• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I plugged the controller into port one on my Wii but I can't do anything. What button turns the gamecube controller on? Does it need batteries? Where is the battery case?

EDIT: My gamecube controller doesn't work with the wii! YAY! BACK TO THE WIICHUCK FOR ME!

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It just so happens I have a Gamestop controller and if it's the one I think it is, there should be a whitish button in the center that turns it on. Yes it needs batteries and the battery case is located in between the handles underneath the controller. Could you post a pic of it?

Edit: I'm assuming this is wireless, if not let me know

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
It just so happens I have a Gamestop controller and if it's the one I think it is, there should be a whitish button in the center that turns it on. Yes it needs batteries and the battery case is located in between the handles underneath the controller. Could you post a pic of it?

Edit: I'm assuming this is wireless, if not let me know
It's not wireless it just doesn't work with the wii making it a waste of 4 hours of my day and 20 dollors from my wallet.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ok, try resetting the controller (check the packaging for what buttons you should hold down on that) and if that doesn't work... demand a refund! >: (

Seriously though, I don't know when Apex starts as I haven't kept up, but if there's any time between then and now you should go get a wireless. The tiny ones (if your hands can deal with tiny) do work and I have one, if you want a pic of it let me know. Worst case scenario, find a friend and ask if you can borrow their controller for your sets and get their phone number so you can contact them throughout the event.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Ok, try resetting the controller (check the packaging for what buttons you should hold down on that) and if that doesn't work... demand a refund! >: (

Seriously though, I don't know when Apex starts as I haven't kept up, but if there's any time between then and now you should go get a wireless. The tiny ones (if your hands can deal with tiny) do work and I have one, if you want a pic of it let me know. Worst case scenario, find a friend and ask if you can borrow their controller for your sets and get their phone number so you can contact them throughout the event.
It works, apparently I had to press the turbo Z button to turn on a light and then load the game. May I just quote the entire manual here:

Plug it in
Play!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wireless controllers are not recommended for nationals, there will be a lot of wireless interference that might interfere with your play.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The button combination that lets you quit a match doesn't even work.

Note: Never buy a third party controller EVER AGAIN!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm gettin this when I go on here http://i.minus.com/jRAbhaH7B0hzV.png
I'm getting that too. I think someone took an image from their site, so it shows up... but it's not showing up as a blockable active script on my NotScripts, so that either means that it's actually an image like I said or that they've found a way to circumvent detection and we're all in trouble.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
ditto. just so we're clear, the site that says has malware is brawlvault

did s/t happen there, or?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Now that we're on a new page I'm not getting it anymore.
Somebody must have embedded something that's setting Chrome off or whatever.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm gettin this when I go on here http://i.minus.com/jRAbhaH7B0hzV.png

Probably. The odd thing about this is that on the diagnostic browsing page, Google says it's visited the page 25 times in the past 90 days and found zero traces of malware. Maybe this is a recent development? Someone should contact the webmasters of Brawlvault if they know them.

Edit: Please tell me this gaming website hacking thing isn't happening again...

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My signature is evil, I knew it.

Also, all of my replays are desynced apparently after using a .gct I injected the frame advance code into and then took it out but they're still all desynced... I lost like 10 combos. Maybe I should give the replay files to someone and see if they work but not on my Wii (oh and it's 3.0) Wait this is weird, my most recent offline ones work but not these past Wifi ones. Tell me if any of you still have 3.0 Wifi set and are willing to run a replay just to see if it deyncs

Someone plz run this replay in ur "rp" folder on a 3.0 Wifi-set and see if it desyncs (someone will self destruct within a min)
https://www.mediafire.com/?wlasjvvzq9en7hd

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
i need an idea for a new league name
I stopped playing League and my life has been so much better...
still love watching the LCS though

like, I love League itself, and I want to enjoy playing it, but being in game is just exhausting to me, and more often than not toxic in some shape or form
so I just stopped playing, and get my enjoyment from watching the game rather than playing

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I never queue up by myself anymore. I have a higher chance of having fun and not exhausting myself when I play with a buddy, honestly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kitty-Corp-Meow-Mix-Brawl-Vault/175804965785823?hc_location=timeline

Or if Facebook scares you

If you're getting malware warnings when visiting our site, it's because we were victims of an attack that injected malicious code into all of our forum's (including Brawl Vault) Javascript files.

We've removed the offending code, so please clear your browser caches and wait for Google to notice that we're not malicious anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom