacies are in a vacuum of non-jank so that we all unilaterally demand spacie nerfs/redesigns next patch.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
And to out any scrubs who were good at hiding it.
Not anymore, they're not!

Also, I meant to post this that night, but I saw Big Hero 6 last Friday.
...I know what my first powered armor/next year's Halloween get-up/first serious-business-tier cosplay is, now.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Any nerfs done to the spacies are pretty much going to have to remain permanent due to the controversy undoing them would cause unlike other characters they can mess around with and see how it goes.

So I can understand the caution in making small tweaks every update while making them feel very close to the originals in gameplay and see what happens.

Plus this game started out as a Falco mod.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Fox is not broken, and I would know, being a Fox main myself.
"I'm not biased, and I would know! I have every conceivable reason to be biased!"

White cis hetero males don't actually have any systemic privileges; and I would know, being a white cis hetero male.

uh

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I for one am having a splendid time with 3.5

Although I wanted to side main Olimar ... now I'm not so sure.
Maybe I'll have a pocket Mario and Kirby

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
:luigi2:

It's time shine better watch out!
Hell yeah! People talk about Ganon like he's the second coming of Jesus, but everyone is sleeping Weegee.
That's a mistake they'll soon regret.
:4luigi:Time baby!!

Also speaking of Ganon im actualy really happy with him now. I was worried that the hover would change
the way he plays, but it didn't! I have't had a chance to use neutral b to reflect projectiles yet, but i did jab reset with it the other day. My brother missed the tech after air flame choke and i did jab reset to dair to fair.
TOOOO MUUUCH SWAAAAAGGGGEEER!!!!

Mobile smashboards is hella derpy today >_>.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Bad Fox mains really can't have a say on the performance of Fox. Bad Fox is literally the easiest matchup in the entire game. They get trashed so badly.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
GET HYPE

For those too lazy to click links:

"During the announcement festivities for a special gaming event called "Tokaigi Game Party Japan 2015," Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata appeared appeared as a sponsor and made an exciting announcement. Nintendo is now officially allowing their intellectual properties to be used by fans for derivative works. Iwata made this announcement as a video played showing off Let's Plays, music covers, and fanart as examples

Additionally, Nintendo content is now eligible for Nicovideo's (Japanese video service) "Creative Endorsement Program," allowing popular content creators to monetize their Nintendo-related works. We're eager to see if something similar is announced for the West, especially given Nintendo's previous stance that they own all the profits from YouTube videos featuring Nintendo content. "

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I got really bored, tired and morbidly curious last night, so I watched the following in PM:

Turbo Fast Heavy Stamina Mode (All-Star Optional) with 1 on 3 Team matches with 3 Stocks vs 3 Level 9 Foxes on Type 2 with Team Attack off, Damage Ratio at 0.5 and the 1st CPU having max health while the 3 Foxes have 200HP.

Watching 3 Foxes completely body the mess out of any character while hopping around frantically like they all have rabies with the other character desperately trying to take them out of just survive is the easily most stupid yes hilariously entertaining thing I did all night before passing out asleep.

Especially if one Fox has the character in the middle of the stage and the other 2 Foxes are at both ends of the stage cause they'll just keep hopping in place and spamming lasers to add insult to injury. I should grab the Melee Fox voice pack just for additional hilarity. I wonder if Falco does as well as him. XD

I did try fighting them all myself as Captain Falcon...It went about as well as you'd probably expect. ¦D

Funny enough, out of all the CPUs I had face them, the ones that came the closest to actually winning were the Ice Climbers. Then again, it was on Infinity Glacier which actually the match even more hilarious to watch.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
-awesome and dumb OP vs matches-
I think I might be in love.

I remember doing something in Brawl akin to Curry Metal 300% Fast Mega on tiny stages like Yoshi's Island. I did it some in old PM versions with Green Hill Zone.

This has inspired me to do it all over again XD

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
When you say heterosexual white male, that is the only thing you can possibly mean.
Cisgender means that your gender matches your biological sex. Heterosexual means that you are attracted to the opposite sex/gender (depending on who you ask). They are very different things.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think I might be in love.

I remember doing something in Brawl akin to Curry Metal 300% Fast Mega on tiny stages like Yoshi's Island. I did it some in old PM versions with Green Hill Zone.

This has inspired me to do it all over again XD
I aim to please~ ¦3

Seriously though, Turbo Stamina All-Star or even without the Turbo is become my absolute new favorite thing for Smash. Project Mahvel baby!

I know I should practice seriously in case I ever get to actually battle one of you guys, but I can't help but stay in Special Smash because of all of this fun stuff. <3

Meanwhile, I'm also still waiting for an Auto L-Cancel codeset to be done already. ¦D;

Holy ****...

Top Bottom