• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I just tested out Bowser's harder fortress hog and died and immediately started laughing as I can feel the salt. It's definitely not that bad though you just gotta go slower I guess. Time to SD for an hour practicing Yoshi ledge egg spam thing now

that new bowser advanced tech
tutorial: hold L or R while stage is loading
?????
profit
This is tournament legal right? :b:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I just tested with every sword character on a multitude of stages, and the PMBR finally fixed all of the sword trails now. Bothered the hell out of me in past demos.
Brawl has the oddest visual glitches and I'm glad to see this fixed as well.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Loving 3.0 for sure, my characters feel so much more fluid, loving what's happened so far! Still gotta stay in the lab to practice, but in the mean time...

Navi that was seven years ago, let it go. (Still learning speedrun ****, sloooowly getting the hange of the more difficult tricks/glitches)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is it just me, or does the Ice Climbers super side-B height seem insane, even more so when you do it yourself?

Synched squall goes the same distance(maybe slightly less) than it did in melee.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I got a question about 3.0 how did you guys get the announcer voice for mewtwo and roy? The voice sounds exactly the same as if they were playable in brawl.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So I heard that some of the Bosses' SFX were replaced for some of MewTwo's and Roy's?
Is this the case? Out of curiosity, why is this? Did the replacement soundback engine not make it in? Or does it just not work for clone characters? This is a temporary fix right?
Also, how soon is reasonable to expect a patch update? A few days? A couple weeks? A couple months?

Vashimus

Smash Master
I got a question about 3.0 how did you guys get the announcer voice for mewtwo and roy? The voice sounds exactly the same as if they were playable in brawl.
The Brawl announcer Pat Cashman was asked from fans to do additional voicework years ago for characters not playable. Roy and Mewtwo were done, but the PMBR edited them a bit since they were a little too drawn out, and the reverb sounded bad since Brawl already had reverb.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The Brawl announcer Pat Cashman was asked from fans to do additional voicework years ago for characters not playable. Roy and Mewtwo were done, but the PMBR edited them a bit since they were a little too drawn out, and the reverb sounded bad since Brawl already had reverb.

This is the complete truth and Pat Cashman is not in one of our basements...I promise.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If I had to guess, there might have been compatibility issues with trying to get Roy and Mewtwo (and alt costumes) to work effectively with Riivo.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
So I heard that some of the Bosses' SFX were replaced for some of MewTwo's and Roy's?
Is this the case? Out of curiosity, why is this? Did the replacement soundback engine not make it in? Or does it just not work for clone characters? This is a temporary fix right?
Also, how soon is reasonable to expect a patch update? A few days? A couple weeks? A couple months?
We are unable to add soundbanks at this time. The only way for them to have separate sounds from Marth and Lucario was to use another soundbank in the game. We chose to use two bosses because they had enough room for their sounds. We hope to give them their own soundbanks and return the boss sfx as soon as we are able to. However, there are quite a few complications with this and I would not expect it in the near future.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
We are unable to add soundbanks at this time. The only way for them to have separate sounds from Marth and Lucario was to use another soundbank in the game. We chose to use two bosses because they had enough room for their sounds. We hope to give them their own soundbanks and return the boss sfx as soon as we are able to. However, there are quite a few complications with this and I would not expect it in the near future.
Bring back Shadow Ball for the love of God!

Psystrike is not enough...

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Today I realized something wonderful.
Purple Sonic isn't actually purple Sonic.
He's...

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm definitely teaming with CPUs for tournaments now, they totally kick ass and SDI out of combos all while respecting my space.
Also I noticed Falco's side-b has much less leniency to reverse ledge grab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJxQVcCN1TI#t=33 <- now you have to be at least half a Falco next to floor/ledge when you initiate or it won't grab. much less accidental side-b saves await me =(

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hm, usually I've taken apart the wii to clean the lens then put it back together, but its so tedious lol

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hm, usually I've taken apart the wii to clean the lens then put it back together, but its so tedious lol
I thought about doing it, but my low confidence in success had me deciding not to.
This works fine, I ran it and there was sound of the disc rubbing against a high concentration of dust.

Or, you could try other odd things until the order shows.
I advise you vacuum the Wii, like put a vacuum on all vents and in front of the disc disc reader. It won't work for long, but it delayed the problem.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
True facts: The Brawl announcer, Pat Cashman, was the announcer for the show Bill Nye the Science Guy. :shades:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
cannedbread: The filepath for PM has changed. It sounds like you still have /pf in the private folder, it should now read sd:/projectm/pf

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
What ever happened to the user-specific buffer window? I'd play the hell out of Project M but I am so used to having a buffer that it's impossible for me to do even basic stuff properly like I can in Brawl. Didn't earlier versions have the ability to turn on buffer windows selectively, or was that Brawl+ or something?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
What ever happened to the user-specific buffer window? I'd play the hell out of Project M but I am so used to having a buffer that it's impossible for me to do even basic stuff properly like I can in Brawl. Didn't earlier versions have the ability to turn on buffer windows selectively, or was that Brawl+ or something?
relying on buffer?
pffft
sounds like ya need to git gud

cannedbread

Smash Lord
thanks guys but it's still not working

i decided to try homebrew via gecko but it isn't working either. i got to the gecko screen and it had the p:m background but when i started the strap menu came up instead of the p:m one. the css was arranged like p:m but the menu wasn't like it. and then it froze when i tried to pick a character lol. any ideas? is it because my sd is over 2gb?

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
thanks guys but it's still not working

i decided to try homebrew via gecko but it isn't working either. i got to the gecko screen and it had the p:m background but when i started the strap menu came up instead of the p:m one. the css was arranged like p:m but the menu wasn't like it. and then it froze when i tried to pick a character lol. any ideas? is it because my sd is over 2gb?
It must be 2gb or less.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
So obviously giga-bowser will be banned in all 3.0 rulesets, but if my opponent agreed, could we giga-bowser ditto in tourneys?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
relying on buffer?
pffft
sounds like ya need to git gud
Sorry, I have a life, and I don't see why I should have to spend hours retraining myself on fundamental inputs in order to play a mod that used to have this functionality.

And frankly, if you're in any way representative of the Project M community, I wouldn't be unhappy continuing not playing it.

-=-=-=-

If anyone has a useful response I'd appreciate it:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
is it because my sd is over 2gb?
probly. love your cat avatar: where have you been for so long
So obviously giga-bowser will be banned in all 3.0 rulesets, but if my opponent agreed, could we giga-bowser ditto in tourneys?
I'll accept that, you got to the EXP tournies? Did you play Octorok's Ness, cus he mentioned playing some saw guy and said you happen to use C-stick set to Attack to perform Nairs with CF.
People were abusing high levels of it in tourney, and even lower levels are technically an advantage. With that said it might have been a good idea to see if tournament hosts would just ban/limit it which they were starting to do. I like 1 frame of it especially for Wifi use to execute stuff in lag, which they've been keeping in the Wifi version but they'll have to fix it in the next patch since they forgot to actually replace Crew mode's code so it'll just turn on stocks even though it appears as Buffer in the menu.

Top Bottom