• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
if any of you ever want to make something absolutely delicious, here's a recipe for a semi-traditional Finnish Archipelago bread:

Ingredients:

1 litre butter milk
3 dl dark syrup
1.5 pieces of fresh yeast
1.5 tablespoons salt
3 dl malt
4 dl oat flakes
3 dl rye flour
10 dl wheat flour

Mix the butter milk and syrup and warm to hand temperature.
Pick in yeast.
Mix in the other ingredients.
Put the mix in cake tins etc. and cover with a cloth and let sit for an hour. Leave plenty of space for the dough to swell up. Like lots.
Bake in 150 degrees celsius for 1.5 hours.

Is absolutely delicious and goes incredibly well with salmon tartar and pickled fish.

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Well, since both of you posted Early Friday Morning I guess Twink Thursdays is out.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffu-
Tries to be nice
Ends up forced to make bread

I vote that we should have sexy sundays where we post attractive people doing attractive things, like fishing.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Jar jar

10 jar jars.

Somehow I got some parts of episode 7 spoiled. ****ing Onion article fb comments

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Not that the OT's script was amazing, but both the script and directing of the script were atrocious in I-III. They're not horrible movies but wow a better script could have done wonders for them.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Jar jar

10 jar jars.

Somehow I got some parts of episode 7 spoiled. ****ing Onion article fb comments
Episode 7 went too fast on some reveals I'm afraid, it was a bit disappointing in that respect. They were in too much of a hurry to give fans something to get excited about I feel. It's like 2h+ of fan-service.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't know why so many people say the prequels were bad
Like they have flaws but no more than the original trilogy I feel
The original trilogy is not perfect, but the prequels absolutely have more flaws than the originals, especially the non-special edition abortions that Georgie **** out back in the 90s. If you want to know exactly why the prequels are so hated, look up the Red Letter Media reviews of episodes I to III, it goes into details about why they not only fail as Star Wars movies but fail as movies in general, and the reviews are pretty entertaining.

Not that the OT's script was amazing, but both the script and directing of the script were atrocious in I-III. They're not horrible movies but wow a better script could have done wonders for them.
If having horrible directing and a horrible script is not enough to be a horrible movie, I don't know exactly what is. George Lucas had fantastic actors in his movies and he was getting horribly wooden performances from just about everyone except Ian Mcdiarmid, who was so ridiculous in the end that you couldn't help but love him.

Bleck

Smash Master
It's more sad and pitiful to use 5 letters of flavor text on the internet than it is to accuse people of being sad and pitiful for using 5 letters of flavor text on the internet?
yeah

I don't know why so many people say the prequels were bad
Like they have flaws but no more than the original trilogy I feel
It's because some really obnoxious nerds were disappointed that the prequels weren't literally machines designed to transform them into twelve year olds again, and everyone else latched onto their opinion because they're mostly incapable of actually thinking for themselves. Note how everyone (see above) who argues that the prequels are bad usually does so by linking to someone else's opinion.

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
I honestly thought the writing was bad and the story in the prequels didn't feel like a Star Wars movie, not to mention none of the prequels felt super connected to one another like the OT does

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It's because some really obnoxious nerds were disappointed that the prequels weren't literally machines designed to transform them into twelve year olds again, and everyone else latched onto their opinion because they're mostly incapable of actually thinking for themselves. Note how everyone (see above) who argues that the prequels are bad usually does so by linking to someone else's opinion.
I could elaborate, but they do a better job of explaining it than I would without going into a massive wall of text that nobody would want to read. There's a difference between that and not thinking for myself, though I'm pretty sure you're aware of that, it's just your nature that everything you post in some way or another is going to be somewhat inflammatory.

Bleck

Smash Master
There's a difference between that and not thinking for myself
Not really. Saying "I could paraphrase what these other people said, but I don't feel like it" is not really a compelling argument in favor of the idea that you believe something for reasons other than "this other person said so".

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Not really. Saying "I could paraphrase what these other people said, but I don't feel like it" is not really a compelling argument in favor of the idea that you believe something for reasons other than "this other person said so".
Try harder Bleck.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
But if I see the prequels first, wouldn't the OT then not feel like a star wars movie?
no because despite how hard Lucas tried to mirror the themes and plot points of the original trilogy they're just not the same movies.

Top Bottom