• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Lab time indeed. Maybe I can finally trick someone into getting hit by Ike's FSmash now.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, yeah okay

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Dash one way, flick the stick back and let go on the pivot frame at the distance you want(1 frame window), then you just had the option to cover any distance between starting point to max foxtrot distance with any option you could do out of a pivot (everything).

Its like a regular pivot but instead of inputing the attack on the pivot frame you reset the stick and just go to neutral standing position.

Edit: Its also called and empty pivot depending on what source you heard it from first. the most common Marth pivot video calls it flicker-pivots so thats kinda what just happens. Empty pivot is more accurate but flicker describes the motion better.
Is this the same thing I've been doing with Squirtle to get the SWD like slide by pivoting?

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ Burnsy Burnsy , no, what you're doing is canceling squirtle run turnaround, which gives him a boost of momentum. Dash pivots, like dash dancing, can only occur during the start-up dash animation.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Anybody have any experience with running games through Wine?
Here's the problem.
If I run a game in fullscreen I basically give up the ability to tab to another window.
If I run the game in a window then the resolution just doesn't work in one way or the other. Parts of the game just end up being cropped.
I tried running games in a virtual desktop but this just gave me the same results. I could tab out of the virtual desktop just fine if I was in Steam but once I went in game I lost the ability to tab out of a full screen game again. And in a window inside the virtual desktop I was getting the same cropped gameplay.

then I tried to run things in a small virtual desktop, like a 1024x600 resolution window as opposed to my native resolution and if I played something in fullscreen it just went actual full screen, not just filling up the virtual desktop
is there a way I could do that in particular?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I think you need to take it one set further and create a virtual desktop IN the virtual desktop.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah that new TMNT trailer. IDK what to say about it.

Also one of my friends made this.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How do I know if I should go with or without background music for a 5 minute speech accompanying an explanation video?

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey at least it's not going all super dark and moody. It looks like it kept some of the humor.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Hey at least it's not going all super dark and moody. It looks like it kept some of the humor.
I CAN'T WATCH A WHOLE MOVIE WITH THEM JOKING AROUND OKAY
Like really its like a serial killer telling jokes, you just nervously laugh along to ease the nervous fear and river of **** going down your pants.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Awh yeah my smashboards swag came in :p

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yeah send me one of those, or answer my previous question, or answer: I heard Puff's bair (and possibly other aerials?) alter her ability to drift making it faster or something, is that true and does it apply to other characters as well? Does it apply to Brawl/PM?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah leave that in the comics. There was a comic which had the turtles dark and moody and it was actually kind of tight.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Aww sh*t, you swaggin' now Hylian.

Of course, not that you weren't before.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
"From Producer Michael Bay"

And he brought that broad Megan Fox with him. F*ck that.
I'm surprised she got into another Michael Bay film after she went off on him during the filming of one of the Transformer films which led her to be cut from one of the future movies IDK which one cause I really don't care about the films sadly.

Also the TMNT are on some steroids or something when they eat their pizza like holy crap like mini buff Robin's from Teen Titans go.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had a couple issues of the original comic when I was a kid but I think they're all gone now :(

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Awh yeah my smashboards swag came in :p

The Wii U Pro Controller I got courtesy of Smashboards is great and all...
but god damn I want a Smashboards bottle opener
or at least a Smashboards sticker that I can put on my Pro Controller so my gift from Smashboards can be Smashboards swag
there's always the next Premium raffle doe

I want to say Smashboards moar

Last edited:
Top Bottom