• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Did you eat sweets? Sometimes I eat some after getting home and once I've burned the sugar around 6 I pretty much can't lift a finger.

Then I learn not to do that.

Then I forget and do it again.

Also have you slept enough?

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'm so tired and/or exhausted in the afternoon lately. Any ideas why or how to at least be less exhausted? I'm not doing any major physical labor so idk why I'm like this
I don't eat sweets. I generally get 6-7 hrs of sleep
do you have a mostly consistent schedule? if so, what do you normally do before you get so tired? like, is it "i get home, i eat lunch, then i just want to pass out fml" or anything like that?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
do you have a mostly consistent schedule? if so, what do you normally do before you get so tired? like, is it "i get home, i eat lunch, then i just want to pass out fml" or anything like that?
It's mostly consistent and yea its like that. I spend most of my time in front of a computer or tracing and cutting things (work I do for family business but it's not very labor intensive for the most part). I don't exercise at all.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Your diet prolly sucks or your sleep is timed poorly (interrupting cycles can be worse than waking up a bit earlier). Try to sleep in multiples of 1.5 hours if you can, I go for 7.5 or 9 hours most nights, leaning toward 9. Not exercising actually makes you less likely to have energy tbh.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It's mostly consistent and yea its like that. I spend most of my time in front of a computer or tracing and cutting things (work I do for family business but it's not very labor intensive for the most part). I don't exercise at all.
hrmmmm.... what's your schedule like before you feel like crashing? you might be eating something heavy or really starchy.

i'd also recommend doing some light exercise during the day if you're actually spending most of your time sitting in front of a computer. like, get up and walk around the block for 10 minutes every couple hours. do some more intensive muscle engaging stretches.

lack of exercise probably isn't what's making you crash, but it'll help up your energy level a bit.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Also doing no physical labor/working out will make you tired.

Try going to the gym and swimming or running for 20 minutes.
I've personally taken a liking to the karate course at my college, and an hour of that has me feeling GREAT. I've kinda blown out my shoulders from the training, but that's definitely attributable to me not keeping proper posture during the exercises. Honestly, I recommend picking up a sport for each semester. It's go me feeling like a million bucks again.

standardtoaster standardtoaster , do you doos the sports in collage?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I've never been a part of any sport. I have really bad joint issues from Ehlers Danlos. I'll be taking a fitness course one of these semesters so that should at least force me to be active for a semester haha.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Just bought Alpha Zylon cause it's on sale for 54 cents and I enjoyed the run at AGDQ so much
It's time for SPEED TECH

Helsong

Smash Ace
standardtoaster standardtoaster
I use a standing desk when I have to do work on my computer, and it's pretty awesome. Super recommended, and it's overall more healthy for you, though I'm not sure if/how your joint issues would interact with that. I spend roughly....like 10 hours or something in front of a computer working or doing homework. It's friggin terrible for me, but at least I'm not sitting the entire time. Maybe look into that, sitting down too much certainly can't be good when combined with an inactive lifestyle.

Otherwise, sleep well, eat well, try to be at least a little active like everyone else is saying. Makes your mind sharper, too.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
3 hours of sleep almost every day and I think I might not die any time soon

Player -0

Smash Hero
I've personally taken a liking to the karate course at my college, and an hour of that has me feeling GREAT. I've kinda blown out my shoulders from the training, but that's definitely attributable to me not keeping proper posture during the exercises. Honestly, I recommend picking up a sport for each semester. It's go me feeling like a million bucks again.

standardtoaster standardtoaster , do you doos the sports in collage?
Move your whole body instead of just your shoulder in a fluid motion. One of your instructors has probably already mentioned this.

Also you can keep your elbows bent very slightly when punching to not blow out your elbows. Also probably stretching but yeah.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Lol I've basically accomplished all of my New Years resolutions except for working on my pet projects. Which was more extra. Lol.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It's only been a month.

What kind of resolutions did you set?
Really general ones.
Dress Better, Do better in school (I'm doing homework, studying material before class), Get Sleep (go to bed earlier and wake up earlier), Work out consistently (including swim at 6:00 am before class), Be more professional in my perspective. I guess those aren't really goals, because I have to consistently succeed at them over the rest of forever, but I just have lots of momentum and I don't think I'm stopping. I feel pretty committed and habitual in doing these things. I've definitely progressed significantly.

TL;DR I was expecting that I'd break down and give up on all my plans for self improvement.
I think now that I have the momentum and commitment I'll set less subjective goals.
I'm curious if he asked his crush out yet or if that's a pet project.
Crush was more of a sub-category of social and we are friends now. She is kinda boring personality wise and some other guy is probably after her. I'll probably give the chocolate to my 77 yr old APUSH teacher, she's the real bae. Just realized I'm basically a prep now.

****. My actual resolution was "become a prep" this whole time.

I almost forgot the most important one. I sacrificed my humility for success. Now my ego is consuming everything.

My pet project is make a dumb game, like I've been meaning to but it is lowest priority. I'll probably do it now because I don't have to worry about making friends as much. Because I'm in the friend group I wanted to.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I might try biking 40 miles tomorrow one way.

Alternatively I won't wake up or I'll get jumped by parents.

Hopefully I don't get run over. Updates later.

I'm probably not real.

D

Deleted member

I might try biking 40 miles tomorrow one way.

Alternatively I won't wake up or I'll get jumped by parents.

Hopefully I don't get run over. Updates later.

I'm probably not real.
bikes are dumb

cars hate you and your legs will too

Player -0

Smash Hero
bikes are dumb

cars hate you and your legs will too
Cars hate him. Find out this one simple trick to become truly strong. Also I'm still awake so idk if doing.

Also Soft Serve Soft Serve 's thing was being really dumb so it looks fairly dumb but I'm DONE SO I GOT BARS. NOPE DON'T ASK HUN, IT'S ALREADY WAY PAST ONE. I WAS GUNNING TO SLEEP BEFORE THE SUN CAME UP BUT NOW I GUESS I'VE TRULY HIT THE BOTTOM RUNG.

Okay so here's the file. It should be big enough to put straight into Smashboards.

Edit - wow it looks even worse flipped. Maybe I should've gone with the flatter further back bottom part.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom