• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
;_; trying to watch the stream right now, the player keeps making me reload every one minute D; i hate you people with perfect shiny internets

SpiderMad

Smash Master
There better be an immediate non-edited recording of the entire Smash invitational, ima be somewhere during 4pm

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Real talk tho
>sees first look
>expects star fox
>sees random goop game
>wtf is this bull****
>actually sees gameplay footage & discussion
>...this game actually looks really cool

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Nintendo is so cheeky. Having Star Fox playing on the Wii U in the background as Miyamoto talks...
Nintendo pls.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
WAIFU GODDESS MADE IT IN
The BEST WAIFU. Also can't believe Nintendo did that reveal trailer anime like and gave Palutena a butt shot. Also the Mii's being playable WTF all these leaks are coming more and more true.

Pretty much this just happened.

And in other news the GameCube Adapter is going for $20 and the Smash branded GC controller is going for $30.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06...-controller-and-smash-bundle-pricing-revealed

EDIT:

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Real talk tho
>sees first look
>expects star fox
>sees random goop game
>wtf is this bull****
>actually sees gameplay footage & discussion
>...this game actually looks really cool
pretty much what i was thinking. that goop game actually looks pretty legit

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
About the intro... Was it just me, or did it look like Robot Chicken made the models?

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving this new Nintendo marketing. Thank you Nintendo for bringing some fun back to E3. I liked the games of the other conferences but they were way too formal.

Also, a new console Star Fox? I've grown a beard since the last one but I'm excited all the same. :D

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
yeah, those people were pretty great in their awkward interactions
Girl: I'll be looking forward to Mario Party 10 so I can be more of a jerk to people.
Guy: And I'll look forward to being at the recieving end of your jerkiness. haha

Me: WAIT WHAT?

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, I'm kinda mad. I still haven't purchased a next-gen console yet and I was hoping someone would flub E3 this year and make my decision easy. In all seriousness, every company had a good show this year and I haven't been this excited about video games in a while.

That being said, Nintendo definitely had the best show. The little Robot Chicken-esque sketches never failed to crack me up and the subtle reveal for Star Fox U was better than any trailer could have been. However, while all the first-party games looked spectacular as usual, I'm still hesitant to buy a Wii U since it seems like it's still being mostly skipped over in terms of third-party support and there's no way I'll be able to afford more than one console on a college budget.

My life is so hard XD

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
RECAP:

PALUTENA CONFIRMED

Wii Fighter confirmed
3 classes: Brawler, Swordfighter, Blaster (basically Mario, Marth, Samus clones)
100% customizable appearance like in Mii Maker

amiibo: Figures like Skylanders but they are usable across multiple upcoming games, not just smash. Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Wooly World, the Toad game
They gain levels like Pokemon (one figure shown was lv 50) and can have stat increases in attack, defense, speed
They grow stronger as you use them, even moreso if you pit them against other amiibo

Pokemon ORAS footage was shown, but other than nicely stylized gyms/towns (Fortree ftw) and more cinematics there wasn't much.
Overall Pokemon animations look almost exactly imported from XY

Other games coming soon:
-New Link game that has open world like Skyrim, Link now has a mechanical arrow on his bow
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-One Piece Ultimate <something> Red
-Yugioh game
-Some Toad game
-Some family based Ink splashing game that looks really fun. Paintball reimagined, a focus on inking as much territory as possible, you can turn into a squid and speed through your own ink but enemy ink slows you down
-A few new 3DS space shooters, RPGs, and sidescroller games

Guys please tell me what I'm missing. I had an entire writeup down but my computer crashed and I lost it all. ;_;

Edit: found a good amiibo pic somewhere else :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom