• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SunJester

Smash Ace
All I want for 2016 is to feel happy. 2015 was a complete bust in that regard.

I've upped my medication so hopefully that helps, it feels like it is so far.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Dark Souls is amazing. The only real complaint I have about it is has a few instances of wasting your time when there's no need for it. Also the archers of Anor Londo are horse**** and really poor design. actually i found anor londo to be the weakest part of the game

Other than that, it has the most satisfying combat of any game I've played. Really, truly, rewards you for exploring. You feel an incredible amount of accomplishment reaching a bonfire after a hard area, or beating a boss.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
And a crap storm is happening on Twitter right now for Genesis and players being floated into top 32 lmao.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
mfw I relate with Shizuo to the point that I'm actually a bit upset about it
I tried watching season 2 of durara but I realized it is boooooooooooooooooooorarararing

Also I watched inside out and it was actually super predictable. Now I just want to see the minds of some truly ****ed up people.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
if you have skullgirls add me on steam pls
AngeloJaeger
Get ready to receive your free wins by a guy who only button mashes as he plays Beowulf's Batman and Wolverine alts.
Also I watched inside out and it was actually super predictable. Now I just want to see the minds of some truly ****ed up people.
After watching The Good Dinosaur, Inside Out becomes a masterpiece. Same company yet two different films in terms of quality.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
On the other hand it's been shown that going public releases the same chemical response in your brain as if you had actually did the goal, making you less likely to complete it even if people check on you
I feel like nobody saw this. The important part is that telling people about your goal feels like accomplishing the goal to your brain, which lowers your drive to actually do whatever it was. You got the rush of accomplishment already. Telling everyone your resolutions makes it harder to complete them, which is why you should generally keep them to yourself.

The exception is really only when you're telling a group of people that is actually going to keep you accountable - not just friends, but people who have the same goal, or who are doing the same things. Trying to get in shape? Tell some other people you know that work out, join their workout group, or start one. Mutual accountability. But telling everyone you're gonna start working out this year god help you, you'll probably work out a week before dropping it.

That... seems pretty dumb. I'd be pretty annoyed to go to a large tournament just to be told that I wouldn't get to play against top players. If I can't play against those people, why am I even going? That's a huge part of the draw for many, many players that come to these tournaments that don't expect to get out of pools.

There are regionals I've gone to where I easily beat the entire pool besides the people that got out of the pool - those top seeds. If I hadn't gotten to play those guys that were that much better, it would've been pretty dissatisfying, and I probably wouldn't have bothered to go again.

I can see why they're doing it, in a way, but it doesn't really seem necessary, and seems more than a little detrimental.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Sony is a mixed bag. Of course, being a company that big, you almost have to be.
Glad to see you're lurking less.

Dark Souls is amazing. The only real complaint I have about it is has a few instances of wasting your time when there's no need for it. Also the archers of Anor Londo are horse**** and really poor design. actually i found anor londo to be the weakest part of the game

Other than that, it has the most satisfying combat of any game I've played. Really, truly, rewards you for exploring. You feel an incredible amount of accomplishment reaching a bonfire after a hard area, or beating a boss.
Dark Souls is garbo
Kidding, I've never actually played it
Tell that to the majority of Robin players who use Robin in tournament. I don't i use default male cause IDGAF.

Also Resolution hopefully get some fat off and go back to school.
The majority of Robin players are garbo and don't matter, including me. Especially me.

After watching The Good Dinosaur, Inside Out becomes a masterpiece. Same company yet two different films in terms of quality.
The Good Dinosaur is garbo.

But really what exactly happened, how did Pixar pump out two movies in one year? Did they just shove one movie onto their B-Team or something?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Guys, I found an indie fighting game called Cerebrawl that I might donate to which is something I've never done. Someone talk me out of it.

Also, Genesis's seeding is dumb yo.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
And a crap storm is happening on Twitter right now for Genesis and players being floated into top 32 lmao.
I completely understand it for Smash 4.
I think people are overreacting about it for Melee.

That... seems pretty dumb. I'd be pretty annoyed to go to a large tournament just to be told that I wouldn't get to play against top players. If I can't play against those people, why am I even going? That's a huge part of the draw for many, many players that come to these tournaments that don't expect to get out of pools.

There are regionals I've gone to where I easily beat the entire pool besides the people that got out of the pool - those top seeds. If I hadn't gotten to play those guys that were that much better, it would've been pretty dissatisfying, and I probably wouldn't have bothered to go again.

I can see why they're doing it, in a way, but it doesn't really seem necessary, and seems more than a little detrimental.
I mean they're only taking out 64 players. You'll still be playing top seeds of your respective pools if you manage to make it that far. Realistically speaking, you're very unlikely to be seeded near a top 64 player and get far enough in the tournament to actually play them, even less so if you're aiming for a specific player, and even less so if you don't make it past R2 or even R1. If you wanted to go to a tournament to play a tournament match against a player that high of caliber, I'd call it a poor investment just on how unlikely it'll happen.

If anything this new format makes it more likely to face top players MMs or friendlies since they'll have more time. ESAM for example said he'll set up a separate station where people could play him.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The Good Dinosaur is garbo.

But really what exactly happened, how did Pixar pump out two movies in one year? Did they just shove one movie onto their B-Team or something?
They originally had Bob Peterson direct the film who had a much larger cast and didn't include the raptors and T-Rexes that appeared in the final version. Pixar removed him from the film since the store became to complex and let Peter Sohn, a new director, take helm in order to direct a simpler film. The film was originally slated for 2014 but the director change and rewrite prompted a delay.

The story felt rushed with Arlo's father's death and the ending was unsatisfying.

You can read more on it here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-hill/by-thinning-the-good-dino_b_8738842.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Real-Reason-Good-Dinosaur-Changed-Directors-Mid-Production-86997.html

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
oh wow only person in the thread cool i guess
now that everyone's aslep
imma just go and say star wars was an 4/5
too many callbacks to a new hope
the new cantina scene being the most egregious
the dark side didn't really hhave any compelling bad guys
and the fact that they just made a bigger death ball
that could blow up like five planets at once or whatever
didn't really increase the tension
the lady stormtrooper ended up being such a nobody too