• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Project M isn't really designed with the intention of allowing you to use custom content. It's intended to make the best "Project M" possible. If that comes at the expense of its customizability, then so be it.
*shrugs* Eh, we can still use our own music so I'd say that's more than enough, honestly. ¦D

That's so cool - is there a way to do this so that the computer spawns as Giga Bowser? I'm gonna try later today when I get a chance, haha.
Plug in a controller into whatever slot the CPU is in and hold R until the match starts. Worked like a charm when I tried it out. ¦3

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Also... that day when your 4-day weekend because of two snow days becomes a 5-day weekend because a third snow day.

There's something called salt, I heard it was really good at lowering the freezing point of water and making roads drivable...
I got a 3-day weekend, which was then changed to a 4-day weekend this morning. Gotta love the school district on horrible calls.

Bryonato

Green Hat
thanks to everyone that came out to my stream. A record 79 viewers and 33 people followed in one night! i'll be streaming more 3.0 tomorrow night

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo can we get a Turbo Mode Bowser challenge please also I want turbo mode side tourneys cause that will be amazing.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
the root of the sd card should have three folders of PM stuff. codes, projectm, and apps(iirc)

try going to the IRC for help too

sorry for asking this (and i know this might come off as ungrateful) but you guys have been working on the 1-dead frame thing right? melee shield pushback is incredible, but what about this? Have you guys not been able to make advancements? was it not a priority? (of course getting the entire roster out is #1) i would just like to know if its possible to fix this is all, or if it will be a priority for the next release

again, i really do thank you guys for all of this, for PM really, its the future of competitive smash without a shadow of doubt, so sorry again if these questions come off as ungrateful

cmart

Smash Lord
I'd rather an engine coder explain the issue in more detail, but my understanding is that the problem is buried in the order that Brawl updates character positioning - something so very basic and essential that it's far from an easy thing to change. It's definitely still a priority for us, but we can't say when we would be able to have it fixed.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
I'd rather an engine coder explain the issue in more detail, but my understanding is that the problem is buried in the order that Brawl updates character positioning - something so very basic and essential that it's far from an easy thing to change. It's definitely still a priority for us, but we can't say when we would be able to have it fixed.

again, sorry for the question, this is just such a big deal to me in terms of gameplay, i really do appreciate what you guys are doing

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Well so far 3.0 is awesome... I've been playing Training mode so far just to check out a bunch of characters... And a little bit in the early morning.

So... Bowser's Hold R thing is just for lulz right? d >_>b...

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace

one more question (its not a complaint or anything) it says landing detection for certain moves have been fixed, does this mean things like marths chaingrab on fox is easier to do like in melee? or is it something else?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So the only "major" things in the engine not fixed would be:

The 1 dead frame thing
Tech-rolls not retaining momentum
and Light shields

Or are there other "major" differences still out there?

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
i Think everyone is just playing the game so much that we don't post on the fourms. Man....PMBR you all are completely amazing in everyway possible. i was up till 5am playing 3.0....im currently addicted

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Learn to alternate light hits on the ground or jumps and instant multihit moves in the air. Best way is to try it on a Turbo Slow mode and practice alternating jab/Tilt. Some characters have very naturally flowing setups like Link with jab/FTilt/UTilt/DashAttack.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
go into battle, choose only your character, make it a timed mode and set the time to infinite

this also works if you wanna train with turbo stuff

Burnsy

Smash Lord
How to play turbo:

1. Pick Zelda
2. Use Nayrus (neutral b)
3. Usmash
4. Nayrus
5. Usmash
6. Nayrus
14. Hope your opponent doesn't have godlike SDI.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
thanks to everyone that came out to my stream. A record 79 viewers and 33 people followed in one night! i'll be streaming more 3.0 tomorrow night
So glad the PMBR crashed it and told us those secrets!!! :rotfl:
i'd like to know what else is there too, but melee shield pushback makes the game a lot more offense and not so much defense
The pushback is a lot more Melee-like in 3.0 than it was in any previous iteration of Project M. It's a lot smoother, too.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How to play turbo:

1. Pick Jigglypuff
2. Use dair
3. Rest
4. Rest
5. Rest
6. Rest
14. Laugh

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
How to play turbo:
- Go to special versus
- Turn on turbo
- Pick characters and a stage to play on
14- Laugh because you dont know what in the actual **** youre even doing

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Conspiracy theory: PMBR used up all of the clone engine slots with alt costumes so they didn't have to deal with fanboys whining for new characters and bickering about which series deserves more representation

Vashimus

Smash Master
I just tested with every sword character on a multitude of stages, and the PMBR finally fixed all of the sword trails now. Bothered the hell out of me in past demos.

Top Bottom