• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Reading the last two pages I missed was fun. Anyway

CORY CORY @Vashimus @Whoever this applies to
Honestly Core is worked well enough through heavier squats and deadlifts and extra supplementation is unnecessary as long as you maintain a good diet.

CORY CORY
I don't understand why you have Delt and Chest DOMs if yesterday was Leg day though. Benching is simple caveman **** though, pinch the bench with your shoulder blades, push your chest out, and keep your elbows tucked in/keep them steady to return to the same position throughout the rep.

@Whoever this applies to
I though most of you aspire for that femboy look which is literally just cardio and good diet. If you want a booty though you need to be pushing at least 185 for sets of 10.

In other news

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fcstik%2Fd-air I know it's just a meme song but dam, it's lit. Check that bass tho.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Reading the last two pages I missed was fun. Anyway

CORY CORY @Vashimus @Whoever this applies to
Honestly Core is worked well enough through heavier squats and deadlifts and extra supplementation is unnecessary as long as you maintain a good diet.

CORY CORY
I don't understand why you have Delt and Chest DOMs if yesterday was Leg day though. Benching is simple caveman **** though, pinch the bench with your shoulder blades, push your chest out, and keep your elbows tucked in/keep them steady to return to the same position throughout the rep.

@Whoever this applies to
I though most of you aspire for that femboy look which is literally just cardio and good diet. If you want a booty though you need to be pushing at least 185 for sets of 10.

In other news

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fcstik%2Fd-air I know it's just a meme song but dam, it's lit. Check that bass tho.
it was more "first time in the gym ever. let's get used to all the motions and make sure i know how to use all the stuff (they basically have a cube frame type deal and you can slide the bench in/out and then adjust the height of the rack and optionally use safety bars).

i'll keep the stuff on form in mind, though! i feel like my elbows were a bit too flared out still. next week i'll probably break things up better and do, like, bench press and (i think it's called) military press friday then squats and lunges saturday, then figure out what supplemental stuff would work to fit in to fill out the time (like bicep/tricep curls, etc...).

what's a good exercise for your back? does bench/military cover that? should i work my way up to, like, dead lifts or whatever they're called? is there something better that i'm unaware of?

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
You have a power rack in your apartment complex? Good ****, I'm jelly.
When your elbows are flared out while benching you place extra tension on your delts and less on your actual chest. Military press is a more advance technique I'd suggest you stay away from until you feel more comfortable, instead do dumbbell shoulder press.
Bench/Military don't hit your back at all haha, and deads are something you should implement from the beginning to get fixate your form for deads and squats as it's more a full body exercise but I prefer to do them on back as well.
I'm sure your gym will have a lat pull-down and a low row machine, you can also do single arm dumbbell rows and Wide grip pull-ups.

Edit:
CORY CORY
Yeah, basically military press is standing, but you could also do seated if you wish (easier on your core), but you have the bar on top of your chest/below neck relaxed, with a neutral grip (just past your shoulders and not too wide), elbows tucked in. When you press up you can either press straight up for reps while keeping your core tight, or you can opt to do olympic and roll your shoulder blades forward a bit, press your head forward and press up behind the head and back down in similar fashion.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, i think it has a pull down machine. didn't know if there was a good free weight/bar exercise for lats. i've mostly just done bodyweight and lightish free weight stuff, so i like engaging stabilizers and stuff, which is more prominent off machines, as far as i've heard.

and i might be mis-stating, but my understanding is the military press is starting with the bar on your chest (or right below your collarbone?) and then you push it straight up (without smacking yourself in the face, which i've avoided in my attempts, thusfar...) until it's over your head, then lower back to starting position.

if that's not the military press (and i'm too lazy to look it up right now, working on altering stuff while typing this in between) then that's what i've been referring to.

i'll probably look up some videos detailing proper form on stuff and bookmark them on my phone for next week when i go in, anyway.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
sigh I was working on physics/mineralogy homework all day and of course missed all of final boss
and I have to go to bed early because I have an 8am class, after which I have more class/lab/homework so I'm pretty much busy until tuesday evening

so i won't be able to watch vods until then

but I guess interesting things happened, a DK got second?

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
When I get into professional bodybuilding I'll make sure to have a headshot of my waifu printed on my thong so all the ******* know what's good.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Aztec CORE was amazing. Definitely never thought nipple rubbing would be my fall back character in performing a skit.

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu-

Went to the weight room at my apartment complex for the first time earlier today.

Is this what leg day actually feels like?

Feel the burn nerd.

ithen figure out what supplemental stuff would work to fit in to fill out the time (like bicep/tricep curls, etc...).

what's a good exercise for your back? does bench/military cover that? should i work my way up to, like, dead lifts or whatever they're called? is there something better that i'm unaware of?
FOUR SCOOPS C'MON

Also they're called Deathlifts brah.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Anime, pokemon, gay, melee, strong.

I have filled in the missing thread we don't need to post anymore.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I don't feel like we talk that much about pokemon here...
it's just that some of us simply are pokemon
irl
like seriously, I beat nerds up using a game cube controller with paws
and I can make cricket noises
I'm sure it's even harder for level hunna karp, get that fish a fight stick for smash

e;
anyways, dinner was really really bland today like
I had this weird really thick spinach and lentils thing, and all I tasted was the spinach
while my family was trying to eat some cows or something, whatever savages eat
and then they had potatoes and brussel sprouts as their side. So I took a little bit of the potatoes but damn

tl;dr I should stop letting my family make my dinner

Last edited:
Top Bottom