• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm 95% positive you probably need to further explore and experiment with mobility. Being as comfortable as possible with how your character moves is integral to just about anything. You don't have to read people as hard, if you play less commital and don't have to think as much about what the other guy is gonna do. When you think about all the WD opportunities, being able to shield out of dash dance, etc it opens the game up and allieves some of the "pressure" you feel to approach correctly all the time.
Yep, half of this game is just knowing everything like the back of your hand. One of my friends got back in the game after playing a bit in the MLG era, and he's enjoying it and the people and stuff but if he really wanted to get better he'd have to hit tons of hours in the lab incorporating a plethora of stuff he hasn't mastered. You always wonder though if you're killing fundamentals with someone doing that though, like Mango would say play a floaty first THEN switch to spacies (his situation to greatness): I think after playing for fun and casually for a few months or more should be enough to just practice tech skill for the next year or so of your life.
I just finished powering through my first week of finals leik a baus, always finishing at least an hour before the end of the test.
I always take long on tests and try to use all the time given to re-check work.

Ginge

Smash Ace
It depended on the class I was in how long I took on the test. Math classes I was usually the first one done even after I tripled checked my work. I showed up 30 minutes late to my Probability final because I overslept and still left first. Computer Science classes depended on the level of the course. The 100-level classes I was usually one of the first ones done. My hands got worse over the years of college, though, so by the time I was doing the 300-400 level classes, it hurt to write for longer than an hour or type for longer than two.

But put me in a History or English class and I'd probably take the full time ^^;; NOT my strong suit.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What was the point of Kirby in that trailer? What was the point of the karts?
To make it look like Kirby Air Ride (that was the intro song in the beginning) and to make a reference to "flying through space with stars", which is basically what Super Mario Galaxy is as well. The Mario Kart was to transition the focus from Kirby to Mario via racing, and also to reference the upcoming Mario Kart game on Wii U.

It's not hard to understand...

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Now I'm reminded that I've always wanted a sequel to Kirby Air Ride that's actually a good game. City Trial has so much potential.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Better question is why not any? Yoshi got 10 colors in 3.0 and Kirby didn't get any past his original 6.

Edit:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Why not both?
Yeah, I meant both.

The implications in this post are disturbing and unsettling.
I love Kirby Air Ride. I've spent many hours on City Trial. Mechanically, it doesn't hold up, though. The controls are binded to so few buttons that they aren't efficient, and I feel that City Trial deserves more options like Smash has. I never found the racing that good either.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I love Kirby Air Ride. I've spent many hours on City Trial. Mechanically, it doesn't hold up, though. The controls are binded to so few buttons that they aren't efficient, and I feel that City Trial deserves more options like Smash has. I never found the racing that good either.

My friends would have a blast on City Trials. It was hella fun.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I meant both.

I love how you can play that entire game with one hand on the controller.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Kirby has some hats that require separate files for each of his colors, we would need to look into getting both creating newly colored hats and getting alternative versions of these files to load to give Kirby more colors.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This thread is getting weird. Like past Pokegirl weird. I'm going to return when we get back on topic with all the Roy talk. Count me out boss

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Now I'm reminded that I've always wanted a sequel to Kirby Air Ride that's actually a good game. City Trial has so much potential.
City Trial **** yeah
I wish they had had a few more cities/land scapes to battle around in
maybe slightly bigger ones, online with up to 8 players on one big map or offline with 4 (or 5 with pad?) players and some bots

SpiderMad

Smash Master
They need to make a Burnout 3 Kirby Air ride edition and it'd be the best

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Take the second derivative of your exam and explore it's concavities ;).
I'm not there yet, haha. It was pre-algebra. I was like 3 points off from being able to take the next math course. :/

Finished with all of my exams and just need to sit through presentations on friday. I'm expecting a 95+ in math and 75 or so in poli sci

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Differential equations is my last math left, I took it and dropped it last semester, it's a VERY difficult class in my university. With luck, I finish my bachelor degree on May, damn civil engineering is 179 creds over here >.<

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm eventually going to have to take CSE classes for my major... Am I gonna have to learn2calculus?
I hate math :c

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I managed to pull out a C in my last Calculus course... that I was taking again for the second time. :x

Math is the core academic reason I'm not going for a Bachelor's... it's just too much for me. Diff Equations for Computer Science? Really? -_-

Now English, however... I did well enough to qualify for their fancy Greek letter club equivalent. They sent me an email about it, but... I'm too busy gaming to keep up with clubs >.>

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
-Drive
-Stop

How many more buttons do you need to be able to do 2 things?
Stop
charge
hard turn
copy ability attack (some of which use charge, meaning you would waste a charge by choosing to turn)
all with one button.

a glide button would have been nice too. starting by holding down is a bit iffy.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Just realized the storm that hit the NE US was called :falcomelee: .

Still waiting for Hurricane (kick) :lucario:.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

#turntup

anyone know any good original tracks like this? im hella considering putting this on PS2, ****s gonna be hype

Top Bottom