• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Phantasmagorical

Smash Cadet
Can one of you explain to me how Wario is "ruined" by the 3.0 changes? I'm no Wario main, but the biggest change I see in his patch notes is the loss of crouch out of his side-B, which was apparently insanely safe on block (+12 or something according to Reflex) and that seems like a reasonable change to me, since it's another (very strong) mix-up to an already noncommital move. Is his playstyle really so reliant on this one ability? Does its removal really make him worse than 2.0/2.1 Wario who was probably one of the worst characters in that version? Or are the "slight" changes playing more of a role than I think they are?

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
For me it isn't as much about the crouch out of side-b as it is just getting used to the feeling of more end-lag during multiple moves. His dtilt, fair, Uair, and dsmash all have a bit more lag that just doesn't feel as nice as it used to. The fart charge is alright, but definitely not worth it for the other nerfs.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be Project Double D / Project DD?
That is also an option.

Also:

I'm looking for some custom music for the WarioWare stage, but I'm not sure what to choose. Ideally, I'd like something really absurd that fits the weirdness of WarioWare, and something that's from a video-game. Mirror B's theme from Pokémon Colosseum is the kind of thing I'm looking for (I just need a few more). Any suggestions would be appreciated!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Project B, making Melee more like it`s superior sequel.
I want a superior sequel to this Melee. http://www.ign.com/wikis/godzilla-destroy-all-monsters-melee/Monsters
It has the potential for competitive depth, so much so that I can't even tell if it has none at all or it's just so laden with depth I can't see it
This was actually a thing for some reason.http://smashboards.com/threads/project-b.342100/

It got bad pretty quickly.
Crush is hilarious

MattNF

Smash Lord
I thought of this random idea for Mewtwo. What if we gave him a new downsmash, then make it so you can angle his fsmash in the 3 directions (so it does the job his old downsmash did)?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The Wario changes basically means that fewer people should remain at the same "level" with the character. He's basically nearly as effective, but less cheesy/easy. You could argue that he lost a fewww combos or resets due to having a few more frames of cooldown after attacking, but he's basically the same. Less spamming stuff in people's faces and being 95% safe, it's closer to 85% safe.

The fart stuff is also sort of a buff and scares me.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
i searched for android smash apps, big market lacking there. ima figure out how to make a super super smash app. itll have all the tier list and mu charts avliable easily, and ill develop a huge project m/melee quiz of random useful to your game information. Also frame data threads from mele and eventually pm easily available. it'll only cost two leelue pesos

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So, I just discovered, thanks to my brother who's up from Texas for Christmas, that my printer has a SD card port. All this time. . . So I got P:M and holy dooley am I thankful that I flash white when I L-cancel correctly! I can actually wavedash now too, never could in Melee get the timing down. After all this time, I'm having too much fun vs these CPUs!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm looking for some custom music for the WarioWare stage, but I'm not sure what to choose. Ideally, I'd like something really absurd that fits the weirdness of WarioWare, and something that's from a video-game. Mirror B's theme from Pokémon Colosseum is the kind of thing I'm looking for (I just need a few more). Any suggestions would be appreciated!
From my music post in the Custom Content forum:

WarioWare
WarioWare Inc. - Crygor's Bathroom Jam
Wario Land 2 - Defeat Bobo
Wario Land 2 - Return the Hen to Her Nest
Wario Land 2 - Go Down to the Cellar
Wario Land 2 - Final Boss
Wario Land 2 - Ruins at the Bottom of the Sea
Wario Land 2 - Defeat Four Ducks
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - Wario's Castle

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i had a dream that i had a daisy in my aardvark, when i woke up, it was still there

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Um random frustration moment at the AI...Mario in specific: Why on earth does mario have some type of counter to every attack that is thrown at him...even from a far....? I've been getting really frustrated at the fact he SPAMS his fireballs at 100 mph when he isnt near me and then magically faster than all my attempts to kill him. I really would enjoy 4 stocking mario as a CPU like i did the rest of the cast, but this ***** is just messed up. Random frustrated rant over
-Veishi

Kati

Smash Lord
I haven't played as much against cpu's, so I can only recommend not trying to obtain enjoyment from 4-stocking them. He's called Super Mario for a reason, at least in PM.

D

Deleted member

Um random frustration moment at the AI...Mario in specific: Why on earth does mario have some type of counter to every attack that is thrown at him...even from a far....? I've been getting really frustrated at the fact he SPAMS his fireballs at 100 mph when he isnt near me and then magically faster than all my attempts to kill him. I really would enjoy 4 stocking mario as a CPU like i did the rest of the cast, but this ***** is just messed up. Random frustrated rant over
-Veishi

The CPU has what i call "gotta have it" mode where they pull out ALL the bull****- until they kill you once. then you can go back to mashing your controller and destroying them for free. it's really ****ing annoying.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

rich houses are confusing. why is there a tv in the bathroom. what use is an ethernet port when you're poopin

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I played Project M for the first time in like 2 years (played original demo and sold my copy of brawl cuz I didn't like it) and all I gotta say is wow. Had so much fun and can't wait to buy another copy of brawl :)

3.0 is amazing 10/10

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I just won a P:M tourney last night with :warioc:. I also won a newcomers-only side event with :kirby2:.

Both tourneys were small compared to what they could've been, but still, even after Wario's 3.0 nerfs, he can still be pretty stupid. Or at least in the right hands he can.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I have a question that I don't think warrants it's own thread. Is it possible to edit the properties of ice so it's still slippery, but less so?

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
it's as much as a ripoff as it looks

le happy merchants are up to no good again

Top Bottom