• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
chinese cartoons are dumb lmao you dirty weeaboos

KUSO WIABU

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Darker Than Black is amazing, but as you can see from his sig, he's already watched it.
You can always watch it again though, I've seen S1 of DTB like 6 times already lol
Wow, totally didn't notice Hei hiding in his signature, lol.

chinese cartoons are dumb lmao you dirty weeaboos

KUSO WIABU
You have made me rumpflustered. My johnathans have been ruffled

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
My new years resolution:
Be competent in PM; I feel like I have a relative understanding of the fundamentals, but I always have a very difficult time adjusting to PM in particular because of various issues, like the character's feeling surprisingly heavy, and I just feel like I have a very hard time landing my hits in one try. It makes me feel a bit "newbish" to be honest.

Yung Mei

even miku has a look of disgust at you nerds who like chinese cartoons

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Thanks guys, but I've actually already watched all the series you've mentioned, except for monogatari, I'll probably go check that one out, for now I'm just rewatching steins gate, haven't seen that one in a while :)

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Anyone have any suggestions for a good anime too watch right now?
I just finished all my series and I can't find one that is interesting and that I haven't watched :(
Hunter x Hunter 2011, hands down. You should still watch it even if you've already seen the original. This one is closer to the manga and goes farther (and is still ongoing, btw).

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Hunter x Hunter 2011, hands down. You should still watch it even if you've already seen the original. This one is closer to the manga and goes farther (and is still ongoing, btw).
Speaking of good animes, I've heard Swort Art Online is fantastic. But I need to try Hunter x Hunter; is it on TV or do I need to find it online?

Yung Mei

say that to my face not online bruh, ill make your eyes Darker than Black

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Modern anime doesn't appeal to me at all. I think KLK encompasses a good amount of things I don't like about anime these days.

I've got high hopes for Space Dandy.

And who told you SAO was good? Prepubescent girls? That anime was awful.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Speaking of good animes, I've heard Swort Art Online is fantastic. But I need to try Hunter x Hunter; is it on TV or do I need to find it online?
SAO repeatedly stabbed itself with a knife in the second half. Dear god the ending was terrible and was obviously only put in to make it last slightly longer

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Oops, posted the same thing twice. I`ll just replace this with something I was going to write anyways

Anime nowadays features too many high schools. seriously, what is it about high school that these writers love so much outside of the short skirts.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
japanimation is bad, you are bad

except for rocky horror picture show, which was flawless + technically doesn't count b/c no anime eyes, only creepy usage of early 3D technology

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Modern anime doesn't appeal to me at all. I think KLK encompasses a good amount of things I don't like about anime these days.

I've got high hopes for Space Dandy.

And who told you SAO was good? Prepubescent girls? That anime was awful.
Just opinions from friends. I've seen one episode - and to be fair I wasn't sure what to think.
Sorry.

Yung Mei

oh god did anyone else find it funny that Brim just apologized for talking about someone else's opinion

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
oh god did anyone else find it funny that Brim just apologized for talking about someone else's opinion
Personally, I find it funny about myself.
Also, I apologized because it seemed offensive I heard it was good. Y'never know what people will take offensively these days, which in my opinion it's a little odd, and sad. Irregardless, from what I saw - I honestly really liked the concept they were pushing, but I wasn't sure what to think of "other details".

Yung Mei

all i know is that boku no pico is definitely one of the greatest animations to have ever been created

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Higurashi series is crazy but great. Definitely not for anyone faint of heart, though...
That show scared the **** out of me because I didn`t think it was going to be that kind of genre from the art style and first episode.

EDIT: Don`t tell him, he needs to see it for himself

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Sword Art Online is way overrated, but I will say the first 2 episodes were some of the greatest moments in anime I have ever witnessed. It also has an amazing soundtrack, amazing artwork, and a brilliant concept.
Sword art online is a great show, but its not as good as fan girls make it sound.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Okay, then recommendations where to find it? Crunchy Roll perhaps? Honestly, that's the main site I use.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
all i know is that boku no pico is definitely one of the greatest animations to have ever been created
You're terrible for reminding us all about that.

What is Monogatari by the way? I feel sorta ignorant for asking, but I've literally never heard of it.
The Monogatari series revolves around a third year high school student who's a half human half vampire (all he has are regenerative powers), thanks to what they call "apparitions". The plot is hard to describe unless you really watch it. The only thing is that the show somewhat changes names for every new season.
The order it goes in is Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari, Monogatari Series Second Season, and then there'll be the new season Hanamonogatari later this year along with the film Kizumonogatari. The series is a bit long, but luckily Crunchyroll has all of it except Nekomonogatari.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Death Note? I've seen it plenty of times - personally, I really enjoyed it. I feel like everyone here might hate me for my favorite anime, it's very large, and considered highly overrated by a lot. Point is, there's a lot of hate and love for it.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
* NOTE * I posted that literally after seeing one minute of the show, I never actually caught the beginning, so here's my chance!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Never mind! [I posted this on accident]
If your talking about the anime we were recommending then it`s called Higurashi no naku koro ni. The first episode is a bit weird but just watch until episode two before judging.

d-boy2292

Smash Rookie
Death Note? I've seen it plenty of times - personally, I really enjoyed it. I feel like everyone here might hate me for my favorite anime, it's very large, and considered highly overrated by a lot. Point is, there's a lot of hate and love for it.
i loved death note, it was legit but that was like when it first came out which was years ago, it'll always be a classic. i mean i got some ppl turned on to anime now and death note was the show i used for that and they really liked it

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Might I ask, why? Not that I don't believe you, but I might as well ask.
All I will say is that there is shock and gore. You've been warned
If your talking about the anime we were recommending then it`s called Higurashi no naku koro ni. The first episode is a bit weird but just watch until episode two before judging.
The catch is though, you won't get the point of it all until you watch the Kai expansion afterwards (at least I didn't).

Yung Mei

oh god this dudes like RESERVE JUDGEMENT TIL YOU WATCH A GOOD ANNY MEEE, then posts deathnote aka the most max pleb 2deep5u animes ever

even miku is disgusted

the deathnote anime movies were awesome, the anime was eh though. Manga was coo, and lets pretend the live action movies weren't a thing

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
You mean what was posted by Paradoxium, or is it another show entirely?

Top Bottom