• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

That's not true. Ice Climbers can still desync and perform the grab chains that would result in a wobble, but it is now possible to mash out of it. The new mashing out of consecutive grabs mechanic is something they programmed themselves, so yes, PMBR intentionally 'took out' wobbling.
Wobbling was never in the game in the first place. It wasn't removed.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Well, I brought smash bros to my college, for there was a video gaming event. Uhm, lets say, nobody had a single idea of what it is. All girls came and went crazy over pikachu and other pokemon... Only thing that matters is that everyone had fun and almost destroyed my controllers mashing every single button... Cant believe I had a crowd larger than tekken .-.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Wait, Smash Bros. as a whole, or just Project M? If it was the entirety of Smash, you are obligated to either leave with disgust, or mass educate people.
Well to be fair, Nintendo does not or has not ever really pushed advertisement of Smash in general. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people that had no idea what it was.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whenever people call those individual pictures "memes" I die a little on the inside.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
The best Olimar buff would be if every time you blow his whistle, it summoners a helicopter to help you. It could give you care packages and send friendly notes of encouragement, and a guy with a megaphone would shout helpful things like "you're doing great" if you're ahead or "it's okay, as long as you try your best!" if you're behind.

I think this kind of morale-boosting effort is really important to Olimar and his pikmin.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I still like that idea somebody else had about olimar not being forced to switch pikmin
unless maybe he throws them or something
it'd make him like a really subtle stance character
P:MBR could just diversify his moveset based more on pikmin active and less on individual moves
bair gets same stats as fair, dsmash same as fsmash (but less range either side), etc, but then these each change more drastically than they do now depending on pikmin active
if possible, make down-B cycle more predictably through pikmin (i still don't understand how it reorders them...) and his antenna glows with the color of the currently active pikmin, if possible

and THEN we can replace his up-b with hopping-off-and-killing his pikmin... right guys

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I started with brawl to see if anyone would recognize it, nice thing nobody knew brawl, so i switched to pm; people liked mewtwo and the alt costumes :3

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Well to be fair, Nintendo does not or has not ever really pushed advertisement of Smash in general. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people that had no idea what it was.
>There are people right now that have never played a smash brothers game but have played every iteration of call of duty.

God ****ing damnit.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I have played every CoD since 4
I actually started with MW2 and migrated backwards to experience the previous two... which I now prefer over any of the more recent ones
Funny thing is, the only way I really enjoy playing for long periods is knife-only style
I even had an account dedicated to it, with no bullets shot ever (except in BlOps... for a weird reason)

I found the game most enjoyable bringing a knife to the gun fight, gimping myself intentionally, mastering strategies only useful for that kind of gameplay, going toe-to-toe with players using guns because I had put more time into the mental part of the game than anyone else except maybe professional, MLG players. Mastering stealth, such as abusing blind spots in lines of sight, laying in short patches of grass that do little except break up the character's sillouhette (which is actually very effective since nobody expects you hiding in plain sight), abusing the limited point of view and lack of real peripheral vision offered by the camera (all first person games have this due to limited TV proportions); mix-ups on taking cover: "Do they expect me to come out from the car on the left or the right? Can they see all my exits, can I escape unnoticed and come get them from around back?", etc; using alternating rush routes (for each map) to condition enemy teams: "I've been this way two rounds and scored several kills, of course they are expecting me there again, so that means less people watching other routes, so previously unsafe routes become safe and vice-versa", etc; professional level team work with other "knifers" who had equally invested themselves in the mental aspect of the game- if they see both of us behind cover, we both rush, one of us dies, the other gets the kill and flanks the entire enemy team for even more kills, an advantageous trade-off if both players understand each other properly, etc; understanding the movement portion of the game better than the mechanical, how-well-can-I-aim portion of the game, such as how running from prone just after standing up leads to a snaking, running-while-prone maneuver, knowing exactly how far a knife lunge reaches in each game and when your best bet is to throw a knife/axe instead, being able to bank on how fast a player can turn around while prone and how fast they can aim in close quarters, understanding player movement patterns to a degree that you can continuously run circles around them close up until your knife connects properly; various other aspects of the game, like counting gunshot sounds and memorizing the guns by sound so you know exactly when a person has to reload and when it is safe to rush them for a knife kill, mastering the drastic arc on throwing knifes/axes, knowing when to run away and how to run away (with smokes, while bent over, etc) while attracting either minimal attention or as much attention as possible, etc. Not to mention that glorious feel when you carry your team and/or beat the other team, using only a knife. I honestly feel like I got more out of the games/series than you can any other way.

I have a lot of critiques of the general target audience of the game and how it's designed (**** small maps, and **** you if you think nuketown is a good map, it throws away all tactical fundamentals in favor of a rush down, AAARGH EXPLOSIONS AND HOW MANY KILLS CAN I GET PER SECOND playstyle) but they way I played I felt like I found a jewel in the mud. I would actually buy ghosts and do it all over again if I had the money. I've heard equally bad things about this iteration as I have for every one, and will likely agree with them. But I can still enjoy the game by playing it the wrong way. From what I've seen, killing someone with a knife in Ghosts takes a long time, meaning knifing is less effective. Somehow this makes me excited to play Ghosts knife only. I enjoy the challenge; it makes the successes all that much sweeter

inb4 ONLYUSEmeBLADE fanboy
I never even heard of that guy until after my account existed
I started knifing before I even played CoD online, in two player matches with my younger brother (who was godlike at the game the way it was supposed and could have had legitimate MLG potential until he became fit and stopped playing video games to work on his muscles)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok DrinkingFood, if you were any good with the Knife you would have been on those crazy kill replays where they bounce it off helicopters and do half a mile tosses. Ur a fraud son, a fraud!

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Ok DrinkingFood, if you were any good with the Knife you would have been on those crazy kill replays where they bounce it off helicopters and do half a mile tosses. Ur a fraud son, a fraud!
DMG, you so silly. Every CoD player who's thrown a knife past MW2 knows that they stick into the helos for absolutely no reason aside from becuz CoD4.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so

olimar is basically a glass canon, except the glass is actually paper mache, and the canonball is actually a plant based lifeform that doesnt do ****
discuss

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
so

olimar is basically a glass canon, except the glass is actually paper mache, and the canonball is actually a plant based lifeform that doesnt do ****
discuss

my little 11 year old brother was really excited to use olimar, when he finally got to use him holy **** you should have seen his face, it basically went from :D to :) to :/ and finally :( then he told me "i'm not gonna play for today, olimar is a crappy captain"

in my experience, he's the most boring smash character ever holy **** practically all of his attacks are basically throw pikmin up or down or to the side or just **** it throw it

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I am offended that ppl compare me to glass I AM STEEL LIKE TANK

(learn to spell cannon you bozos)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Olimar is a crappy Captain" I dunno why that's so funny to me lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
goddamn i have to take a leak so badly, im at my friends house and his asshole dog is outside the door and i dont wanna wake him up

Top Bottom