• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Master WGS

Smash Lord
So I know squat about doing my own custom stuff on Brawl/PM. I have a music manager for my brstms, and in 3.02 I went through and renamed all of my custom songs (of which there are many). What do I need to export/replace from my old SD card on my new, 3.5 card so I don't have to go through and rename everything through the manager again?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The idea that villains get progressively stronger is inherently flawed and is one of the biggest problems in the shounen manga industry. Stop making your characters battle bad guys like it's the freaking crusades and have them face real problems that can't be solved by going into the hyperbolic time chamber for two chapters then punching it harder.

It's ****ty, lazy story writing but it works because it plays on people's fantasies.
Someone hasnt read One Punch Man :troll:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It's crazy how much I hear about HxH. I can't stand the art in the manga I think it's actually bad. But it sounds like literally everything else about it is great. I also have to get over how young they are-- I am biased towards shounens of older teens and 20s protags.
Age isn't really a thing in HunterxHunter's world (culturally), and for good reason. You'll figure out why whenever you read it/watch it.

What is the "empathy" thing the protag has you mentioned? I mean I know the meaning of the word.
You know how, during the Chuunin Exam arc, Naruto kept wailing to Gaara that the two of them lead the same kind of lifestyle and that he shouldn't walk down that dark road because he knows exactly what it's like? And how he snapped Gaara (sociopath-***-psychopath at this point) to his senses by headbutting this into him?

(To answer my rhetorical question real quick: No, Naruto, you have zero ****ing idea what it was like for Gaara. By comparison, Naruto lived an almost Hollywood kid-movie lifestyle where he endured arguably PG-rated scolding and ostracism from his peers. Gaara, on the other hand, had everybody hating his guts from day one and his own father trying to kill him at every turn in the effort to make him a weapon.)

Yeah, there's little of that crap. Gon's simple, down-to-earth personality lends him a kind of awkwardness that you'd find in a kid, but it's conveyed in a way that makes you really appreciate what he's doing at times.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Fox/Kirby best team

I was supposed to do the carrying while PatCombo played support, but he got 7 swallow gimps in one set

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve Did you get anything recorded for Wolf in that lab session you did or whatever?

If you're gonna do another, you should pry get important Fox info for Diddy. U-throw Chain grabs, When he dies from Up-smash (with and without DI). And also anything for Sheik or Mario though idk what.
So I really love 3.5, but I get what people are saying about it begin aesthetically blander. The characters have less jank, and the new huds and stages and sounds are gorgeous, It just feels more controlled. Which is a good and a bad thing.

Before PM got me excited because it felt like a new game to explore new tech and settups with, particularly labbing it up with diddy and wolf. But Diddy got gutted and his tech is already solved, and Wolf is pretty much descovered and just needs to be optimized. The characters feel tamer.

For me its changing from a game to learn to a game to master and optimize, like whats left besides adapting to nerfs is just solving the game and the matchups. Its a different experience, and feels closer to the reasons I love melee than the reasons I loved PM before.
No bro, MK lost a bunch. We still got all the stuff except 2 banana game: we still don't know the intricacies of what one banana game entails. We can still grab our own nuts too, having that removed would be emasculating.

Lol his tech ain't solved.

Last edited:

TheLastOneAlive

Smash Cadet
So I know squat about doing my own custom stuff on Brawl/PM. I have a music manager for my brstms, and in 3.02 I went through and renamed all of my custom songs (of which there are many). What do I need to export/replace from my old SD card on my new, 3.5 card so I don't have to go through and rename everything through the manager again?
projectm>pf>info2>info.pac>MiscData[140] - For music titles as they appear in Vs Mode.
projectm>pf>info2>info_training.pac>MiscData[140] - For music titles as they appear in Training Mode.
projectm>pf>menu2>mu_menumain.pac>MiscData[7] - For music titles as they appear in My Music.

Just use Brawlbox to export your old MiscData files and replace them with the exported ones on your new build.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I Passed out on my floor with my controller in my hand at like 5, didn't get anything recorded. I didn't know I could advanced by 1 frame by pressing Z at the time so I was struggling to find anything meaningful. I pretty much just want to throw togeather a quick quick video of his nair>shine and Dair>shine on shield, and double shines and Shine grabs, although I dont think theres a shield stun indicator

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I might drop Diddy altogeather, I played him as much as I could today but upsmash and upthrow nerfs just felt too hard against most characters. His item stuff is still really fun and good and his nair is amazing, I'd just rather play Wolf/Fox/GnW and blow people up with combos

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Theres a shield-stun indicator in the PM debug? I couldn't get anything like that to show up when I toggled through the hitbox settings

Master WGS

Smash Lord
projectm>pf>info2>info.pac>MiscData[140] - For music titles as they appear in Vs Mode.
projectm>pf>info2>info_training.pac>MiscData[140] - For music titles as they appear in Training Mode.
projectm>pf>menu2>mu_menumain.pac>MiscData[7] - For music titles as they appear in My Music.

