• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I have friends who hate great ongoing shows like Game of Thrones and some classic ones like Farscape because the first episode they see is so mediocre that they don't want to continue going. It's kinda sad to me.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Don't take away my likes :(
That does sound pretty sad. :/ I've done that myself for some shows though, so I can't say I'm out of that water :( And sorry about the like, I clicked it and it didn't show Unlike fast enough so I clicked it again. So technically I liked that post twice :p

Anyone here have thoughts on alternate names for the 'Ranks' link in the nav bar that would make it clearer what it is?
"Top Smashers" maybe? I can't think of any shorter way that would be clear. Possibly Leaderboards? Top Rankings?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
All good.

I usually find that unless a show is truly awful, always give it another episode. Pilots are notorious for screwing up stuff that will be cleaned up when the writers see it's not working.

Hell, many shows get way better in a season or two, when the writers find their rhythm.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
guys just because its a grill doesn't mean its likes are worth more than your fellow mans

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Question for fans of the Game of Thrones show: are we supposed to like Daenerys? I mean is she supposed to be a character that people root for? Because I absolutely cannot stand her.

I have never read the books.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I used to use a Classic Controller, I challenge anyone to try and Dash Dance with one of those things. WiiChuck > Classic Controller IMO for that reason.

Also, is anyone making Apex predictions? If so, here's my top 8:
In no particular order
Armada
M2K
Dr. PP
aMSa
Reflex just found out he isn't going
Rolex
Ally
Leffen
HBox

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
How would he do that? He doesn't do it in Melee, and all he does is play his Melee main in PM. Any one of the top Melee players would beat him, at the very least.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
If Hax goes Falcon, he'll have a tougher time than he does in Melee.

If Hax goes Fox, he'll spam multishine and lose to one of the Melee top players.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Question for fans of the Game of Thrones show: are we supposed to like Daenerys? I mean is she supposed to be a character that people root for? Because I absolutely cannot stand her.

I have never read the books.
Telling slave masters to go **** themselves, and freeing people whenever she can is pretty cool.

Bleck

Smash Master
The point of Daenerys' character arc is that she is wavering back and forth between being a liberator and a conqueror - she aspires to be what the Targaryens believed themselves to be, but is coming dangerously close to what the rest of the world saw them as.

There are essentially several candidates for who the modern 'Azor Ahai' actually is, Daenerys included, and the crux of the books lies in what this person's identity means for the world, in a good and bad way.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The point of Daenerys' character arc is that she is wavering back and forth between being a liberator and a conqueror - she aspires to be what the Targaryens believed themselves to be, but is coming dangerously close to what the rest of the world saw them as.

There are essentially several candidates for who the modern 'Azor Ahai' actually is, Daenerys included, and the crux of the books lies in what this person's identity means for the world, in a good and bad way.
..time to watch this show I guess

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
So, since the 3.0 bug patch is 3.01 (instead of 3.0b) and was released in addition to the new Project M Launcher, does anyone else think that we may be getting smaller, incremental, but more frequent updates (3.02, 3.05, etc.)?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So, since the 3.0 bug patch is 3.01 (instead of 3.0b) and was released in addition to the new Project M Launcher, does anyone else think that we may be getting smaller, incremental, but more frequent updates (3.02, 3.05, etc.)?
Your reasoning is sound, unless the PMBR say otherwise, which is great because there are so many little bugs that don't require a huge update and now it can be easy to fix.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace
I really hope they don't do that. Not everyone's Wii is connected tot he internet and the more frequently they update it, the harder it is to keep track of updates. From what I understand, constant updating is what killed Brawl Plus

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Not talking about constant balance updates, (at least I'm not) which kills the metagame like with Brawl Plus, just bug fixing.

Not hard to keep track of because you automatically get the next update when on the internet, and we're getting new versions of the launcher so updates will be a fact of life one way or another.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
how many bugs do you think they'll need to fix, realistically? Like, they'd maybe want to do one more bug fix patch, before the next major update? And that's only if people find stuff that requires fixing.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'm just going by the bug reporting forum, which always seems to have tons of bugs people encounter, though one will find many are mode related now as opposed to strictly gameplay related.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Don't take away my likes :(
See? I wasn't lying about liking things twice D:

I guess my post seem boring then? Welp back to the drawing board in my little corner. But thanks ^___^
Sorry about this being super late, I meant to reply to you earlier but got distracted. XD

Nah, your posts probably aren't boring, they just probably don't provide enough substance (whether it's a short post or long post) to be replied to. However, that doesn't mean no one still reads or enjoys your posts. :p It just takes some time and understanding of how great posts are made. You'll get there, no worries. If you ever want some tips on your posts, just send me a PM :)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
if yall wanna see what the perfect waif is like, read Okusan

that manga has 10+ waifu material women

i wanna marry them all

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Breaking bad was actually pretty good. It just had a lot of tense situations and close calls that kept you on the edge of your seat/watching.

Like, even my grandmother got addicted to a marathon of it they aired before (and including) the finale. I never watched the whole thing, but still..

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
When somebody tells you "hey, go watch breaking bad ! It gets really good... After the fourth season"
This is how i feel when friends tell me to watch one piece again.

"I swear, it gets really good after 300 eisodes and the 5th story arch is over!"

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
lmao xD dude i swear any anime over like 300 episodes is just ridiculous
this is why the only shonen I will ever watch is Soul Eater because I want to watch a show that ends, not a show that just keeps dragging itself across the floor.

Top Bottom