• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The only catch is that it has updated anti-cheating protection and will prevent you from transferring any hacked Pokemon.
What if the hacked Pokemon has legit abilities, stats, moves, EVs, and IVs? Nintendo isn`t very good at hacking protection, I mean they left a gaping back door in Brawl`s opening cutscene.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I mean, I really don't know the details of their hacking protection. XD All I know is that it is updated and probably works better. I doubt any method is 100% foolproof though. Iirc I remember hearing something about it possibly comparing Trainer IDs and Secret IDs. Anyway, it's all really speculation at this point. Once it's out, some diligent person will attempt to transfer different types of hacked Pokemon and be able to figure out how it works.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
The only catch is that it has updated anti-cheating protection and will prevent you from transferring any hacked Pokemon
Well there goes my plans for pokemon world domination...Some of my pokemon have normal stats and levels,but I have like 10 Arceus.Also they were caught by me using a wild pokemon modifier.

Just how protective is this...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Falco is ****in hard for Wario and Ivy, unless PP went Marth WHICH IS AGAIN hard for Wario and Ivy lol

If PP went Ness then it's proof Smash illuminati is real

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
GG mode

Marth is so good while being so bad, it's crazy

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've already gotten this place locked once before. I'm not trying to do it again yet. XD
I'm not trying to do it again yet. XD
do it again yet. XD
:smirk:

What if the hacked Pokemon has legit abilities, stats, moves, EVs, and IVs? Nintendo isn`t very good at hacking protection, I mean they left a gaping back door in Brawl`s opening cutscene.
They seemed to have improved greatly considering no action replay works on the 3ds (to my knowledge) currently. They deal with any game breaking bugs, along with other dirty methods (Instacheck's cousin that allows people to see the opponents moves when they make them.)

Not gonna lie, the 3ds seems like its on a whole new level of hack protection.

But who knows, I mean I could think of quite a few ways people could get their pokemon through but I won't be talking about that here.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
:smirk:

They seemed to have improved greatly considering no action replay works on the 3ds (to my knowledge) currently. They deal with any game breaking bugs, along with other dirty methods (Instacheck's cousin that allows people to see the opponents moves when they make them.)

But who knows, I mean I could think of quite a few ways people could get their pokemon through but I won't be talking about that here.
The action replay for the NES is different from the one for the GBA, and the one for the GBA is different from the one for the DS. I`m pretty sure I saw a Action Replay 3DS one time at a Wal-mart.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Yeah. Regardless of all that though, I highly doubt they'd be able to stop clones. They are literally exact copies of legit Pokemon. Everything else besides RNGed Pokemon (legit, just an abuse of timing) is probably up in the air though...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
The action replay for the NES is different from the one for the GBA, and the one for the GBA is different from the one for the DS. I`m pretty sure I saw a Action Replay 3DS one time at a Wal-mart.
Yeah, but they updated the 3ds so that the 3ds action replay doesn't work on it.

I know, My friend had it and intended to use it.

INTENDED.

Yeah. Regardless of all that though, I highly doubt they'd be able to stop clones. They are literally exact copies of legit Pokemon. Everything else besides RNGed Pokemon (legit, just an abuse of timing) is probably up in the air though...
I said I won't mention those ways here sir.

pls don't mention them.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Random question, what mechanics exactly were changed to get rid of wobbling? Alternatively is it still possible to pseudo-wobble in teams with pikachu? (Teammate grabs enemy, pikachu spams jab until desired percent)

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Alternatively is it still possible to pseudo-wobble in teams with pikachu? (Teammate grabs enemy, pikachu spams jab until desired percent)
I tried that yesterday with my friend against some REALLY annoying freshmen. Sadly, it didn't work.
Seeing these underclassmen has me worried for the future. I've never seen ANYONE so obnoxious online or off.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Wobbling is just abusing grab/hitstun mechanics to prevent your opponent from escaping. You can't be released from a grab while being pummeled and you can't escape a grab while in hitstun. The combination of Nana F-tilting and Popo pummeling at a specific rate covered any window to escape from the grab no matter how much you mashed. So yes there's something to change here unless it was already removed in vBrawl.

@Alfonzo

That sucks, I thought that combo in teams was really cool, and it only really worked in 2v1s anyways.

Kati

Smash Lord
As threads regarding known bugs aren't desired, I just wanted to say that using a single alt. and two other normal characters caused lag on Skyloft.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Alt stuff apparently takes left turns into jank town.

Zef

Smash Ace
yo this is gonna sound dumb but i think if olimar had one of those fancy dash attacks that go off the edge he would be a lil better, been playing him tons

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No

He would be better if they made Pikmin trip people when you tossed them

and then when they tripped, they got Usmashed 4 times as a combo

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
does anyone have that one macro of the Wolf Fursuit - Make like a tree and not do that

????

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Wobbling is something they would've had to code in, there was nothing to get rid of.
That's not true. Ice Climbers can still desync and perform the grab chains that would result in a wobble, but it is now possible to mash out of it. The new mashing out of consecutive grabs mechanic is something they programmed themselves, so yes, PMBR intentionally 'took out' wobbling.

Vashimus

Smash Master
That's not true. Ice Climbers can still desync and perform the grab chains that would result in a wobble, but it is now possible to mash out of it. The new mashing out of consecutive grabs mechanic is something they programmed themselves, so yes, PMBR intentionally 'took out' wobbling.
I was lied to. :(

EDIT: Ha.

Top Bottom