• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Obviously all fighting games are bad because they promote punching the elderly in the streets
Edit: Furthermore, all video games are terrible because they do not promote a utopia where all forms of cancers are cured, people are genderless, raceless, classless, take no physical form, and in fact don't even exist to bother one another.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Soul Calibur 2 had Link as a playable fighter. The game cannot be tainted by those vile things you cretins call "opinions".

Anyway, anyone else withhold a strong desire to ignore this troll and continue talking about Project M? (Or anything for that matter considering the relative chance of actually becoming a Project M discussion again.)

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Soul Calibur 2 had Link as a playable fighter. The game cannot be tainted by those vile things you cretins call "opinions".

Anyway, anyone else withhold a strong desire to ignore this troll and continue talking about Project M? (Or anything for that matter considering the relative chance of actually becoming a Project M discussion again.)
A discussion of Project M entails the existence of a universe in which project M could exist. A universe it a vile thing where conflict could take place. I have transcended the universe. Join us in the Nothingness :evil:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
We could talk about whether or not the complete restoration of melee physics would be good for the game, or disrupt the current meta.

Bleck

Smash Master
You're terrible

I'm dying to hear why Dota 2, Melee, Project M, Street Fighter, MvC, Guilty Gear, Blaze Blue, Skull Girls, Persona 4 Arena, Killer instinct, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Arcana Heart, Tekken, Dead or Alive, and every fighting game ever made is considered "terrible".
why would you list every fighting game and then say every fighting game

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
is disrupting the meta a bad thing? I consider stuff like emukiller woop-wooping everyone to death to be that, idk.

as an example: if they ever fix the way landing detection works, that means that normally safe aerials to use when doing on-stage edgeguards wouldn't be as effective, because it landing at the knees makes it so a LOT of dairs in the game work through the stage ledge. pretty much anything will disrupt it in some way, better to ask if that's a good or bad disrupting

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Hey I wanna catch up on boondocks season 4. Can someone please tell me wht number episode was the one where it showed the flashback of gramps unwillingly protesting on that bus trip? And the dude voiced by the allstate guy was whoopin ass? lol.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
is disrupting the meta a bad thing? I consider stuff like emukiller woop-wooping everyone to death to be that, idk.

as an example: if they ever fix the way landing detection works, that means that normally safe aerials to use when doing on-stage edgeguards wouldn't be as effective, because it landing at the knees makes it so a LOT of dairs in the game work through the stage ledge. pretty much anything will disrupt it in some way, better to ask if that's a good or bad disrupting
Solution: Characters' legs all cut down to the knees

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Okay I give up... Only his grab
no way, man. make warlock punch spawn a second ganon, instead. and that ganon is controlled, ike climbers style.

and if you want to, you can then make all your ganons warlock punch, to summon another warlock. to punch.

genius. balanced.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222

why would you list every fighting game and then say every fighting game
I never named every fighting game, just the some of the popular ones. There are ALOT more.

Hey I wanna catch up on boondocks season 4. Can someone please tell me wht number episode was the one where it showed the flashback of gramps unwillingly protesting on that bus trip? And the dude voiced by the allstate guy was whoopin ***? lol.
Ugh Season 4 so far has been a total letdown man.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Wait what? why??
Well so far, it just hasn't really been funny. It tries WAAAY to hard to make you laugh, unlike the older seasons where the jokes and overall humor wasn't forced and just worked so well. The first episode was a letdown, why focus on tom AND basically redo a episode that was already done? Grandad is just plain stupid now, where as before he was only dumb when it came to money and women. Riley is just plain annoying and Huey..... well just.... weird now.

today's my birthday and i'll be 19. celebrating our grandma's 86th birthday from the 23rd today as well at a nice restaurant :D
Yes I'm older than the average toaster. Happy Birthday :bee:

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Ever fix? That's been fixed, at one point it wasn't working for characters reaching the ground in hitstun or tumble or something (they still would land Brawl feet style if they were in hitstun) but I think they told me they fixed that too in the somewhat more recent versions

And your example is weird, the Melee landing detection making it less effective?

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
one of the gift cards is a $30 one for crate and barrel. never heard of that store before so i went to their website. the price for an office chair is absolutely ridiculous. $200 for the cheapest chair and it's not even that great wtf

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Well so far, it just hasn't really been funny. It tries WAAAY to hard to make you laugh, unlike the older seasons where the jokes and overall humor wasn't forced and just worked so well. The first episode was a letdown, why focus on tom AND basically redo a episode that was already done? Grandad is just plain stupid now, where as before he was only dumb when it came to money and women. Riley is just plain annoying and Huey..... well just.... weird now.

Yes I'm older than the average toaster. Happy Birthday :bee:
Thats a bummer to hear man, it sounds to me like you were more invested in the characters than I was so I feel bad for you. So yeah maybe you're right maybe they've strayed. I prioritize more animation and if the themes and like pop culture topics of the episode are relevant. Which so far in the season they have been. Again though maybe you're right about the jokes and character development suffering.

Dude I love the fights though.

@ MonkUnit MonkUnit Dude I miss the Prime series so hard. They should have kept going with it.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think if melee shield functionality returned it would add more than it would take away, but I'm sure I could be very wrong. More features are cool though, and light-shielding would be a good returning feature.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos I make codes. Most of the codes I make are not gameplay related but are small features that people like. For example, I put in the ability to choose your tag by typing it in the name maker. It should cut down on the time spent in tourneys looking for your tag. I also playtest a bit

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Holy Kryst.

@ Prince Longstrok Prince Longstrok Cool did you see the dub? I like anime dubs if they're good and what little I've seen I thought was pretty alright. I had the series spoiled for me though if you wanna talk about it-- It won't bother me.
Sorry to hear that!

But man.. Im soo bummed how it ended :/ like i atleast wanted near to die as well if they were not gonna let light win.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So I'm guessing that when you were 14 you got into the backroom for something other than P:M. Are you super leet at smash or just a really good poster?

This is also now your AMA, a birthday surprise.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Thats a bummer to hear man, it sounds to me like you were more invested in the characters than I was so I feel bad for you. So yeah maybe you're right maybe they've strayed. I prioritize more animation and if the themes and like pop culture topics of the episode are relevant. Which so far in the season they have been. Again though maybe you're right about the jokes and character development suffering.

Dude I love the fights though.

@ MonkUnit MonkUnit Dude I miss the Prime series so hard. They should have kept going with it.
Le thanks for the feels man. And the episodes have been more focused on pop culture, and the animation it'self as gotten much better, so I understand you on that note lol. And the fights are always amazing (Huey vs Ruckus tho).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos , I pointed the same mistake an old member made and he finally told me, "you seem like you want to help. why don't you go on irc and talk to shanus?" now i'm here

i'm up for this being an ama i guess lol. i'll answer any other questions after i wake up

Last edited:
Top Bottom