• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
He's a fool to quit around this time unless real life stuff intervenes then it's a different story. Also that dude followed me on Twitter a while back and unfollowed me 2 days after lol.

EDIT: Also the PKMN company just released this lol. Way sooner than I thought.

Mega Kyogre?.... Ubers is done lmao.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, who would love to see a crew battle between Texas and NY? I just thought about it recently and that would be mad fun to watch.
This actually may go down at SKTAR. I spoke to Sethlon about it already.

TX is having: Sethlon, Oracle, Denti, and Infinity
While our crew has a pool of 6 to choose from: Eli, Gallo, Gurukid, Frozen, Rolex, and Zhime.
I already mentioned in my crew discussion that if there are any qualms about Zhime being PA we won't use him (even though he's in our crew), but we're still deciding on a final 4 to use (it'll probably be the first 4 I mentioned)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All I know is If we get Mega Kyogre/Groudon that's gonna be super OD also I better get a Mega- Tropius and Mega Mightyena.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
This actually may go down at SKTAR. I spoke to Sethlon about it already.

TX is having: Sethlon, Oracle, Denti, and Infinity
While our crew has a pool of 6 to choose from: Eli, Gallo, Gurukid, Frozen, Rolex, and Zhime.
I already mentioned in my crew discussion that if there are any qualms about Zhime being PA we won't use him (even though he's in our crew), but we're still deciding on a final 4 to use (it'll probably be the first 4 I mentioned)
Get wrecked NY. Can't wait for SKTAR or Hoenn.

Vashimus

Smash Master
He's a fool to quit around this time unless real life stuff intervenes then it's a different story. Also that dude followed me on Twitter a while back and unfollowed me 2 days after lol.

EDIT: Also the PKMN company just released this lol. Way sooner than I thought.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Johto for life.
Johto > Kanto > Hoenn > France (I can't remember what Gen VI was called) > meh

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOL it was called Kalos and it's kinda booty not gonna lie but it does have it's pro's.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I prefer 2 year intervals between games but as long as there is less water and more landmasses I don't mind they are doing this remake really.

But to say we can explore a dramatic new world is bull****, we explored this one already even if they add new stuff.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
'MMERRICAA>>>>> everywhere else

sept not in pokemon. 5th gen, other than story, was imo pretty booty butt cheeks region wise.
I liked kalos, but its not as good as the first 3 gen's were imo.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I prefer 2 year intervals between games but as long as there is less water and more landmasses I don't mind they are doing this remake really.

But to say we can explore a dramatic new world is bull****, we explored this one already even if they add new stuff.
The reason there's so much more water in Hoenn compared to other regions is because the whole plot's "land vs. sea" motif, and the enemy teams trying to expand one or the other. I'm surprised people still don't understand this over a decade later. Hoenn with less water isn't Hoenn.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The game theme is boring no matter what simplistic opposites motif they were going for, which is pretty obvious actually.

Now maybe in 3d the water will look amazing and they will add other cool stuff to make it more manageable because GameFreak knows this is the least liked early gen game by far.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If we're just talking about design of the world itself I'll give it to Hoenn.
Pacific Log and Sootopolis are my favorite cities in any gen.

I just thing as far as the actual game itself nothing compares with what Johto/Gen II did.
I've never been the biggest fan of these whole "THE WORLD IS GONNA END" stories that they've given Pokemon since. Gen I and II kept it simple relatively, and it's also why Team Rocket is my favorite team.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Using repels isn't the end of the world. Wattson gives you Thunderbolt literally right before you have to deal with the lengthy water routes. Really, they're not that bad.

I agree that I'd like to see some really new stuff though. The Mega Groudon and Kyogre pics are kinda hinting at, which is why I thought it was going to be a sequel at first like BW2 was.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
A sequel would be so sick. I feel like they kinda just left the separate teams really open ended, there's a lot of room for new things that don't necessarily have to be " I want to re-create the world." Even just helping out the teams stopping natural disasters that were caused by (mega?) groudon/kyogre would be pretty cool.

It also leaves room for more jirachi/lati twin/regi trio story archs, because tbh the regi's were pretty lack luster lore wise and were kind of just a thing you'd go and get.

Mega-wise, I'm just hoping for mega-zangoose and mega-tropius. I don't give a damn about swampert and Sceptile tbh.

Maybe Bronzong will get recover too. Or heal bell, he is a giant bell ffs.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Thinking about it, the main thing which would make it more interesting would be to have water Pokémon from every single generation jumping out of the water in a lively ocean rather than limiting us to what was available in Gen 3 and an army of Tentacruels.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Same here now where's @ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon to freak out.
Drowning in Calculus.

*gurgle*

Sapph's a Johto fangirl though. :[
This is true. Though Alpha Sapphire really does look super hype. Also, because (surprisingly!) I've never played through Sapphire, only played Emerald, and I only got Sapphire off eBay already finished for the shiny/event 'mons on it. I look forward to actually playing through Sapphire with its storyline, though I'm always gonna miss the badass cutscene where Rayquaza shows them both what's up

(Kyogre too good though, just sayin. Rayquaza and Kyogre are equal for me, maybe Kyogre slightly higher because Sapphire and blue, which is a -lot- to say compared to a legendary Dragon type)

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Hoenn > Kanto >>>>>>> Sinnoh > I don't care about any other games
Sinnoh > Johto > Hoenn > Kanto > Unova > Kalos
That's the true order right here.
LOL it was called Kalos and it's kinda booty not gonna lie but it does have it's pro's.
Johto for life.
Johto > Kanto > Hoenn > France (I can't remember what Gen VI was called) > meh
All these opinions.

Implying it's not...
Kanto=Johto=Hoenn=Sinnoh=Unova > Kalos.

Just waiting for Z version for that ">" to become an "="

JOE!

Smash Hero
Come at me haters, we all know gen1 was just the ****ty beta for the glory that is gen2

gen2 is better in every objective way

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
genwun is actually the worst and anyone who tries to say otherwise haven't actually played RBY in the past decade

coincidentally, genwun is also the worst in project m, and I will start fights over this

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Come at me haters, we all know gen1 was just the ****ty beta for the glory that is gen2

gen2 is better in every objective way
#MewtwoMaster
We disagree.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
genwun is actually the worst and anyone who tries to say otherwise haven't actually played RBY in the past decade

coincidentally, genwun is also the worst in project m, and I will start fights over this
Generation 1 pokemon was the worst.

That doesn't mean Kanto is the worst.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Generation 1 pokemon was the worst.

That doesn't mean Kanto is the worst.
Oh generation 1 wasn't the worst or the best, its like dead set in the middle. Generation 2 was good, so was 3. Generation 4 is the best region/game of the pokemon series hands down and everything after pales in comparison. 5 was alright, and 6 is probably the worst.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
RBY was the buggiest thing

it didn't know how to handle things at level 1 so if you leveled up from level 1 it would go straight to 100, among other things

really, the fact that you could actually catch mew solely by just bugging the game in a specific way speaks volumes for how volatile it could get

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I actually enjoyed Platinum the best, it had my favorite sound track, favorite pokemon, best pokemon league, online play, all my friends get pissed when I say i think platinum is the best lol. But I'm not gonna lie, I think platinum is the best.

But lets be honest guys, Z VERSON IS DA BESTEST!! ALL UV UR POK3MON LVL UP!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom