• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
my question is why the tournament needs more sponsors than it had last year. were there any major problems due to lack of funding? i've heard of no such problems, so the only reason i can think of the need for more sponsors is the desire to give someone more money, be that the winners of the tournaments at the event or the TOs or what have you. Either way, selling out PM when you don't need to do it to fund the event means that PM has a price value. i want to know that price.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
my question is why the tournament needs more sponsors than it had last year. were there any major problems due to lack of funding? i've heard of no such problems, so the only reason i can think of the need for more sponsors is the desire to give someone more money, be that the winners of the tournaments at the event or the TOs or what have you. Either way, selling out PM when you don't need to do it to fund the event means that PM has a price value. i want to know that price.
Read this:
Generally a successful tournament series will get larger with every iteration, which means it costs more money to run.
Tournaments aren't stagnant things, if it's successful the first year expect it to be bigger the next, and the next. I suppose you could always put a player cap, but who would actually want that? Sure you could say, I'd prefer smaller tournaments, but most people would rather bigger, because it means bigger prizes and better competition.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
What they want and what they get out of all of this should be obvious.
A oversimplified but more or less accurate depiction of the situation.jpg:

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'll probably buy Xrd on Steam soon so I can waifu your waifu with my waifufuwai etc.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I mean, if you want to obsess over money, a 14 year old kid playing a guy based off of old portable games from 1980 got three thousand and seven hundred dollars this year for a single tourney

we're never getting heavy sponsor money, that's kind of a fact we should've learned many moons ago, but we have people who are willing to crowdfund for better competition, which holds up the fort well enough

also good evening, I can't think of something genuinely interesting to show you this time so have this instead

MLGF

Smash Lord
My mains in traditional fighters has always consisted of muscular, well toned, men who don't wear shirts (Akihiko, Bang, Gordeau, K'... I mean K' and Gordeau wears jackets I guess but they still count I think)
I don't know why, but something just naturally makes me feel inclined to play them...

VERY INCLINED

...because they're fun.
Perv

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It's pixel Smash for furries, I just don't get the appeal.
Being 2d is what "ruins" that and Smash Flash/Crusade for me. Airdashonline was looking to be a sexy game
It's just pivoting or dash pivoting in melee/PM. It's been known in melee probably for over a decade, and in PM since the beginning. PM actually has a more reasonable version where you press softly backwards on the control stick to trigger the pivot. You can also either turn off tap jump and hit the back upper corner to pivot, or already be holding A while dashing and hit the back upper corner on the cstick. All these things will trigger pivots in PM.

Also re: meteor canceling- Removing meteor canceling wouldn't break anything. Right now the only thing even good about meteors is they are usually COMPENSATED for meteor canceling with ridiculous hitboxes or greater strength. And then some meteors aren't compensated and all and they're just meh. Wolfs dair on aerial opponents is a meteor (on grounded opponents it's a spike) and it's ridiculously weak. I've had people jump out of pillar combos. That really AIN'T falco. It's really sad. ROB's dair is also pretty meh considering landing a slowish aerial that restricts drifting+falling requires a read usually. If you think there are "balance" problems if you remove meteor canceling, well they already exist lol. It'd be more reasonable to just remove the canceling and rework the stupidly enormous/powerful meteors, like falcon's/ganons meteors that extend a whole body width past their body and all the way up to their necks. Meteor canceling is a major hype killer. Remember that time sethlon got a sick combo on m2k that ended in a spike and took the stock? Me neither. Roy didn't even have a spike. m2k just meteor canceled that ridiculously strong move. Let's just ignore hitstun and what not. Makes sense.

Oh well. PMDev is ded. No more good design updates. RIP light shields and melee tethers and such, as well. Guess my wolf will just have to not dair or w/e.
Any high level coder out there still could come up with coding for stuff, and by that time legal trouble could pry have died down a bit as we just plainly go with that addition of code. Just like people even tried to get Magus' random 1-3 frame Brawl delay fix code to be used for Brawl.

The physics delay is most important to fix in my mind, I discover something new that it affects all the time: like rolling to an edge/ledge and going for a FP WD will kill you in PM when it won't in Melee (because of being instantly grounded).

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My mains in traditional fighters has always consisted of muscular, well toned, men who don't wear shirts (Akihiko, Bang, Gordeau, K'... I mean K' and Gordeau wears jackets I guess but they still count I think)
I don't know why, but something just naturally makes me feel inclined to play them...

VERY INCLINED

...because they're fun.
Perv
But do they look really really strong?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Oh baby, they look the strongest :3

...because they usually have great damage output.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Being 2d is what "ruins" that and Smash Flash/Crusade for me. Airdashonline was looking to be a sexy game
>Air Dash Online
>Sexy

Pick one. Sure it wasn't finished, but it was not looking sexy. I can at least see the appeal in RoA. AirDashOnline just looked like DeviantArt in 3D!

Also, 2D smash-like game would be dope.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
I am absolutely not positive how it happened, but apparently I cut my ass and now I can't stop bleeding. Send help before I bleed out.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Fortress Fortress Before anything else, wash your hands thoroughly. Then, go to the nearest sink. Clean it up with running water, use the sprayer if there is one, and be sure to use (mild) soap, because water on it's own only does so much. When it's not filthy anymore, apply pressure with slightly damp paper towels or something, but not ridiculous amounts. Dry with the dry part where needed, and rinse/repeat for 5-10 minutes. The blood-flow should cease quickly enough. Then, bandaids!

I would advise disinfecting the relevant areas later too, but whether you do that or not is your call to make.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Fortress Fortress Before anything else, wash your hands thoroughly. Then, go to the nearest sink. Clean it up with running water, use the sprayer if there is one, and be sure to use (mild) soap, because water on it's own only does so much. When it's not filthy anymore, apply pressure with slightly damp paper towels or something, but not ridiculous amounts. Dry with the dry part where needed, and rinse/repeat for 5-10 minutes. The blood-flow should cease quickly enough. Then, bandaids!

I would advise disinfecting the relevant areas later too, but whether you do that or not is your call to make.
Yeah, I'm just going to sit on the toilet and read hentai until I fall asleep or stop bleeding. I don't have a French butt-sprayer toilet.

Top Bottom