• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I don't want to be that guy, but has the PMBR taken Smash 4 Wii U's release date into account regarding the next update's release?

I'm just curious where P:M will be standing in the long run, what do you guys think?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Now I can stop using the default mk
#basedgod
Finally Metaknight represented as the tyrant he was in Brawl.

Also the P:M Falco thread is disgusting. Its just a buncha kids saying "WHY DID YOU RE-CLONE FALCO?" or "CAN FALCO ATTACK OUT OF UP-B?". Every thread is a wish list asking for better recovery and brawl reflector.

I JUST WANT TO LEARN THE FALCO-PIT MATCH-UP!!!!
I mean
You could learn it
If you left your house. Maybe played some people who play pit??

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't want to be that guy, but has the PMBR taken Smash 4 Wii U's release date into account regarding the next update's release?
I don't think we even know the release date?

Turbo Tuesdays = Art Tuesdays, so 4.0 can't be too far away with this countdown they have started.

I don't see the point in comparing them though, two totally different beasts that won't appeal to everyone.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
That would be kinda silly. That would involve putting out either an incomplete build, or delaying the release of the build artificially. Unless they were Beta testers, I guess, but the danger of the incomplete build leaking would still be pretty undesirable.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
That would be kinda silly. That would involve putting out either an incomplete build, or delaying the release of the build artificially. Unless they were Beta testers, I guess, but the danger of the incomplete build leaking would still be pretty undesirable.
Shirts!?
What can the PMBR give yo? Project M....tokens?lolz

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
I think Roy spins twice in PM, once for each slash. Didn't notice that Marth spins though, somehow. I'll look again to see if she spins twice.

I think the only Marth aerials that had no-L cancel-ish lag were bair and dair.
How dare you... call our Marth... a She!!!!?!?!?!?!?! You should be Executed, Asap!!!!

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Not like a girl ever got mistaken for Marth or anything.

ETA: Really bro? Didn't realize? Project M?

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
thankfully only like two of them matter and they consistently lose to far more exciting characters to watch

well, more exciting characters and chu dat's kirby, anyways

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
My friend had a thought (prolly not a new new idea) that I liked, but I'm in no way knowledgeable as to whether it is possible or good for the game so I'll throw this out there: thoughts on being able to map "L-Canceling" to a different, specifically non-shield button in controller customization (kind of like footstooling)?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
My friend had a thought (prolly not a new new idea) that I liked, but I'm in no way knowledgeable as to whether it is possible or good for the game so I'll throw this out there: thoughts on being able to map "L-Canceling" to a different, specifically non-shield button in controller customization (kind of like footstooling)?
What would the point of that be? It would just be an extra press that likely wouldn't feel as good on the hands as just using your forefinger to hit L.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Does anyone have testimony on Marth, because I swear there is something wrong with his fast fall, it feels too light and feathery.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
he's the same in melee. it's probably why he's just "alright" w/r/t aerial approaches and not just good
I like being able to shield with the same button, thank you.
yeah I don't... fully understand the use-case for that? if you REALLY don't want to shield by accident, I feel like the grab button would work in this scenario. hbox uses the z button to do l-cancels and aerials w/ the same button, y'know

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
he's the same in melee. it's probably why he's just "alright" w/r/t aerial approaches and not just good

yeah I don't... fully understand the use-case for that? if you REALLY don't want to shield by accident, I feel like the grab button would work in this scenario. hbox uses the z button to do l-cancels and aerials w/ the same button, y'know
In cases where you shffl into a grab, being able to quickly hit and hold shield and then A to quickly grab can be useful. It works for me when I chain DK's Nair into Cargo hold anyways.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Grill, I'll be ur Dota 2 homie, I'm Auto Cancel on Steam.
You love auto cancels that much?
You can put shield to something like X and it can then L-cancel, I think some people do this already. Tell me if I'm not getting the question

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Before taking a shower, I checked my backside and sure enough, I bruised my bum doing the Falcon High Kick.

I'm literally butthurt right now.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I was tryin to talk in the CT stream now that isai's on and I now realized I'm banned in chat

then I remembered that it happened like a year ago, I asked why and never got an answer. w/e I'm watching pikachu dittos in SSB64 regardless

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I am pretty sure the only reason I like hyrule castle in SSB64 is because of isai

he's baiting a falcon player by using the tornado as a scare zone, and just pressuring him near the wall while it happens so he either has to risk the tornado or his pokes

afaik he also knows EXACTLY when they dissipate because he's intentionally jumped through them as soon as they stop having hitboxes several times

this is so neat to watch

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Isai is amazing, but the lack of DI in Smash 64 really kills it for me, and honestly makes it just a little less impressive.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
there's SDI tho. that's how isai got away with jigglypuff last APEX, he'd SDI out of combos and punish with rest

plus it creates some hilarious situations because beyond some understanding of do these links when possible -> end with these finishers, it's still kind of DIY because not every combo works every time

plusplus falcon punch has a great use and is thus 64 has a better falcon than every other smash game ever

Top Bottom