• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Censorship bad. Feature removal bad. Artistic integrity is a must.
I know NoA tryna be ultra safe and they're a bunch of scaredy cats who don't want to risk any business, but that's not important to me as a consumer. And, frankly, it's bad business.

Business in general has a risk-averse attitude, as does every person on Earth.
Businesses have recently been leaning towards safety and away from innovation. Interestingly, they've also been leaning more towards regulatory capture too.
Yet it's demonstrated time and time again that the innovators are the ones who make the big bucks off the bat. I'd be willing to take a lot more risk if it meant my products might be a deal better too.

In the case of Xenoblade X, Sims 4 and Star Trek Online have insane (ly feature rich / intuitive) body customization, demonstrating it can succeed. Nintendo, though, wants to brand itself differently, perhaps as family friendly. A mistake.
I was listening to the CinemaSins podcast, and they told the story how Disney let creative visionary directors make the Mahvel franchise great in movies, and now recently they're reigning in said directors because they've got a huge brand (see, Antman and Age of Ultron with the consensus being they're generally worse movies).
On another note, Twitter tryna protect from the libs and they power, but it fallin (stock wise too). Yiannopoulos is the man. The homosexual Catholic man. Did you know you could get de-verified?

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
it's bad business to embarrass a huge chunk of people out of buying your game just so it can pander to sperglord pedophile otakus
i'm going to use huge extremes as well and say that anyone who says they won't buy the game because of that feature are people who weren't going to buy the game in the first place

did i win?

it really depends on the "huge chunk of people" actually buying the game vs the group who doesn't give a ****

i doubt many are not going to buy it because of those features being in the game and i also doubt that most of that group would change their mind if they took it out for the NA release only

i think most people fall under the line of not caring that much about it or wanting it to be equal to the jp version for parity's sake

with that being said i don't care either way i would never buy the game regardless of what's in it. this isn't the best example because i dislike the new fe fates stuff as well but i feel like a lot of these "public outcry of a jp game causes removing/censoring stuff in localization" situations are happening because the complainers are not ready to accommodate for a different culture/political climate then what they're used to

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Any of you losers going to CCS this weekend
honestly I don't even know what that is but if it's a tourney near me then I'm definitely interested

i'm going to use huge extre
yeah I don't care, everybody can mention "different cultures" and "freedom of speech" and "artistic integrity" all they want but it doesn't change the fact that ultimately what they're defending is at best creepy and stupid and worthless

Bleck

Smash Master
he moved there a while ago, before that he used to live somewhere pretty close to me iirc

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
honestly I don't even know what that is but if it's a tourney near me then I'm definitely interested

yeah I don't care, everybody can mention "different cultures" and "freedom of speech" and "artistic integrity" all they want but it doesn't change the fact that ultimately what they're defending is at best creepy and stupid and worthless
can i see your qualifications? i only listen to those with a phd in "japanese creepiness"

i also request to see any published papers on the matter. i want an expert opinion, is all.

seriously tho, like i said i don't really care about the stuff in fe fates that **** is pretty dumb for a tactical rpg. give me waifus but none of this petting stuff. i was speaking more in a general sense with that last bit of my last post

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I wanted FE amie to exist so that when I let my troops die; the last tender touch they remember would have been mine.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I really didn't care either way as I didn't plan on buying the game regardless, but I kinda have to agree with Bleck and Binary on this. Why is it even there to start with? It's ****ing weird.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
In other news I just spent 1hr looking for opinions on the witness and have found out it is quite literally 40 hrs of the same type of puzzle, just with slight progressive variations

Not sure how I feel about this

Helsong

Smash Ace
Started playing Digital Devil Saga in my free time.

Holy ****, this music. I thought Nocturne, P3, and P4 had good music, but this game just hits a really good spot in being atmospheric and awesome. I think it might be my favorite of Shoji Meguro's work.
The normal battle theme kicks ass.
The boss theme kicks ass.

Every song in this game kicks ass. Why did I ever not beat this game.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
it's bad business to embarrass a huge chunk of people out of buying your game just so it can pander to sperglord pedophile otakus
Well
If you mean pedophilia as an attraction to underage people, I'll admit that, but if you're using it to mean sexual attraction to prepubescents, I dare say that all the characters pettable in that game are undergoing or are post-pubescent.
Even Nyx (youngest female physically?) has prominent secondary sex characteristics (dose hips doe).

Judging from the pre orders, they didn't seem too embarrassed. The popularity of such trivial games as Huniepop and trashy Sakura whatever on Steam, and the acceptability of stuff like Sims (which lets you roleplay as an avatar and have sexual encounters), I'd hazard to say that most people would either just avoid that topic of conversation about the game, are ignorant of it, hide it, say they don't use that part / don't care, and or actually don't care enough.
Edit: which leads me to the point: I think this will be a net loss to sales as the "hardcore" or the filthy otakus or those who care about "artistic integrity" will likely drop their purchase, and I believe that number to be greater than what they gain by being more 'family friendly.' But I'm not a rapper. And neither are you, so all we can do is speculate about broader societal and demographic trends.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm considering going to smash 'n splash 2, who else is going?
I'm considering it. Its in the summer right?

Cross country road trip to smash n splash would be lit

(Or I could just fly, would be cheaper probably lmao)

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing my best to make sure that I can go, right now looks like a yes but who knows

Top Bottom