• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Had to suffer waiting at /v/
>High level smash techniques can be learned and mastered within a week.

Kati

Smash Lord
So if one had a wavebird controlling the same character like Fox on two different set ups, one melee and one pm, what discrepancies would appear besides laser damage?

I ask mainly because random scrub commentators still say that PM is much slower than melee.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Personal experience tells me that using a wavebird will screw up your tech more than playing separate games entirely ever will.
But in all seriousness, I think frame inputs for things like multishine wouldn't change(aside from the greater window for certain tech skills.) The difference lies within physics, especially when relating to sheilds.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
What u piss with lmao.

There pretty close in terms of speed.
I piss with my weewee. Why are we talking about my weewee?

Btw so if I hope to ever play PM online with people do I need like SUPER internet or just like your average 50 buck a month package?

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I piss with my weewee. Why are we talking about my weewee?

Btw so if I hope to ever play PM online with people do I need like SUPER internet or just like your average 50 buck a month package?
you wanted to know what he meant lol. And most peeps use netplay, I use regular online and the connection is based on both people.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
@ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 is too much for me to handle, get out of here and come back after at least a month of learning anything from the internet

Lizalfos

Smash Master
what is netplay?
You emulate Project M through your computer and through the magic of virtual sports you play other people far away, but it is better than normal Wi-fi because inputs are prioritized over full game speed.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
On another subject, I really need that all-star mode in my life now. Playing the entire roster against my friends will be a blast. Standard Toaster, when you see this, tell your people that my people like the stuff your people are doing.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
@ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 is too much for me to handle, get out of here and come back after at least a month of learning anything from the internet
I shall train in the hyperbolic time chamber and return with my internet power level TEN FOLD

So I guess I'll look into getting netplay after I get PM.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I shall train in the hyperbolic time chamber and return with my internet power level TEN FOLD
Too bad that we have been doing that before you even thought to, at least you can keep pace now. DO YOU EVEN MAIN SPACIES???
Addition: If you don't have P:M right now, are you playing basic brawl?

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wait wut, thats like 2 more hours than 2 hours ago. At least West Coast time difference has got me covered for more sleep. Vacation FTW. Which smash game are you currently playing?

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Oh man I wish I'm not even playing one right now I'm just watching anime, pm streams and forum lurking. The only smash I do lately is 64 tuesday nights at my local pub. I'm buying my friends wii soon so I can start playing PM.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Oh man, 64 to P:M is gonna be crazy. You are gonna have to learn all the quirks of brawl and Melee. I guess L-canceling is the same though, and it is still a game about keeping your opponent offstage. Are you going to maintain the Pika for your main?

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
oh woah woah I've been playing melee for years no worries. I did ganondorf. I won't be a stranger in PM. Much. I'm not sure who I'll use I'm so excited about every character being relatively balanced. I was thinking Mewtwo but he almost looks too broken to me now.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Playing a broken character will make no difference if you dont know how to play as him

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Playing a broken character will make no difference if you dont know how to play as him
True, but I always feel comfortable starting with a character I feel is unpopular. I guess I'm just a contrarian. I'll probably just get back with Dorf though.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
That's good to hear. I've seen enough to really have a ton of faith in the PM ppl balancing everything out as much as it possibly can.

I'm half hoping that as I get good with ganondorf the votes will be in to give his moveset to Black Shadow. I think that dude is a badass and it'll be win-win for me to have dorf's old moves and a new awesome character doing them. :D

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Mew seems broken, but not to the point that the patches do something big to him. I think that Diddy will get Ivysuar'd eventually. Spacies will never change because the cast is prolly going to be balanced around them, and not the other way around. Play the character which you feel like you naturally understand in the neutral game, and know the bread and butter combos to.
(Secretly I play falco because pillar combos are easy to remember, and if you can Shffl lasers you can play his neutral.)

Dorf has nair into jab iirc which is always funny. I really hope that Black Shadow happens and we get a sword Gannon.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
What does it mean to get Ivysaur'd and what are Spacies?

Btw how do you guys think Yoshi fairs in PM lately?

Dude I think Ganon needs a down B where he pulls out or puts away his sword essentially giving him two move sets. I bet that'd be way too much work.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Boondocks convo happening, damn I'm late. Freedom Ride or Die was the episode you were thinking of this season and it was definitely the best one of the recent bunch in my opinion. Felt like a McGruder episode, he probably wrote it too.

The rest of the episodes felt like rehashes of older, better episodes. Grandpa's money problems never actually went anywhere as a storyline and now it's all over, Boondocks ends on a low note.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master

1. Ivy was undeniably top tier and was just better than alot of the cast for a good while, but they changed a lot of his projectiles and just toned him down in general.
  2. Space animals are those super stylish and shiny Star-fox characters who were the best in melee.
  3. I haven't seen any Yoshis EVER, but I think that its just because he has no recovery aside from that awkward jump. Yoshi can jump OoS in P:M so he has more going for him this time around. He is different from a lot of the cast, but if you like playing him, nothing has proven that he is terrible/extraordinary, so go for it.
I'd also like to say that Mew2 really isn't all that broken, he just has good movement, can break up your momentum and has unpunishable spacing with teleport/float. He is a weird matchup, but out predicting your opponent and throwing out lingering hitboxes should solve a lot of the problem.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Boondocks convo happening, damn I'm late. Freedom Ride or Die was the episode you were thinking of this season and it was definitely the best one of the recent bunch in my opinion. Felt like a McGruder episode, he probably wrote it too.

The rest of the episodes felt like rehashes of older, better episodes. Grandpa's money problems never actually went anywhere as a storyline and now it's all over, Boondocks ends on a low note.
Yeah I loooved episode 5. I thought the hair product one was pretty funny and topical as well. In fact I also loved the jiggalo one-- I'm not sure why ppl are hating on season 4 so much I'm quite enjoying it.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222

Dude I think Ganon needs a down B where he pulls out or puts away his sword essentially giving him two move sets. I bet that'd be way too much work.
Spacies refer to the space animals (Fox & Falco & Wolf)

Ivysaur'd is like a way of saying nerfed

Yoshi is alright in PM, needs some buffs and improvements.

Greninja'd :c

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Wow do they really lump in Wolf with the other two now? Is he that simlar to them in PM? He was completely unique in Brawl.

Edit: Well I mean aside from his specials kind of resembling theirs and the whole dumb 3 tank deal.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wow do they really lump in Wolf with the other two now? Is he that simlar to them in PM? He was completely unique in Brawl.

Edit: Well I mean aside from his specials kind of resembling theirs and the whole dumb 3 tank deal.
No, he is crazy different still. I honestly think Fox and Falco are crazy different too though, so I feel like calling them spacies and lumping them together does more with their specials and being top tier (which in P:M they aren't necessarily.)

Top Bottom