• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's really funny how there was a character who was apparently SO OP in blazblu that people wanted her banned from tournaments

and you look at the top 8 for EVO and she isn't there once

it's almost like early-metagame decisions are horribly inaccurate or something

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Is bang any good in that game?
Like Captain Falcon, but high-tier. /brawl

^I can't find the image of that, I'm tight.

>Hey guys we're going to announce cool stuff!
>Announce cool stuff
>Bunch of disappointment
>No news about announcements
>No announcements
>Disappointment
PM players are never happy
The way you summarize it disappoints me.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase
I just mentioned this not ten pages ago.
No duh.

Gotta give some credit to Wong for making Marvel actually look fun compared to what was basically "Brawl on crack".
Speak for yourself, most of the game isn't played like that and you know it.
Most of the time it's more 'Melee on meth'.

ps1 pads > arcade sticks confirmed
Yep. Arcade sticks = a waste of money, material, and manpower.
Get good without those eyesores, IMO.

All this smash4 talk
it's never orge
Yep. Time to

vidgame music is best music
Damn right.

it really is. i thought they were rebranding him as a villain or something in this installment...
Wouldn't be far off.
Before all else, he is a hired gun, like Snake, and a fun-seeker, like Kamina.
How well would these characters get along if they met?
Well...

Mechwarrior is always there to blow up my notifications and put a smile on my fave when i get on break at work ^-^
It's what I do. Everyone here, in some way or another:

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Is Bdacus just a Brawl thing? How tight is the input window for wario's Dacus in P:M?

Edit: Rubber on analog stick wore off; thumb is getting destroyed by DACUS attempts.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Is Bdacus just a Brawl thing? How tight is the input window for wario's Dacus in P:M?

Edit: Rubber on analog stick wore off; thumb is getting destroyed by DACUS attempts.
DACUS input window is jumpsquat - 3 frames when using attack button, -4 frames when using grab.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
it really is. i thought they were rebranding him as a villain or something in this installment...
I never watched the F-Zero anime so I'll just ignore that, but I always got the impression Falcon was just less of a jerk than his fellow racers, most of which are either incredibly vain, greedy, or just plain evil.

He's the face of the sport by default basically. You wouldn't call most sports athletes anything resembling heroes either. He's closer to an anti-hero who does the right thing because he gets paid to do it.

Last edited:

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
Hey P:M'ers! I just moved to New Orleans and am looking to play asap! I live in Uptown a block away from the Play N Trade on Tchoup. Hit me up plsssss.

The dudes at Play N Trade are really nice and will work with us if we want to hold events there. They play Melee but are very interested in P:M!

Hope there are some of you out there!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
DACUS SUCKS
Try that ish irl, you will skid your knee real bad.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ike's feels almost feasible IRL.

Ganon's tho... No one can master the power of crotch dashing.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
not good enough. the wheel needs to be on the shin, not just be a boring ol rollerskate + you have to do it like you're trying to land a sick guitar solo so your upper body is arched back

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
it's really funny how there was a character who was apparently SO OP in blazblu that people wanted her banned from tournaments

and you look at the top 8 for EVO and she isn't there once

it's almost like early-metagame decisions are horribly inaccurate or something
Yes and No in some ways. All the Kokonoes got blown up before top 8 so Jiyuna, LordKnight and a few others got eliminated beforehand. Because of this it affected the top 8 in a positive way to viewers who at least know the dirt of Kokonoe and the horror stories people heard about her. BBCP was in Japan since 2012 and they had the game longer than we did and they didn't get on console till end of last year and it didn't get patched until a few months ago and because of this EVO didn't ban her. In this streaming age what happens with top whatever for any game over a period of time can dictate people wanting to play a game or not along with viewership. Blowups and tense games like the USF4 GF can also affect this with on a viewer and player perspective. I can't think of many characters banned or close to being banned in FG's in the SF4 era outside of SC4 Hilde/Algol, SCV Viola(France Only Post-Patch) and Kokonoe pre-patch as they are rare.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Kokonoe looks beast. Just Infinite block strings lmao. I would main her in a minute homie. To bad that game ain't alive in my state.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Looks goddamn sexy.

Falcon's reveal is what got me most excited, followed by Gematsu getting thrashed.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hey P:M'ers! I just moved to New Orleans and am looking to play asap! I live in Uptown a block away from the Play N Trade on Tchoup. Hit me up plsssss.

The dudes at Play N Trade are really nice and will work with us if we want to hold events there. They play Melee but are very interested in P:M!

