• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD HOLY **** STREET FIGHTER 5 MADE IT INTO EVO THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Xrd Revelator made it in. I am satisfied. Everything else is just a little bonus.

edit: lol pokken

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
That sweet Nintendo cash must have been pretty tempting to have 3 games from them on the lineup.

Hopefully that cash didn't come with a "no PM side event allowed", but who knows if Nintendo money is even involved.

But 3 out of the 9, man...

Helsong

Smash Ace
Reminder that P1 has to play with looking at the Wii U gamepad in Pokken
Nah, they said they're using two WiiU setups in LAN, which should avoid that issue. Still, I wasn't aware this game had even a scene at a local/regional level.
I'm hoping it turns out to be decent at least.

But with GG, SFV, Melee, and Smash4 there...I might just try to save up for this year. Is there a limit on how many events you can enter? I might go for all 4 of them for ****s and giggles, even if I absolutely suck at all 4.
Sad Persona had to go, that was a lot of fun last year.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
In only vaguely unrelated news in a thread dedicated to that very thing.....DnD's pretty coo. I didn't manage a job at the local comic/card shop, but I did manage to get into the inner circle of Chico's main DnD venue. Like really, I think this have kinda eclipsed even my respect for video games. It's real damn fun, even tho me and my friend no absolute **** about the inner systems of it.

Also, I came into cash money. I getta make a bank account, buy some gaming dice, a dice bag, and maybe get fates before I miss this game's initial strats etc. yee.

Helsong

Smash Ace
In only vaguely unrelated news in a thread dedicated to that very thing.....DnD's pretty coo. I didn't manage a job at the local comic/card shop, but I did manage to get into the inner circle of Chico's main DnD venue. Like really, I think this have kinda eclipsed even my respect for video games. It's real damn fun, even tho me and my friend no absolute **** about the inner systems of it.
DnD(and tabletop RPGs in general) are an absolute ton of fun, but you really have to have the right play group. People enjoy these in different ways, and the great thing is how flexible your experiences can be with them. I played 3.5e for a long time. I'm considering getting into 5e, but not sure yet.

Get deep enough, and you'll start exploring other systems, which gets super fun as you begin noticing certain development paths. For example, most any system based using DnD as a foundation is probably going to be unbalanced, or have design decisions that don't quite make sense anymore, just due to grandfathered ideas. But until you get that deep(and most people don't), it's still super enjoyable, and still is afterwards, so long as you ignore some stuff. But again, that's also really dependent on your play group. My group isn't munchkins, but we're very very good at finding holes and exploits in systems.

Pathfinder was the most fun out of d20 for me. Better balance than DnD, but it's power curve is ridiculous if you don't reign people in. Led to a campaign in which the entire party was overpowered, and we murdered the Tarrasque no problem. We stopped playing d20 systems after that, but man was it one hell of a ride.

Also Dexterity is the most useful stat, period. Dex is dumb. Dex is God.
Agile weapon modification is the dumbest thing ever. Wanna use Dex for Attack, AC, and Damage? Sure you can!
#Balanced

D

Deleted member

Go ahead, call them. I don't care. Eevees and their eeveelutions are garbage, choose a real Pokemon
the reason i liked the pokemon umbreon is partly because it looked cool to me when i was 14 when gold/silver came out, but also partly because it doesnt do anything except make every match go for an extra 100 turns (incidentally this is also why celebi was banned for GSC, not because it's too good). so i like it but it's also just a big asshole. hilariously, when i met cactuar in 2006, he told me the exact same thing for his character- he partially liked it for what it was, but also because in its own game cactuar is a massive douche. at this point i've had this tag for 15 years and it's mostly just something i accept as part of my history rather than actually having been my favorite pokemon for 5 gens.

Bleck

Smash Master
surprised that they dropped SF4 so quickly, pleased that melee and smash 4 are still there, surprised and pleased that pokken is there

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
DnD is great. I went to a one-shot night on Saturday that one of my friends ran. He's trying to start up a tabletop club, but it's technically not official yet, so technically it was an eSports Club sponsored event, since I just wanted to see it happen.

It was super fun. The one shot I did ended up being fantastic. It was in a Star Wars setting, set just before the original trilogy.

But damn is that system broke af. Especially if you start doing PvP stuff. There's literally a Force Teleport (fold space) that can go ridiculous distances (in our campaign, one guy used it to escape almost 200 feet away in a forest, away from combat, and then also used it to teleport into a starfighter to steal it). Force Push also does ridiculous amounts of damage, and because everyone has "Force Points" that you can use to add a D6 to any D20 roll as many times as you want for each point you spend you can basically 1-shot anything in the game with it, or at least make it a non-threat for a while.

The party was so dumb that someone in the party, as level 3 characters, decided to challenge a bull rancor which is faster than any of us and has more HP than anyone combined, and also has HP regen, and could kill any of us with a single hit. We were on top of a spire, so one of our force sensitive users used Force Push on a ****ing bull rancor, which is a gargantuan object, and threw it over his head, off the spire and all of us escaped without being damaged by it. It was incredibly badass though.

Around when that happened, my character was betrayed by a (dark) jedi who threw him off a giant tree. I managed to grab onto vines/branches in another tree, and as I was falling, snipe him with my heavy blaster pistol. Our other force-sensitive, on the spire with the bull rancor, saw the betrayal (he had massive perception because of the mon calamari race bonuses) and shot him from the spire, very nearly killing him (he should've gone unconscious, actually, but the GM cheesed it out that he stayed just conscious to keep things more interesting). The dark jedi teleports away, running back to our ships.

The Force sensitive chucks the bull rancor off the spire and everyone hauls ass out. We head back towards the ships. The dark jedi is trying to collect the bounty on my head (I'm a smuggler), dead or alive, but his initial plan to kill me failed. So we run back to our freighter and 2 fighters to find that he's already flying overhead in one of the fighters. I immediately book it into the forest, and he tempts the scoundrel in the party to his side by promising her half the bounty. She accepts on the condition I be kept alive. The Force-sensitive and his super battle droid (he has one that was decommissioned after the clone wars) are opposed, but don't have much power, since the dark jedi is preventing them from reaching the ship.

She chases me into the forest, but that means the dark jedi can't afford to blind fire to try to hit me. Eventually he allows the scoundrel to get into the 2nd fighter, despite not quite trusting her. He manages to spot me and starts chasing me in the fighter, giving the force sensitive and his droid the opportunity to reach the freighter.

Despite my full cover in the forest, he manages to shoot me with the fighter's blasters, and I go unconscious. The dark jedi and scoundrel land near me, and the scoundrel reaches me first, cuffing me and taking me towards her fighter. She doesn't trust the dark jedi, but maintains that she'll share the bounty. The dark jedi won't hear it, though, and folds space to teleport me into his fighter. Furious, the scoundrel leaps back into her fighter, taking off and firing on the dark jedi.

As he begins to return fire, they see something absurd - the freighter, which has no offensive capabilities, is coming towards them... with a super battle droid strapped to the roof, blasting his wrist cannons at the dark jedi. I manage to regain consciousness in the back of the dark jedi's fighter. After sustaining heavy damage to his shields and his ship, the dark jedi's fighter goes down to a final blast from the scoundrels cannons - with me still inside.

The moment the canopy is breached, the force sensitive, while piloting the freighter, force lifts me out of the back seat of the exploding fighter, flinging me into the sky, then swoops down in the freighter as the super battle droid catches me out of the air, saving my life as the dark jedi is engulfed in a fiery death.

It was great.

Then we found out the force-sensitive had actually discovered that he had a connection to me - my parents were jedi (though I was not) - and the force-sensitive was trained primarily by someone whose teacher had been my mother. Finding out this connection, and being in debt to him, the two of us changed our identities and decided to find a place with a little less adventure to live in peace and quiet.

And they found the perfect place

the nice green diplomatic planet of Alderaan

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
SF4 was likely dropped because of the huge crossover between it and SF5. They're both 2000+ player games and the amount of overlap would be like 90%. Huge hassle for time and equipment so I understand why it wasn't in the lineup. Still sucks though

CORY

wut
BRoomer
DnD is great. I went to a one-shot night on Saturday that one of my friends ran. He's trying to start up a tabletop club, but it's technically not official yet, so technically it was an eSports Club sponsored event, since I just wanted to see it happen.

It was super fun. The one shot I did ended up being fantastic. It was in a Star Wars setting, set just before the original trilogy.

But damn is that system broke af. Especially if you start doing PvP stuff. There's literally a Force Teleport (fold space) that can go ridiculous distances (in our campaign, one guy used it to escape almost 200 feet away in a forest, away from combat, and then also used it to teleport into a starfighter to steal it). Force Push also does ridiculous amounts of damage, and because everyone has "Force Points" that you can use to add a D6 to any D20 roll as many times as you want for each point you spend you can basically 1-shot anything in the game with it, or at least make it a non-threat for a while.

The party was so dumb that someone in the party, as level 3 characters, decided to challenge a bull rancor which is faster than any of us and has more HP than anyone combined, and also has HP regen, and could kill any of us with a single hit. We were on top of a spire, so one of our force sensitive users used Force Push on a ****ing bull rancor, which is a gargantuan object, and threw it over his head, off the spire and all of us escaped without being damaged by it. It was incredibly badass though.