Just use Brawlbox to export your old MiscData files and replace them with the exported ones on your new build.
Thank you. You just saved me a bunch of time! <3

KuroJet

Smash Cadet
So, just to put it out there. **** Olimar.

Hate that character. Why the hell did Nintendo even put him in this game (and then bring him BACK next game at that?!)?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Is this on AZPM's twitch?
This was on our side recording setup, the videos are up on the same youtube channel. Audio de-synch problems for the secondary recording setup though

I entered singles with the PMS tag, pls give me advice on wth I did wrong vs lucario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5q3hUWX2w

Other than not laser camping, I know I should have done that more

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
@the Devs

So I suggested this before but I want to do it again to perhaps increase the chances that it is seen, and also because the new All-Star mode and and the massive Stamina mode improvements make me want this that much more.

There should be a mode where there's a meter system similar to Lucario's, and when you get a certain amount of hits/damage/whatever, you gain your final smash, similar to traditional fighters. I think this would be a really fun and interesting addition and a way to make use of the final smash mechanic.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Theres a shield-stun indicator in the PM debug? I couldn't get anything like that to show up when I toggled through the hitbox settings
No I meant the frame advance.

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I might drop Diddy altogeather, I played him as much as I could today but upsmash and upthrow nerfs just felt too hard against most characters. His item stuff is still really fun and good and his nair is amazing, I'd just rather play Wolf/Fox/GnW and blow people up with combos
He can't pillar as easily with Up-smash and Dair, but I thought Up-throw still sets up some stuff.

None of those characters can grab their own nuts.

We'll first you mentioned tech. I can still SEE more tech. Beyond the point that most Diddys didn't use half of what was say "discovered" or whatever. Some of it is more global related stuff, like his ledge jump setting up for perfect WL on Yoshis. And Side-b edge cancels and stuff.

I think his aerial combos are still good, though I don't know if Uair actually leads to different combos now in a good or bad way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFYbhaaUQ0#t=952 I noticed this happen vs Junebug where he dair'd him and got Up-b'd, I wonder what you're suppose to do after the dair.

I felt like Diddy wasn't nerfed in a way that's gonna stop aggressive behavior, though I think DisqoBunny mentioned with one banana would make him super campy and cautious. idk.

I entered singles with the PMS tag, pls give me advice on wth I did wrong vs lucario

You did a lot of stuff wrong, I don't think much had to do with Lucario. I just got done watching the top 4 of Fox With It all being Foxes though to hold you in comparison to them.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
He's undeniably outclassed now, so all of that is pretty moot either way.
Ayyyyyyyy

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
This was on our side recording setup, the videos are up on the same youtube channel. Audio de-synch problems for the secondary recording setup though

First thing I noticed is that your Fox looks like he's really trying to block Lucario's dash attacks with his face.

Lucario is the classic "Don't get hit" matchup since a lot of his power is really only started up if he can land something. And dash attack approaches with Lucario are subpar, to say the least. Baiting out that dash attack with proper DD spacing then punishing hard would be a better way to play neutral, forcing Lucario to try riskier things and commit Aura charges to get in. That's how you play the MU. Add that to more laser camping and playing more keep-away in general and the outcome of the match swings a lot more in your favor.

One thing that could have also happened is that playing this DD game could have forced the Lucario to put Aura Spheres out there to open you up. AS is pretty punishable for someone as mobile as Fox, so that would have given you more opportunities to punish as well.

So yeah, basically do the keep away. Aura, OHC and Double Team give Lucario the ability to go pretty toe-to-toe with Fox, especially one that knows how to punish Fox hard.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
@HyperrCrow
Yo, got that BRSTM made. It's not absolutely perfect since the original song wasn't designed to loop (and I pulled this from Youtube), but the end point segues really well back into the intro. You'll only notice it when specifically listening, but it goes over smoothly in the middle of a match.

If you or someone else has the OST, I can easily make it again with a higher quality version of the track.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
First thing I noticed is that your Fox looks like he's really trying to block Lucario's dash attacks with his face.

Lucario is the classic "Don't get hit" matchup since a lot of his power is really only started up if he can land something. And dash attack approaches with Lucario are subpar, to say the least. Baiting out that dash attack with proper DD spacing then punishing hard would be a better way to play neutral, forcing Lucario to try riskier things and commit Aura charges to get in. That's how you play the MU. Add that to more laser camping and playing more keep-away in general and the outcome of the match swings a lot more in your favor.

One thing that could have also happened is that playing this DD game could have forced the Lucario to put Aura Spheres out there to open you up. AS is pretty punishable for someone as mobile as Fox, so that would have given you more opportunities to punish as well.

So yeah, basically do the keep away. Aura, OHC and Double Team give Lucario the ability to go pretty toe-to-toe with Fox, especially one that knows how to punish Fox hard.
thanks. I know that he wasn't playing or punishing optimally, I just had essentially zero lucario exp (Its limited to getting bopped by Staufy at evo for the most part) and didn't adapt to him. I honestly didn't remember him DAing that much and was more worried about him CC-Dtilting me, because thats what I picked up from game 1 that he enjoyed
I also remember getting flustered that I couldn't punish his fsmash on my shield because he would just ASC it. Its a different type of shield pressure that bothers me tbh, but I should have adapted. I know multiple times I tried to WD OoS and grab him after Fsmash but I'd just walk into the ASC and eat a punish. Not even an optimal punish, but they were wracking up. I was trying Melee edge guards still but couldn't capitalize on any of them

Meh, I was sorta content with how I played after the end of the set, but going back and watching my play just makes me cringe.
I dont like Fox in PM, at least 3.02, I just hadn't been practicing wolf as I was more focused on preparing to run the bracket, and I went all fox

3.5 is time to get better.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
thanks. I know that he wasn't playing or punishing optimally, I just had essentially zero lucario exp (Its limited to getting bopped by Staufy at evo for the most part) and didn't adapt to him. I honestly didn't remember him DAing that much and was more worried about him CC-Dtilting me, because thats what I picked up from game 1 that he enjoyed
I also remember getting flustered that I couldn't punish his fsmash on my shield because he would just ASC it. Its a different type of shield pressure that bothers me tbh, but I should have adapted. I know multiple times I tried to WD OoS and grab him after Fsmash but I'd just walk into the ASC and eat a punish. Not even an optimal punish, but they were wracking up. I was trying Melee edge guards still but couldn't capitalize on any of them

Meh, I was sorta content with how I played after the end of the set, but going back and watching my play just makes me cringe.
I dont like Fox in PM, at least 3.02, I just hadn't been practicing wolf as I was more focused on preparing to run the bracket, and I went all fox

3.5 is time to get better.
Year of the Wofl, man.

Yeah, with Lucario, the best option usually is to spot-dodge.

And the fill the air between you and him with lasers since that's an option for Wfol. Have fun.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Year of the Wofl, man.

Yeah, with Lucario, the best option usually is to spot-dodge.

And the fill the air between you and him with lasers since that's an option for Wfol. Have fun.
Year of the wolf and the 2d flat man. Wolf/Gnw all day

Oh my god new bucket is obscene

KuroJet

Smash Cadet
I hate GnW too cause of that ****ing hammer.

Oh hur dur got a nine, gg

what in blue blazing flying duck **** was someone thinking...

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@the Devs

So I suggested this before but I want to do it again to perhaps increase the chances that it is seen, and also because the new All-Star mode and and the massive Stamina mode improvements make me want this that much more.

There should be a mode where there's a meter system similar to Lucario's, and when you get a certain amount of hits/damage/whatever, you gain your final smash, similar to traditional fighters. I think this would be a really fun and interesting addition and a way to make use of the final smash mechanic.
So you want to play PSASBR.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
And with Zelda's new Din's fire, there's probably a lot of salt to be produced soon lol
Yeah, I'm really loving it.
Day one woes over no more triple Dins have evaporated now, honestly. Instead of lamenting what Zelda was, I'm looking forward to what she is now.

That said, I am still disappointed in what I think are overnerfs for certain other characters.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

Wow here's something I never knew I wanted to learn. Thanks.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Bleh. Can't play PM with people today or Wednesday because of a weird event my college has until 3. Some kind of spa thing that might be interesting if i didn't have classes during those times

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The left side wasn't fixed because how can mech unlock the pms achievement if the requirement to be pms is being wealthy in the hyperinflated currency of mechlikes

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So I have to say that PM, in both aesthetics and gameplay, finally stopped feeling like a mod to me with 3.5 and now feels like a real Smash game if that makes sense.

The characters feel smooth with minimal jank, the new stages all look professionally done now (DP tree trunk and waterfall climbing RF aren't placeholders anymore) and the little touches like Bowser having his own victory theme, fleshed out Event Matches and Stamina Mode, holding pause option etc. are the kind of things you expect from a retail game.

If the demo label wasn't already gone and kept a while longer, this would be the update to drop it.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Bowser's victory theme sounds awesome, couldn't believe it when I first heard it.

I wonder if they will add some for other characters or if it's only Bowser because he's the true king

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
There's still a lot of potential stuff to be discovered with samus, no one combo is the same, so her game is still fresh af
Goat & Wreck is just beast. Plus I love me some occasional rng (not really, considering only 1 and 2 are bad)

and agreed with Comeback kid. Everything feels real smooth and legit. In previous versions, a lot of moves felt really artificially conceived for combos and jank, while now you need to figure out a lot of stuff on your own

Top Bottom