• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Finished part 4 of Jojos

can't believe during everything that happened Jotaro wrote his thesis. Holy crap how is JoJos so good

Lizalfos

Smash Master
homestuck is good

if you decide you don't like things because of other people who like it congratulations you're a dumb kid
I didn't I decided that it is a slow tedious read and half of the nonsense isn't funny nor does it progress the plot.
It is poor comedy and drama. I haven't read close to the whole thing but a good story should capture you near the beginning. Now if you don't mind Onepunch man seems to be picking up.

Also Season 5 of breaking bad keeps showing me I'm stupid for thinking all the lose ends were tied up in 4.

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Vacation with the inlaws went real well. On my way home tomorrow morning. Dunno if any of you saw this but I figured I might share something I saw that was cool.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Dark Souls is amazing. The only real complaint I have about it is has a few instances of wasting your time when there's no need for it. Also the archers of Anor Londo are horse**** and really poor design. actually i found anor londo to be the weakest part of the game

Other than that, it has the most satisfying combat of any game I've played. Really, truly, rewards you for exploring. You feel an incredible amount of accomplishment reaching a bonfire after a hard area, or beating a boss.
Not gonna lie, I've been using the bow a ton and none of the areas have seemed hard because of what I am assuming is mass amounts of cheese because a lot of enemies don't react at all when you snipe them

but i guess it skips the part where I don't look around for things to shoot for 30 seconds before really walking into a room, getting attacked from the back and dying while trapped between two enemies on a bridge...
yeah.
It's fun, but most of the bosses haven't felt that satisfying to me, like, I felt more satisfied on KH2FM lv 1 Crit mode

maybe I'll try a no range no vit run after

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
speaking of that, I actually really want a sort of chat to just talk about the damn game and spitball ideas and make myself less dumb about pm

the tierlist thread is the closest thing but that's unideal because well, it's the tierlist thread where no top players ever go.

basically I want a kind of running q and a chat that top players check that's open to discussion and questions idk that's probably impossible to get tbh
there's some attempt from time to time on the discord, because occasionally people are on, but it's about the same problem

i don't really know what else to say about it, most of my time has been spent just playing the game and pointing out bad logic when necessary

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

ganon ditto money-match w/ junebug vs. red ranger

PM ganon is still one of my all-time favs for character design in fighting games. like, top 5 GOAT at worst, all they did in the grand scheme of things was give him a tiny hover but it glued everything together so well

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I've been using the bow a ton and none of the areas have seemed hard because of what I am assuming is mass amounts of cheese because a lot of enemies don't react at all when you snipe them

but i guess it skips the part where I don't look around for things to shoot for 30 seconds before really walking into a room, getting attacked from the back and dying while trapped between two enemies on a bridge...
yeah.
It's fun, but most of the bosses haven't felt that satisfying to me, like, I felt more satisfied on KH2FM lv 1 Crit mode

maybe I'll try a no range no vit run after
Yeah, I think the range can really cheese out the game. I did it once against a part I was having a lot of trouble with, even though it was nice to beat it, it felt really unsatisfying. The only thing I really used a bow for after that was pulling enemies.

I like the melee option. It honestly feels like fighting Iron Knuckles in OoT/MM. They have big swing animations, you can hit them at any time, but its better to wait for them to be open, etc etc. I mean I can understand its not for everyone, but being able to read a boss's attacks and react accordingly sure makes me feel good.

But yeah, a melee only no vitality run would be pretty fun, just gotta fight the right gear.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
WIN_20151229_192507.JPG

behold the unholy double c-stick controller

which actually works really well to decrease hand pain and stress (for me at least) and gives you practice with fondling nipples

tbh I don't think I could go back to a traditional analog stick after using the nipples

Vashimus

Smash Master
I personally think that Demon's Souls was much more polished game than Dark Souls, though I do really liked the latter. Dark Souls has quite a few parts that were really cheap or just plain lazy, something you didn't really see in Demon's, or at least they did a much better job of hiding it. The Capra Demon encounter, the archers of Anor Londo, Seath killing you the first time you meet him, Bed of Chaos (or really the entirety of Lost Izalith), etc. Lowering the consequences of death was also little silly. Being in soul form in Demon's Souls was as bad as being cursed in Dark Souls, and sometimes you were forced to become human because you were that desperate for the extra health, defense and ring slot. In Dark Souls there's not much reason to become human unless you wanted to use the online. Being undead is supposed to be bad, yet there's no real penalty for it.

There were a lot of improvements that I liked (consumable healing items dropped for Estus Flasks, getting rid of the annoying tendency system, Metoidvania-style overworld), but for me we haven't gotten that perfect Souls game yet. Beautiful connected world that takes the best mechanics and design choices of each of the games, staying challenging but still fair. Dark Souls III is definitely moving in the right direction, and it could very well end up being the best in the series as long as they're not rushed.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Krey

But hypersonic online when?

CORY

wut
BRoomer

ganon ditto money-match w/ junebug vs. red ranger

PM ganon is still one of my all-time favs for character design in fighting games. like, top 5 GOAT at worst, all they did in the grand scheme of things was give him a tiny hover but it glued everything together so well
rip nair hitboxes, tho : (

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it's a ganon ditto, you can pretend nair doesn't exist and watch spaced fairs forever instead
ah, i just meant in terms of ganon himself. i haven't watched the ditto (and nair in the ditto wasn't ever as super useful as it was against the rest of the cast, yeah...).

CORY

wut
BRoomer
is ganon nair to autocancel jab still safe on shield or was it never and I'm just making things up
yeah, it's still... -2, iirc, with a perfect autocancel. if they try to do anything oos (except maybe... like, bowser upb? i don't know his framedata on it...) you should beat them with the jab. technically, you could grab them before they can grab you, which is lulzy.

the problem is nair now has **** 2 frame hitboxes, so it's just not a good plan to throw it out very often. this is more what the complaint was about. since we lost a lot of active frames you really should just be using it out, like, dthrow at low percent to get sick nasty damage and that's it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Top Bottom