Around when that happened, my character was betrayed by a (dark) jedi who threw him off a giant tree. I managed to grab onto vines/branches in another tree, and as I was falling, snipe him with my heavy blaster pistol. Our other force-sensitive, on the spire with the bull rancor, saw the betrayal (he had massive perception because of the mon calamari race bonuses) and shot him from the spire, very nearly killing him (he should've gone unconscious, actually, but the GM cheesed it out that he stayed just conscious to keep things more interesting). The dark jedi teleports away, running back to our ships.

The Force sensitive chucks the bull rancor off the spire and everyone hauls *** out. We head back towards the ships. The dark jedi is trying to collect the bounty on my head (I'm a smuggler), dead or alive, but his initial plan to kill me failed. So we run back to our freighter and 2 fighters to find that he's already flying overhead in one of the fighters. I immediately book it into the forest, and he tempts the scoundrel in the party to his side by promising her half the bounty. She accepts on the condition I be kept alive. The Force-sensitive and his super battle droid (he has one that was decommissioned after the clone wars) are opposed, but don't have much power, since the dark jedi is preventing them from reaching the ship.

She chases me into the forest, but that means the dark jedi can't afford to blind fire to try to hit me. Eventually he allows the scoundrel to get into the 2nd fighter, despite not quite trusting her. He manages to spot me and starts chasing me in the fighter, giving the force sensitive and his droid the opportunity to reach the freighter.

Despite my full cover in the forest, he manages to shoot me with the fighter's blasters, and I go unconscious. The dark jedi and scoundrel land near me, and the scoundrel reaches me first, cuffing me and taking me towards her fighter. She doesn't trust the dark jedi, but maintains that she'll share the bounty. The dark jedi won't hear it, though, and folds space to teleport me into his fighter. Furious, the scoundrel leaps back into her fighter, taking off and firing on the dark jedi.

As he begins to return fire, they see something absurd - the freighter, which has no offensive capabilities, is coming towards them... with a super battle droid strapped to the roof, blasting his wrist cannons at the dark jedi. I manage to regain consciousness in the back of the dark jedi's fighter. After sustaining heavy damage to his shields and his ship, the dark jedi's fighter goes down to a final blast from the scoundrels cannons - with me still inside.

The moment the canopy is breached, the force sensitive, while piloting the freighter, force lifts me out of the back seat of the exploding fighter, flinging me into the sky, then swoops down in the freighter as the super battle droid catches me out of the air, saving my life as the dark jedi is engulfed in a fiery death.

It was great.

Then we found out the force-sensitive had actually discovered that he had a connection to me - my parents were jedi (though I was not) - and the force-sensitive was trained primarily by someone whose teacher had been my mother. Finding out this connection, and being in debt to him, the two of us changed our identities and decided to find a place with a little less adventure to live in peace and quiet.

And they found the perfect place

the nice green diplomatic planet of Alderaan
Nerd

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
DnD is in deed great.

Although the most fun I've had playing table top RPGs (that weren't silly homebrew stuff) was a sci-fi/mecha build of GURPs. The mecha rules in gurps are amazing.

Bazkip

Smash Master

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Fam I wasn't serious. Assuming they're both pushing record numbers, they'd sooner drop MAHVEL.

I'm really iffy on Pokken, but maybe that's why they're doing 9 games instead of 8. If Pokken flops and they drop it, they'll still have just as many as last EVO

D

Deleted member

if Pokken got to EVO, I'm pretty sure Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 should have made it too :yeahboi:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Deep down, I was really hoping KOFXIV would be chosen as the 10th game
It's looking a lot better. If only the stages didn't look so lifeless. Some of them need spectators in the background getting hyped

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
012616.png

I didn't think I would get chosen but meeting the President and Vice President of San Diego State still seems like way out of my league...

That said, guys I need help.

So far on my list on things to bring up, it only consists of 3 points:

1. Introduction of new majors: Thuganomics, Strongology, and Strongonomics.
2. Changing the mascot from "Aztecs" to "Romans".
3. Make Hustle, Loyalty, Respect the new mission values for SDSU students/faculty.

How does my list look so far?

Also yay Sm4sh at EVO. Disappointed KOF14 didn't make it in. Confused as to Pokken making it.

Bleck

Smash Master
I just lost 8 games of league in a row

I'm starting what will probably be the ninth, followed swiftly by my being sorted into what I can only assume is Packing Peanuts V

edit: "what do you mean you couldn't carry a warwick top that fed six kills to a fiora in six minutes? you must be bad! it's silver for you!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom