• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Question to the PMBR, do you plan to do anything further with the scrolling news header on the launcher then "NEW UPDATE GUYZ!"? I feel like this has a lot of potential.

Yes I know it just came out and yes I know there hasn't been anything truly news worthy to come out yet, I'm just asking.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
y'all missed eli basically making the chat explode w/ his combos and gimps

good DKs are so fun to watch

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The chat is a damn eyesore, people spewing random **** all over the place.

But yeah, Eli's DK is soo entertaining and good.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know what the exhibition matches were at the beginning of the day? I want to find them eventually and watch them. I only know of aMSa vs Kage.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I am very disappoint that the crew battle couldn't happen tonight.

I shall now mourn the loss of all of the hype.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I lost to Cruz Control's lucario and Kman's falcon. 2 and out :/

Monk had an easier pool and fought Wes but ultimately lost :(

I got bopped so damn hard in both Melee and PM lol. As a ZSS player I've learned to hate projectiles as of today.
You need to meet me before the end of apex so we can get some friendlies in. I'm around the pm setups like all day and have long hair and glasses

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I'm sad to admit it, but the Pm matches could not hold a candle to the melee matches. When I started watching Apex I was planning on only watching pm matches, but after a while I got pretty bored, then I switched to melee for a little while, and ended up watching melee the whole time. The Salty matches had hype beyond anything you would expect, just pure insanity. Everyone was hype, you could just tell. When I was watching the pm matches I was disappointed, there were some really good pm matches that had me hyped, but there were few that could touch melee. I'm not a melee purist or anything, my sig is just me trolling lol, but a lot of the small details makes melee so much more fun to watch than pm, of course I still think pm is a better game though,

I dunno just some of my opinions as a viewer

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
I'm sad to admit it, but the Pm matches could not hold a candle to the melee matches. When I started watching Apex I was planning on only watching pm matches, but after a while I got pretty bored, then I switched to melee for a little while, and ended up watching melee the whole time. The Salty matches had hype beyond anything you would expect, just pure insanity. Everyone was hype, you could just tell. When I was watching the pm matches I was disappointed, there were some really good pm matches that had me hyped, but there were few that could touch melee. I'm not a melee purist or anything, my sig is just me trolling lol, but a lot of the small details makes melee so much more fun to watch than pm, of course I still think pm is a better game though,

Most of the PM matches today were mediocre players playing match-ups they didn't know. But even the average melee player is amazing at the game and knows the ~10 match-ups by heart. Tomorrow will have the good PM players playing each other and should be much more entertaining. Melee is more entertaining to watch most of the time because the skill base of the players is so much higher. Give PM players a decade to learn the game and all the pool matches will be hype at Apex 2024.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard Jolt didn't make it out of pools :(

(didn't hear anything about which game -- did he also enter Melee?)

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I lost to Cruz Control's lucario and Kman's falcon. 2 and out :/

Monk had an easier pool and fought Wes but ultimately lost :(

You need to meet me before the end of apex so we can get some friendlies in. I'm around the pm setups like all day and have long hair and glasses
Yeah I'll definitely play you toast, I actually saw you while I was in my pool with Scythe so I know what you look like already.

Also Professor, info on pools isn't out quite yet, but from what I saw during one of Jolteons friendlies against some guy, he was styling on kids.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Hey guys, new to the forum here, but Apex got me hyped as **** and I had to finally get an account going haha. I'm mostly a PM player so I'll be around these boards quite a bit. Just gotta get that intro post out of the way.

Kati

Smash Lord

Fly's pm commentary didn't help. So negative. Everything the players did was "questionable."

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I would have beaten Wes if I had made smarter choices, but I'm okay with the end result of my pool. After my set with Wes he had me teach him how to do Z-Air approaches, lol. I also got to do a few Samus dittos with him which was really fun.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

i agree entirely

to me its like, watching PM is boring as ****, but playing it is where its at.

At least thats how i felt during today's stream, maybe itll pick up tomorrow

also

#justsamusthings
http://smashbrosuniverse.tumblr.com/post/73696878713/inspired-by-this-post

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I hate the new google maps, takes 2 minutes to load on my mediocre computer.
Fly's pm commentary didn't help. So negative. Everything the players did was "questionable."
Lmao that's so Fly, pun not intended.

Hey guys, new to the forum here, but Apex got me hyped as **** and I had to finally get an account going haha. I'm mostly a PM player so I'll be around these boards quite a bit. Just gotta get that intro post out of the way.
Do you ever visit IL?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Bracket for PM:

http://i.imgur.com/HKseE8n.gif

Ohhh man that is a ****ing hard bracket.

I have sethlon pegged for top 5 looking at it though depending on how his match with fly goes.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My guess winners:

Armada
Zhime
Oracle - He's going ROB right?
KoreanDJ -He's going Sheik right? Or was it Pit or something? The other guy is Ally right, going Ike? Ally took out Reno, who was Sheik? Close call.
M2K - Dakpo is going GnW right? Close call.
Eli
IE - Link vs Samus right
Rolex - I think he beat Leffen before. Close call.
JCaesar
Sethlon - I think it's possible Disqo could beat Sethlon. Close call.
Gurukid - Luigi is an okay MU, I think they probably played before by now but I have no clue. Close call.
Fly
Denti
Rat - Meta could win. Close call.
Chu Dat - I was a little disappointed with Taj's PM Mewtwo last I saw video, for someone I thought was playtesting a few times he's not using as much of the new stuff as I would have thought. I'm also guessing the MU is in Kirby's favor.
Hbox

What's the PM placement payout? Is the whole thing done on Saturday?

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Leelue what happened? D: I didn't even know Nakat played P:M.

Also KDJ? what's he doing there '__'

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Always?
That's a pretty strong word.
Especially when Melee's stream was just tops for day 1.
Nothing against PM itself, but the matches were not at the same level.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I like PM more than Melee but the Melee matches were definitely more hype. I hope today PM gets more hype (Eli and Denti were hype on stream and I bet some of the pools we missed were too but the rest didnt convince me)

SunJester

Smash Ace
Melee has a far more developed metagame, and thus it has a higher level of average player. P:M is still in its infancy, no one really knows what a lot of these new characters and AT's are capable of. Not to mention its bringing out a lot of new players, who haven't had much tournament experience.

Plus you can't compare Salty Suite to P:M pools finals. Salty Suite has top-top level players playing against each other, trust me Melee pools finals weren't nearly that hype.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Always?
That's a pretty strong word.
Especially when Melee's stream was just tops for day 1.
Nothing against PM itself, but the matches were not at the same level.
In my opinion, PM tournaments as a whole are always more interesting, yes. I'll tune in for Kage, but there's not really enough matchup variance in Melee to keep me invested.

Nothing against Melee either, Melee is fantastic. PM is just more exciting for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom