• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
I kinda of want 64 Falcon Punch in PM but I'd be worried that might be a little too good

It'd be gahlike tho

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
That'd be a cool and obvious thing for PMBR to test, so I imagine they have, and it's not in because it is so gahdleik.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Falcon sucks in PM they should do that
He can do SH Bair/Uair to Aerial Down-b/Side-b/Up-b, got a video comin out hopefully soon; here's a clip http://youtu.be/IsW8TapgnBE

Also it sucks that in Special Mode (for turbo) that the holding Y while quitting to reset the match (which actually resets the game like a new one so it works great for replays) doesn't work. With only one minute each time to quit out and regame to try and get a combo for the PM turbo contest is a feat.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have a strong suspicion that if we released Falcon as a new character in PM people's reactions would be something like:

"His fair combo's into itself several times!!!! Stupid."

"This character has auto-combos that don't require thought, pmbr why"

"Why is he so FAST?!?! He can cover half of FD with one jump!"

"Only thing that is holding him back from being op is his recovery"

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Nobody complains about Roy, and he's objectively way better than CFalcon.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nobody complains about Roy, and he's objectively way better than CFalcon.
I strongly disagree with this. I certainly think Falcon is a better character than Roy, and I know many others do as well. Get the logical fallacies out of here :p.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The CPU is pulling some sick combos on me in my turbo mode attempts, can I submit those?

.5 DMG ratio SHOULD have been the standard/legal

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I strongly disagree with this. I certainly think Falcon is a better character than Roy, and I know many others do as well. Get the logical fallacies out of here :p.
I'd certainly be interested in hearing what you think makes Falcon better than Roy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd certainly be interested in hearing what you think makes Falcon better than Roy.
Falcon can manage his bad MU's easier than Roy can, and deals with floatier + cc heavy characters better. I'm kind of torn, because Falcon and Roy are both relatively bad to me in this game, but I would definitely put my tourney life on the line with Falcon over Roy. If you are in a bad MU, or have fallen behind in a game, making a comeback is probably easier with Falcon. Character safety is kind of important in this game, and Roy is pretty unsafe.

People cheer on Sethlon and get mind-blown whenever he plays. If they actually understood just how bad/hard Roy was, they would multiple those cheers and feelings by a factor of like 40. This man is making money with a pretty bad character, like he deserves a parade or 12 at this point.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Roy isn't that bad, he is low-mid which makes him pretty viable. Playing theis character at Sethlon's level though is damn hard impossible for a non-Sethlon

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
As someone who plays Roy and Falcon, I'd say Roy is at least marginally better.
His recovery is twice as good.
He can space better.
Their ability to combo is roughly the same.
I think he's better than Falcon in Neutral.

Falcon really only has like 7 useful moves.
People give him too much credit in PM, IMO.

Bleck

Smash Master
I think Falcon having the 64-era Falcon Punch would be rad as hell.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
What is nice about Falcon is that his combos/moves KO so he doesn't need to deal that much with the good recoveries... Still I'd give Roy a slight edge

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Their ability to combo is roughly the same.
I'm only going to address this, since most of the other points you mentioned are debatable and you could favor one character over the other depending on how you define those terms. This ^^^^ though is completely false. Like scientifically proven, time tested, stamped by the president, it's official you're very wrong.

Roy gets some of the hardest punishes in the game on Spacies and FF's. He is not very good at punishing some of the floatier characters though. Falcon is beyond notorious for being one of the few characters where the opponent's weight, floatiness, size, and any combination of the three only marginally impacts his ability to GG you. You ever hear a Captain Falcon complain about comboing a character besides maybe Jiggs, who's an extremity for most characters anyways? Probably not. Roy lives that hard grind life if his MU requires pokes and walls over combo starters, and if the other person uses DI away. Falcon can carry his momentum forward (even offstage) and deal with that way easier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If the ceiling is low enough/they are high enough ya. It's no fun when they DI it and live though :(

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
He is not very good at punishing some of the floatier characters though.
I've never had a whole lot of trouble in this case, but that could easily be attributed to not playing good players.

As for everything else, I didn't mention that because I thought it was a given.
Roy may not be able to punish floaties well, but he's on par with or better than Falcon against any other weight/fall speed class.

If you make one mistake with Falcon, you die. Roy can afford 2 or 3 more, most of the time.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Stuff like Cfalcon's Bair/Uair into Aerial Up-b could be great against shield

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i certainly feel safer / more comfortable playing as roy over falcon in pretty much any matchup

falcon just gets punished too hard and is easier to edgeguard. roy also has an easier time setting up kills....idk i have to give this one to roy

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I have a strong suspicion that if we released Falcon as a new character in PM people's reactions would be something like:

"His fair combo's into itself several times!!!! Stupid."

"This character has auto-combos that don't require thought, pmbr why"

"Why is he so FAST?!?! He can cover half of FD with one jump!"

"Only thing that is holding him back from being op is his recovery"
Yeah that would be a terrible argument though, because Mew2 has safe approaches, better combos, and a great recovery.
:mewtwopm::smash:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm only going to address this, since most of the other points you mentioned are debatable and you could favor one character over the other depending on how you define those terms. This ^^^^ though is completely false. Like scientifically proven, time tested, stamped by the president, it's official you're very wrong.

Roy gets some of the hardest punishes in the game on Spacies and FF's. He is not very good at punishing some of the floatier characters though. Falcon is beyond notorious for being one of the few characters where the opponent's weight, floatiness, size, and any combination of the three only marginally impacts his ability to GG you. You ever hear a Captain Falcon complain about comboing a character besides maybe Jiggs, who's an extremity for most characters anyways? Probably not. Roy lives that hard grind life if his MU requires pokes and walls over combo starters, and if the other person uses DI away. Falcon can carry his momentum forward (even offstage) and deal with that way easier.
Roy has upair juggles, with a sourspot ideal for comboing floaties in such a manner that they have to use their DJ immediately to escape, putting them only higher above Roy and this time without their DJ
Even as ROB I have a hard time getting out of that, and I lose my jump it ends in a back air or flare blade no questions asked
And Roy has a crazy number of things capable of starting it

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Nah, people who live 5mins from and don't play smash with, no homie status. NO JOHNS ON SMASH
Bro, I'm not allowed to leave my house, that would ruin my basement dwelling nerd cred.

Did I mention that my mother and stepfather are complete hardasses that don't let me do anything that has a marginal amount of unsafety?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I played Dota like once on battle.net and decided I liked Hero Wars Icelands better. Why couldn't that get made into it's own game??? HW>>>>>>>>DOTA

ETA: Yooooo Khlx wtf didddd you doooo. Those subs doe. So romantiku.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Yoooo ma boiii :)
What's doe
I heard u be on dat dotaaaaaa
What's dat steam name
Bro, I'm not allowed to leave my house, that would ruin my basement dwelling nerd cred.

Did I mention that my mother and stepfather are complete hardasses that don't let me do anything that has a marginal amount of unsafety?
They no trust the random Internet homies?

Last edited:

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
What's doe
I heard u be on dat dotaaaaaa
What's dat steam name
I know my Steam name is ABBBBBK ( , But I don't remember the number of Bs I put.. LOL.

you can send me your in private if you want. I'm pretty decent at Dota, but I don't have friend to play with.. :(

#100thMessageSwag

Last edited:
Top Bottom