• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Yo, Episode III is the second best in the series, and I'll fight you on that opinion. V > III > VI > IV > II > Haven't seen VII > I
Episode 3 is definitely a good movie.

I dunno if I can decide which one is the worst though. Episode 1 is bad, but 2 is such a bastardization of 5 that I think that makes me dislike it more.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Got started on Chivalry of a Failed Knight. Even though I expected it to be cute, frankly, I'm floored by how fast the warm and fuzzy feelings happened. And speaking of feelings, Ikki's lot in life is just...
Ikki with that total lack of generic harem protagonist density and Stella with dat understanding girlfriend tech, though.
I returned a lost dog tonight.
Well done. ...Now, I apologize in advance for nitpicking, but..
No hot anime mom to thank me though, sorry PMS.
When someone does the right thing, they shouldn't do it because they want to be thanked, they should do the right thing because it's right. In the event that one assists those whose need is greater than their own, they should hold no expectation of there being a tangible reward for the deed in question, because the sincere gratitude of those who were assisted ought to be worthy compensation all it's own.
...IMO, of course. I like trying to hold myself to absolutely ridiculous standards in this context, and that's most likely not up your alley. If you made some money off it, that's cool too.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
VII>VI>V>IV>III>II>I
you guys either don't know how roman numerals work, or how greater than signs work
10/10 post. Would lolz again.

And, PMS, be direct with me here. How creepy is it that I like throwing bugs in spiderwebs, then watching the ensuing struggle and almost assured spider victory?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
CORY CORY I won't bother with getting on your case as far as if it's 'creepy' or not, but, that said, the first thing that came to mind for me was that characters like Darkseid, Dio, Johan, Megatron, Palpatine, and many other utterly contemptible sorts across many mediums of fiction also end lives just because they can.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It was just something that popped into my head after I threw a small (presably juvenile) cricket into a spiderweb and was amused by how quickly the spider leapt into action. The only person on the shift with me tonight didn't gaf about it, though I do this often with little beetles that crawl around here when it's warmer.

Bazkip

Smash Master
tried using obs to record but i couldn't ever get more than 10 fps then i found something else to use

i can record in 720p 60fps with msi afterburner

Went to download it cause OBS lags when I record PM on Dolphin
Thought this was some kind of joke

Turns out they're just on version 4.2.0

I still feel like they did that on purpose though lol

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Might as well join the Christmas avatar party for awhile

EDIT: Also V>IV>VII>>III>VI>>I>>II

EDIT 2: Found a better avatar

Last edited:

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Uhh...

Gotta start looking for a Christmas avatar I guess?

Edit: Okay found it.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Went to download it cause OBS lags when I record PM on Dolphin
Thought this was some kind of joke

Turns out they're just on version 4.2.0

I still feel like they did that on purpose though lol
these are the settings i used btw. basically default but w/ ramerate limit on. my hotkey is shift+F5 but i guess i somehow cleared that when taking the pic lol

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Won my first guilty gear xrd match yesterday, am I good yet

Pad doesn't feel as bad as it did in usf4 to me, but sometimes I end up doing things I dont want to do. Like using Ky as an example I'll attempt to input a stun edge and a crouching slash comes out. I also keep forgetting about dust attacks a lot which is big especially for Ky. Fortress Fortress helped me out with approaches 2 days ago, with 6p and 2hs I end up screwing everyone I play against over because they dash in all the time, I still end up losing because I cant bnb under pressure yet (not that I can do them well without pressure lel). I bought a pad with hopefully a better dpad so I'm expecting getting some of the diagonal motions will be a little bit easier for me.

In other news since classes are over I've been either sleeping or playing vidjya and haven't been keeping in touch with any of the peeps I've been texting this semester, hope they understand I'm in my "I need to be as far away from the real world as possible right now" phase

Fortress

Smash Master
YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER
See, everybody (read: everybody) gives Hayden Christensen a lot of **** for how melodramatic and over-the-top his performance is, but, one thing nobody gets is that he is Vader at that point. He's talking just like Vader would. III is fantastic.

Won my first guilty gear xrd match yesterday, am I good yet

Pad doesn't feel as bad as it did in usf4 to me, but sometimes I end up doing things I dont want to do. Like using Ky as an example I'll attempt to input a stun edge and a crouching slash comes out. I also keep forgetting about dust attacks a lot which is big especially for Ky. Fortress Fortress helped me out with approaches 2 days ago, with 6p and 2hs I end up screwing everyone I play against over because they dash in all the time, I still end up losing because I cant bnb under pressure yet (not that I can do them well without pressure lel). I bought a pad with hopefully a better dpad so I'm expecting getting some of the diagonal motions will be a little bit easier for me.
Just continue to play on whatever's available. Just the fact that you're playing is enough. If you want to migrate to a stick eventually, that's fine, too. That's what I ended up doing, and there are plenty of good ones out there. If you do end up doing it, go with something like the TE2 series. Don't settle on a cheap stick as your first stick, or you'll just end up replacing it in a month. If your pad has both a stick and a dPad, use the dPad.

New players tend to have a horrible habit of airdashing in all of the time, especially after jumping back. Make them pay for it, and teach them to stay on the ground. Once you've got them sitting still, you can start playing the set on your terms. Don't worry about performing complex strings when you're being pressured. What you need to look for instead are opportunities to perform reversals. Ky's got some great moves for that, namely his DP (Vapor Thrust). When you're looking for opportunities to land these moves, you're looking for things that connect with your block that are 'unsafe'. This is where Dustloop Wiki will come in handy.

And for the love of God, read, read, read. Make sure to use those resources I posted.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hey did you guys see the new Kingdom Hearts trailer?

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Mansta Mansta
I FINISHED JOJO AHAHAHAH EVEN THE ALL THE ROHAN SPINOFFS IT WAS AMAZING

oh wait everyone is doing christmas profile pictures time to hit up windows paint

edit:one hunhed houors in paint

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
**** christmas lol
I agree with you but for financial reasons.
This Christmas we're flying to Florida from Cali to visit the woman's family. Already dropped 1.2 on roundtrip tickets, then we bought her family presents, not to mention the amusement parks/day trips we're going to while we're there. Then we still bought gifts for my family too ofc.
The only "pro" of this situation is that I convinced my family to get me a pair of Yves Saint Laurent hi-tops.

CORY CORY
My cousins and I would pick up spiders and make them fight to the death when we were children.

Last edited:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
See, everybody (read: everybody) gives Hayden Christensen a lot of **** for how melodramatic and over-the-top his performance is, but, one thing nobody gets is that he is Vader at that point. He's talking just like Vader would. III is fantastic.

Just continue to play on whatever's available. Just the fact that you're playing is enough. If you want to migrate to a stick eventually, that's fine, too. That's what I ended up doing, and there are plenty of good ones out there. If you do end up doing it, go with something like the TE2 series. Don't settle on a cheap stick as your first stick, or you'll just end up replacing it in a month. If your pad has both a stick and a dPad, use the dPad.

New players tend to have a horrible habit of airdashing in all of the time, especially after jumping back. Make them pay for it, and teach them to stay on the ground. Once you've got them sitting still, you can start playing the set on your terms. Don't worry about performing complex strings when you're being pressured. What you need to look for instead are opportunities to perform reversals. Ky's got some great moves for that, namely his DP (Vapor Thrust). When you're looking for opportunities to land these moves, you're looking for things that connect with your block that are 'unsafe'. This is where Dustloop Wiki will come in handy.

And for the love of God, read, read, read. Make sure to use those resources I posted.
My brother and I got the Qanba Q1 (~$70 for the stick) and we never had any issues. We only ended up replacing them when we bought RAP4 sticks when they were on sale.

Top Bottom