• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I remember when I looked for good brawl combo videos, only ones that I enjoyed were false's and mr. r's

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Double post because I want to, today Im going back, bai bai aussies, will be back online after 24 hours; 14 hour flights are fun

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
the german community made a lot of pretty fun videos too, the hawaiian guys as well

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Implying brawl combo videos were ever cool

The Hawaiian crews did have some sick videos though. The WAR COMBOS? Like damn those snake things were cool.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
hype mode activate

Gerudo - Sandstorm
If that song can be done on a trumpet...
It can be done on flutes.(shoehorned instrument of the desert, I think)

You should be fine

Also is there anyone out there that can do a Mango voice impression?
Nope, but I can do fairly spot-on impressions of Peter Cullen's big name character.(Optimus Prime, BTW)

I don't have the "old man rasp" part yet because I'm not an old man(yet), but I got the baritone and inflection down, lol.

It problem when is grill

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Emulation involves replicating or "emulating" the actual hardware by trying to rebuild the architecture in a way that the computer understands. Emulating becomes less taxing as more of the hardware is accurately and efficiently computed by the program itself. The less hardware emulation available, the more processor-dependent the emulator is.
case in point: GBA emulation was figured out not too long after the GBA itself came out. meanwhile, PS2's hardware is the most confusing pile of trash on the planet, so you still can't get a decent emulator of it

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
NVIDIA GeForce 310M
Yours might run okay, try it out. I think mine runs slow because all I have is Intel Graphics :(

case in point: GBA emulation was figured out not too long after the GBA itself came out. meanwhile, PS2's hardware is the most confusing pile of trash on the planet, so you still can't get a decent emulator of it
Agreed, the PCSX2 emulator has a long way to go. Like, it can emulate games like Kingdom Hearts just fine, but god forbid I want to play Need For Speed Underground 2. Blows my whole computer up and only runs at 6 FPS.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yup. And N64 emulation still has a ways to go for games that aren't SM64, OOT, and MM.
Most of the elusive N64 games(AKA games that can't come to the VC because of licensing issues(Rare's entire library before Xbox) or Nintendo doesn't care) don't emulate all that well. DK64 and Perfect Dark still emulate like garbage and I remember others being poorly optimized.
Eventually I found my old N64 somewhere so I just reacquired most of the game carts that I was missing, like Diddy Kong Racing, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Donkey Kong 64. Amazing that I still had Pokemon Stadium 1, Perfect Dark, and Pokemon Puzzle League after all this time.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the N64 is a strange one, because it's not really the n64 hardware's fault

project64 had a fine grip of it and it looked to be ahead of the curve... in 2005. then they stopped doing anything to it until very recently and its age is shown pretty heavily

someone's actually making a fully cycle-accurate emulator for the n64, and while it's INCREDIBLY SLOW even on tanky computers it has some promise

also, it should be noted people are already beginning to work on 360 emulators. not very good emulators (I believe it currently only does 2D 360 games), but the tech's being built

and meanwhile, the PS2 emulation is still horrible, because the PS2's GPU is probably one of the worst creations on the face of the earth

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
the N64 is a strange one, because it's not really the n64 hardware's fault

project64 had a fine grip of it and it looked to be ahead of the curve... in 2005. then they stopped doing anything to it until very recently and its age is shown pretty heavily

someone's actually making a fully cycle-accurate emulator for the n64, and while it's INCREDIBLY SLOW even on tanky computers it has some promise

also, it should be noted people are already beginning to work on 360 emulators. not very good emulators (I believe it currently only does 2D 360 games), but the tech's being built

and meanwhile, the PS2 emulation is still horrible, because the PS2's GPU is probably one of the worst creations on the face of the earth
why would you need a ps2 emulator? ps2s are dirt cheap

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
same reason you'd need a gamecube emulator, or an emulator of any console ever

hardware is inevitably going to die off, even the most well-oiled machine is gonna crash and burn. time is not kind to technology, you need to keep creating and constructing to get around it.

but software? software is a durable little thing. at worst, it can be outdated by operating systems, but even then it can be worked around. software lasts, at least, a long time, and at most, as long as people can continue to circulate it.

one day, gamecubes are going to be expensive, solely because, one by one, they're going to crap out. eventually, there will only be a handful in the world left--and even then, time will eventually envelop them, too.

but we'll still play melee, because we got computers, and we have ways of circulating the technology that allows us to do these thing online, and that's pretty god damn amazing

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'd honestly be very surprised if Smash lasted longer than the current supply of cubes and wiis capable of running melee.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
that ended up being less an argument about emulation and more a mass love for computing

computers, through circulating files, have found a way to circumvent the major flaw of time itself, something not even you and I can get away from

and if you don't think that's pretty rad, then alright you're probably more conscious than I currently am

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Oh my god please dont talk about hardware dying
My gamecube from 2003 that I've used for literally the majority of my life is starting to crap out on me. The re-set button has been stuck for years now, and whenever the disc is runing there is this bad/loudish hum/buzz that none of my other cubes have.

I dont know how many 10+ hour smashfests It can take before it just goes kaput ;_;

I'm very slowly getting togeather a collection of good controllers plus a "new" cube and another extra copy of Melee in perfect condition. I plan on storing them away somewhere in a air-tight box with a good CRT, so when 20XX comes I'll be ready with my cyborg hands to play the game that decides the fate of all major conflicts.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Hmm well I remember trying New Super Mario Bros Wii and it ran at 80%.... that's bad isn't it?
Yeah that sounds pretty bad lol I guess your processor just isn't strong enough for it since it's on the lower end and your RAM is average.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
same reason you'd need a gamecube emulator, or an emulator of any console ever

hardware is inevitably going to die off, even the most well-oiled machine is gonna crash and burn. time is not kind to technology, you need to keep creating and constructing to get around it.

but software? software is a durable little thing. at worst, it can be outdated by operating systems, but even then it can be worked around. software lasts, at least, a long time, and at most, as long as people can continue to circulate it.

one day, gamecubes are going to be expensive, solely because, one by one, they're going to crap out. eventually, there will only be a handful in the world left--and even then, time will eventually envelop them, too.

but we'll still play melee, because we got computers, and we have ways of circulating the technology that allows us to do these thing online, and that's pretty god damn amazing
not to say I don't get what you mean but you'd be surprised how long a console will last just from being in a well ventilated room without much dust. I have a friend who works at an arcade that has an NES that has been on 14 hours a day almost every day since like 2002.

Vashimus

Smash Master
You don't have to worry about hardware. Once the patent for the N64 finally expires, people will start making and distributing their own bootleg systems like they've done for the 16-bit era. I have no doubt people out there will make it happen for Gamecube as well. Sure some might be expensive, but it certainly won't die.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm very slowly getting togeather a collection of good controllers plus a "new" cube and another extra copy of Melee in perfect condition. I plan on storing them away somewhere in a air-tight box with a good CRT, so when 20XX comes I'll be ready with my cyborg hands to play the game that decides the fate of all major conflicts.
The funny thing about Smash is it's being played a majority of the time on small/carry-able or otherwise even large but bad quality CRTs with composite cables. Some after a while give me a headache, awful contrast problems and such.
Then I go to my house with my big'ish CRT and awesome component cables and it looks amazing. It's like you're finally able to see the game. Dolphin on the other hand is seeing too much of the game or something, or failing to represent Smash with enough radioactivity that the CRT graciously provides.

I remember when I looked for good brawl combo videos, only ones that I enjoyed were false's and mr. r's
Someday someone knowledgeable will compile a list of all the good ones. I tried making a playlist but then I just saved all the videos I didn't want to save to my other playlists to it https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLovBMkMLex7y_zMW0WzrG_-zctGh2vlQ4

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a version of ceo's norfair with legit spawn points?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You don't have to worry about hardware. Once the patent for the N64 finally expires, people will start making and distributing their own bootleg systems like they've done for the 16-bit era. I have no doubt people out there will make it happen for Gamecube as well. Sure some might be expensive, but it certainly won't die.
Wait. I know the NES patents have expired, but have the SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis Patents expired at this point as well?

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Hm, eh, back to the hotel again, but Im going to leave for sure after less than half an hour

Top Bottom