• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
For everyone who didn't take Spacies to skyworld when they didn't ban it, you chose your fate

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think it's fine for Fox too depending on the matchup.
The layout can skew the neutral game, particularly the slope, but it also gives Fox just sooooooooo much room to run around and camp.
A lot of characters just have no way to keep up with Fox on a stage as large as Skyworld; Pit's arrows give him such a tool though.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I'm sad to admit it, but the Pm matches could not hold a candle to the melee matches. When I started watching Apex I was planning on only watching pm matches, but after a while I got pretty bored, then I switched to melee for a little while, and ended up watching melee the whole time. The Salty matches had hype beyond anything you would expect, just pure insanity. Everyone was hype, you could just tell. When I was watching the pm matches I was disappointed, there were some really good pm matches that had me hyped, but there were few that could touch melee. I'm not a melee purist or anything, my sig is just me trolling lol, but a lot of the small details makes melee so much more fun to watch than pm, of course I still think pm is a better game though,

I dunno just some of my opinions as a viewer
Gotta come back to say that this last statement is no longer true

The pm matches were beyond hype, amazing stuff, I'm really impressed with this game. It was able to produce fast paced and fun to watch matches. Armada showin us noobs how to really play pm, I'm happy that he's the world champion now.

Pm rules nuff nuff

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I think it's fine for Fox too depending on the matchup.
The layout can skew the neutral game, particularly the slope, but it also gives Fox just sooooooooo much room to run around and camp.
A lot of characters just have no way to keep up with Fox on a stage as large as Skyworld; Pit's arrows give him such a tool though.
Skyworld

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
yeah my brain inserted Skyloft into that
Skyworld still is fine for Fox imo for similar reasons
it's so damn big that it plays to his mobility

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Today solidified how fun I find Project M to watch, that's for sure. I've never been so hype about a Melee match as some of those last few sets in this. There is definitely a lot of polish left to be developed, but being here for the metagame's baby steps is such an exciting prospect that acts as trade off. We're finally seeing new characters crop up all over the place, which is a goal reached in my book. The first major tournament to use a golden release of PM will be super hype.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
They last a long time and the feeling of a crisp, new White GC is great. I still have the box to mine.

Greatly recommend it!

And I play Lucas, so you know I be pushin' a lot of buttons.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
My friend mains Sonic so I'e seen it in action, he got himself a White GC controller after his old ones were starting to fail them.

PM literally is too hype for controllers unless they're NEW

zman804

Smash Ace
So, the Fire Marshall kicked everyone out of the Venue. BUT people can go back in. If you know anyone at Apex or are at Apex tell them to come back and bring a PM Wii.

Also I've been recording games these past two days and I have EIGHTY PLUS vids. Hype

Paradoxium

Smash Master
So, the Fire Marshall kicked everyone out of the Venue. BUT people can go back in. If you know anyone at Apex or are at Apex tell them to come back and bring a PM Wii.

Also I've been recording games these past two days and I have EIGHTY PLUS vids. Hype
Lol why did they get kicked out?
Too much hype?
Lack of wrist straps?
Melee?

zman804

Smash Ace
Lol why did they get kicked out?
Too much hype?
Lack of wrist straps?
Melee?
We were blocking the doorways.

I tried uploading a 15 minute set (CT Salem vs Frozen Losers Finals) and it said it would have taken over 400 minutes. I'll upload em when I get home haha. I have stuff from Top 64 today, Pool 3(Neon and DEHF/Larry), Pool 11 (M2K, Lee Martin and Redd), Pool 21 (Eli, Salem and Frozen) and Pool 25 (Jceaser taking Oro's place and this CRAZY Fox/Toon Link player names Smith). Top matches were hype, I got the tail end of StrongBad vs Leffen, Meta/Rat Wolf dittos, Denti vs Meta and some others. Also a bunch of MM feat Eli, Denti, Zhime, Oracle, Neon, GuruKid. What an amazing event. I love this scene.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
The fire marshalls suck lol also I love how the whole PMBR crew just rolled out after Grand Finals. Project Hype Back Room.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'M SALTY AS **** ABOUT POKEMON Y RIGHT NOW

I CAUGHT A RIOLU REALLY EARLY AND THE GAME JUST **** SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
How?Your DS turned off?
Also wow...people blocking the door so fire marshals came?

There was so much hype too many people came and they were blocking doors.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'M SALTY AS **** ABOUT POKEMON Y RIGHT NOW

I CAUGHT A RIOLU REALLY EARLY AND THE GAME JUST **** SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE
Lol I hated that too. X and Y just GIVE you too many powerful Pokémon.

Oh and I never got back to you. I turned off the text editor and I can type much faster on mobile, thanks ^_^

Top Bottom