• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
Now you're gonna make me cry toaster... though Pidgeot is supposed to be around 5 feet tall and he's super tiny in that pic.

ON TO GOLD AND SILVER

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
If they're doing Johto next, they should hack the game so Red has the same Pokemon he finished this with. Gotta keep it canon!

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Are things like Silver and Gold being coded in a way that twitchplayspokemon can do this same thing?

It's like the Truman Show but more ridiculous.

Good stuff world, another great success for human-kind.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I am so behind on Pokemon games that it's not even funny - well only one game behind, but to me that feels like a lot. So, they really made the chances for a Shiny Pokemon better now? Thank god, I could never get one even though I felt like I built superb teams. And, can someone explain to me how like the Pokemon's mood affects things? I never got that really. Kinda makes me feel like a nub, and may I ask how you made the Eevee evolve so fast? I could never figure out how people do it so fast - even though I know in general how Eevee is supposed to evolve to either Espeon or Umbreon.
It's all good, they did introduce tons in gen 6. XD And yes, instead of 1 in 8k it's now 1 in 4k. I breed using Masuda method (breed one of your Pokemon with one from a foreign country) and that increases the chances to around 1 in 2k. I'm too lazy to complete my Pokedex, but if I did I would get an item called the Shiny Charm which, if used with the Masuda method, increases the chances to around 1 in 1k.

The Pokemon Amie thing is a new mechanic called affection, which is different than friendship (you need friendship to evolve Pichu into Pikachu, Eevee to Espeon/Umbreon, etc). Though affection can slightly increase friendship, friendship has no effect on affection. Affection, most notably when maxed, increases the chance of critical hits, increases evasiveness, may cause the Pokemon to survive a KOing hit with 1HP, and allows you to pet it after battles if you rub the stylus on the touch screen as the opponent is defeated.

As far as how I got him to evolve so fast, I put the Soothe Bell on him immediately, gave him a massage, then looked online to see what else ups friendship the fastest. I forgot I had a Soothing Bag in the Super Training app (it's switchable between Pokemon Amie and the Player Search System on the touchscreen) and used it on him, which ups friendship the most by far, and then upped him a few levels again. He evolved right after.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
So...... my friend wants me to be his p:m teammate for a doubles tourney..... but the problem is....... im absolute sh*t at doubles. I can't play attention to my own character much less 3 other people. So what are some basic things I should keep in mind?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Be a bro. If your friend is getting comboed, try to stop the comboer. If he's being edgeguarded, try and save him. I say "try" because you also have the other guy to worry about.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Be a bro. If your friend is getting comboed, try to stop the comboer. If he's being edgeguarded, try and save him. I say "try" because you also have the other guy to worry about.
pretty much this. if you get the other guy off the stage and it's likely he'll get back anyway, take the chance to 2v1 his partner.

but always always always
If he's being edgeguarded, try and save him.
i'd rather be killed by my partner trying to help me than by the opponent getting to edgeguard me with no interference.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So...... my friend wants me to be his p:m teammate for a doubles tourney..... but the problem is....... im absolute sh*t at doubles. I can't play attention to my own character much less 3 other people. So what are some basic things I should keep in mind?
I could make a whole compilation video of how bad I am at doubles, if anyone feels like teaming with me though I'm just joking

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
One thing I read (and I'm pretty sure Mow probably said this) is that you want to make it a 2v1 fight as much as possible. More often than not, doubles partners fall into passive and aggressive archetypes. You know, the guy that bolts in to make openings and then the one that's more off to the side trying to make something of those openings. You want to shove the second guy out of the equation as much as possible.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur and Lucario... and I think Zard?
Oh yeah... I definitely see Lucario and Ivy. I thought those leaves were feathered wings which really threw me off.

I don't see Zard in there, but given the color that's the most reasonable guess. Too much of the top is cut off.

Kati

Smash Lord
Since 3.0... I haven't seen a single match with Lucas wearing his old brawl clothing. These alts are toooooo op.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Since 3.0... I haven't seen a single match with Lucas wearing his old brawl clothing. These alts are toooooo op.
Alright Kati we're gonna settle this right here, right now.

Is it Katie? Or Catty? Or Kah-tee? This always bothered me.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
My bad. I tried making a new account, but I'm stuck with this one for the time being. It's finnish, so the latter "kah-tee."

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is there a thread for controller modification talk? I want to know all my options regarding shoulder trigger changes, like has anyone messed with "spacers" stuck in there to make the click further out? How do I wear down/reduce the click to be more buttery in a controller where it's less noticeable when you go past it and require less force. @ 9bit 9bit How'd you come up with doing your changes and do you know any threads on controller stuff?
I don't even use Link, nor does my username have anything to do with him. I tried out Toon Link in earlier builds, but I don't use him very often any more.

If I had to pick a main, it would be Charizard, currently sticking with ZSS and MK as alternatives.
Do you still love MK like you first did? See if you can prepare yourself to somehow make this regional in Chicago in a year or something I forget the name of it, like Fgx or something. Think it was MLG sponsored.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is there a thread for controller modification talk? I want to know all my options regarding shoulder trigger changes, like has anyone messed with "spacers" stuck in there to make the click further out? How do I wear down/reduce the click to be more buttery in a controller where it's less noticeable when you go past it and require less force. @ 9bit 9bit How'd you come up with doing your changes and do you know any threads on controller stuff?
If you haven't seen it yet, this was my explanation of how I made my own spacers.

The click you feel when depressing the shoulder buttons comes from little rubber membrane pads, same goes for all the face buttons and the d-pad. I'm not sure how you can go about wearing them down to make the click less pronounced, but it is very easy to switch the membranes out from other controllers if you have some that feel better. You may also be able to modify the rubber pad to the point that it doesn't click at all. It would take some experimentation probably, though, so you'd want to have a surplus of them.

Basically I just took all the best parts from all the controllers I had lying around. I just went with whatever felt best. In that regard you could go around used game stores that have controllers and test out all the shoulder buttons. If you find one that feels like what you're looking for you can buy it and pretty easily transfer parts from it to your main controller to replicate that feeling.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Metaknight had done well for me when the fight goes to Final Destination. Helps with my problems there as Charizard.

Use Yoshi more Kinky. It would just tickle my coccyx.
I am still thoroughly convinced that Yoshi is ridiculous. If not for the risk of getting stupidly 0-deathed by Wolf or Lucas with no learning happening, I'd gladly try and pick him up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom