• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Life

Smash Hero
Type: Null looks like the Pokemon take on a freaky genetic expirement and I love it, don't get the colon though, why not call it like Typenull or something idk

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the one with the hyphen (although I guess people remember Ho-oh exists, and like Ho-oh you need the hyphen or something there to show how to pronounce it)

SM is really breaking the mold on Pokemon names though which is cool I guess if a little weird

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
new pokemon designs look great actually, thoroughly impressed with the fact that gamefreak is coming up with interesting concepts after all these years

the ub-01 looks cool but I hope that the UB isn't some weird memey thing that'll cause pokemon to jump the shark like all the weird ways to summon monsters did to yugioh

Bleck

Smash Master
I've always liked all new pokemon designs but this generation is something special

CORY

wut
BRoomer
8am classes are so horrible. I'm so tired and I have class until 2 and then work. Hopefully I can sleep at some point. ;_;
yeah, i have an 8 am lab that i need to get up at around 645 or so to get ready for, then immediately followed by lecture til 1220, then i have to go to work (which means go do homework and eat lunch until 330, then work til midnight).

not as long a schoolday, but it's still not fun : / at least work has been pretty slow and easy for a while.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I just finished my summer internship, and I still have 2 weeks before classes start. I'm not really looking forward to it.

Honestly I would love to just continue working and go in full-time where I was at my internship. I'm taking a couple extra quarters before I graduate, otherwise they would've given me a full-time offer, too. They did offer me an internship position next year, though, so I should be able to jump off of that into full-time if that's what I end up wanting to do.

Working feels a lot more rewarding than school. I mean obviously there's the "gaining money instead of losing it" aspect, but I feel like I'm actually doing something, and I feel like I'm learning more while doing it anyway. I feel like most of the 2nd half of a 4-year CS degree is just learning hyper-specific bits an pieces that you might use if you go into that exact field. But I went into my internship with no experience in JavaScript or JQuery, and very very limited knowledge of HTML and CSS, and that's all I did, and I just learned on the job. The knowledge I've gained since the first half of my CS degree felt pretty wholly irrelevant. And I'm actually doing ****. Like I made changes, albeit small changes, that have been seen by hundreds of thousands of people. That's pretty neat.

Can I just keep doing that?

Also I'm pretty excited for this Pokemon game, despite being kind of disappointed by X/Y.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
All i hope for at this point is that sm has a bw story instead of that kiddy **** from xy

Y gets off a little bit tho cause at least lysandre is trying to do something harmful instead of making erryone immortal

Bleck

Smash Master
I didn't think anything negative of it at the time, but now that I try to think back on it, I can't remember XY at all, so I guess the story was kinda bleh.

Wait, I do remember something - spending way too much time being lost in ****ing Lumiose City.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I didn't think anything negative of it at the time, but now that I try to think back on it, I can't remember XY at all, so I guess the story was kinda bleh.

Wait, I do remember something - spending way too much time being lost in ****ing Lumiose City.
Cliffnotes XY:

Wake up, day you're getting starter pokemon, yay

Get to location, meet friends, they're all annoying as **** and have cardboard personalities, think you'll be lucky and not be around them much butNOPE gotta go through forest together.

Rollerskating woooooo-why do all the routes up to the 4th gym literally have the same wild pokemon?!

Lysandre strolls up lion as **** n ****, talks to Sycamore (who totally knows whats going on) but never reports him to the police or anything cause he's busy being sexy.

More unmemorable gym leaders and friend encounters that make you want to throw the 3ds, at least you get to laugh at the stupid looking flare grunts though.

Finally find out what Team Flare is up to, in X look at Lysandre and wtfbbq cause he tries to make everyone immortal, in Y be like "oh ****" because out of nowhere (in story anyway) Lysandre is legitimately trying to kill you

Take care of that ****, bag the legendary, move on to e4, get to champ (omg diantha was the champ all along, what a surprize), listen to her awful garbage theme while you bash her pokemon even though you're 10-12 levels under them.

Then your save file corrupts cause you never updated and saved in lumiose like a fool

Player -0

Smash Hero
I wish he had anything but his weird tripping shine, and that laser wasn't punishable from across the stage.
Both are situational so it sucks.

I can't believe they didn't make the air lasers just shorter in distance and not quite autocancel (+5 frames of land lag or thing).

I think main problem is neutral game with Falco is reallllyyy ugggghhhhh. You can't really thing besides space Bair and he's slow AF for a space Bair character.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Both are situational so it sucks.

I can't believe they didn't make the air lasers just shorter in distance and not quite autocancel (+5 frames of land lag or thing).

I think main problem is neutral game with Falco is reallllyyy ugggghhhhh. You can't really thing besides space Bair and he's slow AF for a space Bair character.
I get the feel that lasers/shine were supposed to compensate for his movement, but they really overestimated projectiles in smash 4, probably because of Brawl.
Maybe if it just had good shield stun, or if it was at least fast enough startup wise to read and steal someone's jump. As it, you can't really approach or use it defensively. It's a FFA and spam while their offstage kind of move. His shine is ok, just kind of lame for both players.
Honestly if he just had a very slow laser, or his air mobility let him retreat effectively. Falco just comes out annoying or lame/UP in a Smash 4 environment tho.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Cliffnotes XY:

Wake up, day you're getting starter pokemon, yay

Get to location, meet friends, they're all annoying as **** and have cardboard personalities, think you'll be lucky and not be around them much butNOPE gotta go through forest together.

Rollerskating woooooo-why do all the routes up to the 4th gym literally have the same wild pokemon?!

Lysandre strolls up lion as **** n ****, talks to Sycamore (who totally knows whats going on) but never reports him to the police or anything cause he's busy being sexy.

More unmemorable gym leaders and friend encounters that make you want to throw the 3ds, at least you get to laugh at the stupid looking flare grunts though.

Finally find out what Team Flare is up to, in X look at Lysandre and wtfbbq cause he tries to make everyone immortal, in Y be like "oh ****" because out of nowhere (in story anyway) Lysandre is legitimately trying to kill you

Take care of that ****, bag the legendary, move on to e4, get to champ (omg diantha was the champ all along, what a surprize), listen to her awful garbage theme while you bash her pokemon even though you're 10-12 levels under them.

Then your save file corrupts cause you never updated and saved in lumiose like a fool
6th gen is booty butt cheeks what else is new?

ilysm

sleepy
I definitely relate to circumstantially forcing myself to do healthy things

also the way I see it I'd get up that early anyhow, but probably wouldn't do anything productive with that time, forcing me to address all my responsibilities in the afternoon, which is no fun.

But early morning classes absolutely do suck regardless.

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Tfw you had two days dedicated to crossing bodies of water and had to freeze yourself in the sea for 40 mins with clothes on to practice survival things. **** sucked balls, hypothermia is a bad time. Other than that it was pretty fun. Wet suits and rafts from sticks and bags and canoes and sleeping under the sky.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Tfw you had two days dedicated to crossing bodies of water and had to freeze yourself in the sea for 40 mins with clothes on to practice survival things. **** sucked balls, hypothermia is a bad time. Other than that it was pretty fun. Wet suits and rafts from sticks and bags and canoes and sleeping under the sky.
marines?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
tfw you accidentally find one of Mech's signature shade tosses after just joining Twitter.

Some things just can't be escaped from.

So...I'd like to ask what's new with you guys but, from the looks of it, it's just life and school. o^o

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Do they have Jury duty in Finland?

Does a working knowledge and refutation of deontological ethics make me more or less cute to girls I like?
No jury duty. I can't remember the exact details, but I don't think we even have juries here. Just to make sure, you mean the juries that say guilty/not guilty that you see in courtroom dramas etc.?

You're asking questions about being cute to a guy that's been surrounded by sweaty guys for 2 weeks straight. I've started finding spiders cute these last few days.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
No jury duty. I can't remember the exact details, but I don't think we even have juries here. Just to make sure, you mean the juries that say guilty/not guilty that you see in courtroom dramas etc.?

You're asking questions about being cute to a guy that's been surrounded by sweaty guys for 2 weeks straight. I've started finding spiders cute these last few days.
Monster Mesumeme.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Spiders can be cute

but the boat house I work out of has a black widow problem

nothing is cute about sitting into a kayak and feeling unsure if you cleaned it out completely or not

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
why did Kaname Tōsen have a Resurrección
Maybe it was Hogyoku Experimentation; his Resurrecion's name includes the name of his Zanpakuto Suzumushi after all, and Arrancars are Hollows with Shinigami powers, so engineering the reverse (instead of being born such like Ichigo) isn't too out there

Top Bottom