Hope there are some of you out there!
You should copy that entire post and repost it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...like-july-19-2014-metairie-la.53259/page-1875

Hope you enjoy NOLA smash! It is too good. :D

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
not good enough. the wheel needs to be on the shin, not just be a boring ol rollerskate + you have to do it like you're trying to land a sick guitar solo so your upper body is arched back
Are you..........Speaking from experience?
I watched the Robocop reboot. It was great.
Best respond to me on yo wall 4 I find you

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
if I were to speak from experience I would assume it was REALLY painful because being at a constant forward pace in an uncomfortable position while your back is arched does not sound healthy

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Falcon Punch in HD looks so sexy, the graphics on that is orgasmic... and Im not even a graphics type of guy.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
if I were to speak from experience I would assume it was REALLY painful because being at a constant forward pace in an uncomfortable position while your back is arched does not sound healthy
Speaking of health, I made this post http://smashboards.com/threads/a-di...ad-thing-health-related.360937/#post-17071426

Bdacus I was told doesn't exist in PM, even with Buffer.
pretty sure I saw Lucina do a spinning nair :roypm:

nintendo is watching guys
Marth also spins but it's hard to notice, so maybe Roy does it slower.

Seems legit!!
Even though, my theory is that lucina has really low lag between moves making her a even faster marth clone(roy being the slower one.)
I'm not sure how much lag Marth had on his Nair in Brawl, but overall his aerials in Brawl weren't that laggy. The Smash 4 gif there is hard to tell if it's landing lag from an aerial or normal landing lag [auto-cancel] (which is 30 frames, but you can act out on frame 4; which they didn't it's hard to tell) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtOSf5iZhnY#
I was refering to PM, I know Fox is pretty terrible in Smash 4 anyway. You can have autocancel, but then you can't have fast rushdown characters like Melee Fox and Falco.
We already use autocancel for the other term, do people use Reduced land lag or like AutoLcancel instead; meaning we want reduced/low land lag in the 7-14 frame range like an L-cancel would rather than 20+.
No, I just think it pretty much makes them objectively better since the execution barrier is much lower.
As it stands, they're better than most characters, but not by an insurmountable amount, which means the payout from the time invested in mastering them isn't disproportionate to the abilities of other characters given much shorter learning periods. No other character is as dependent on SHFFL-ing, and removing that essentially removes one of the biggest, if not the biggest technical barrier in playing Fox/Falco, at which point you get incredible results for the same effort as anybody else.
L-cancelling isn't their biggest technical barrier, there's a lot of things it's a bucket. Fox's SH (and for other 3 frame jumpsquat characters: beyond the fact Melee checked a frame early for SH button release which they fixed in Brawl so maybe it was shoddy coding or Sakurai wanted it made even harder and then realized he was in the wrong?), their overall movement and spacing, having the fast fall on time and such. Also what Hydrone said

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Wow. So much Axe hype. :D I really need to watch those sets when I get the chance. Pika too good!

Also, I swear, if Rayman is in Smash 4... probably picking him up as another secondary. He's like Sukapon except funner.

Needs more Okami

Aww :( *hugs* Don't cry. I know those feels, sad movies really are depressing, but just remember- it's just a movie. Think about the happy times in your life that you experienced yourself.
Haha, thanks for the hug * Uber hugs back * I guess I just meant the movie itself was so depressing. Trust me my depression didn't last much longer after the movie ended.
In my opinion the movie itself does a great job about how things would probably play out on a larger scale, given the circumstances. Watch it you'll see what I mean (Not necessarily this part is aimed at you Sapphire). And, about how I thought it was so sad, just watch the movie, it's near the end is why it is so sad. Beyond that I won't give anything else away.
-
HOLY HELL. I just come on and already I have like seven likes just from Mechwarrior.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
L-cancelling isn't their biggest technical barrier, there's a lot of things it's a bucket. Fox's SH (and for other 3 frame jumpsquat characters: beyond the fact Melee checked a frame early for SH button release which they fixed in Brawl so maybe it was shoddy coding or Sakurai wanted it made even harder and then realized he was in the wrong?), their overall movement and spacing, having the fast fall on time and such. Also what Hydrone said
I was referring to SHFFL-ing as a whole, not L-cancel alone.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I wish I didn't have massive hands, using the ps3'd dpad constantly murders my hands constantly I s2g

every time I try to look for some I just end up with people getting very offended that the ps3 controller is too small for some and baaaah

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
DACUS SUCKS
Try that ish irl, you will skid your knee real bad.
have kneepads and shinpads with tiny wheels on the front so you can just roll everywhere
Kneepads? ____pads?

WEAK.
The new meta is concrete surfing.

You are not mech @ SpiderMad SpiderMad
Correct.
No one else could have MechWarrior as an alias but me.

It ain't MechCommander, either, plebeian imitation.
It is MechWarrior.

Can't even get the name right!

Top Bottom