• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Or know when to back up and appreciate something for a second instead of taking something into your own hands without actually having a clue as to the deliberations that go into this.

But it looks like we're past that point.
Why do you think they didn't?
Why the need to in the first place?
I believe they know the risks and are accepting them.
And that's really strong.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Eh, you get used to it. Happens often enough that I can recognize when I'm awake for it or not, and then it's mostly just 10 minutes of "oh, I can't move, oh well". Still toying around with the dreams themselves though, I can control my own actions but I can't affect the dreamscape itself yet.
That's where I'm at now, to be honest I don't know if I want to change the dreamscape just yet. I can realize I'm dreaming and can make slight adjustments but can't force myself to break out of it. Most of the time I'm dreaming about things that happened recently, or new stories in my fanfiction universe. One dream in particular gave me the idea for an entirely new universe with a setting and world lore. Unfortunately it gave me no ideas on what the story would actually be about lmao

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet
I love project M and whatever happens, we really can't split up the scene. Can we trust ripple and the other ****** to make a good update, or not? We're gonna have to pick one version and stick with it. I know for a fact it shouldn't divulge majorly from 3.6, but our problem is how much it should, if at all. This is gonna be divisive as ****. But we should probably not splinter, if we know what's good for us.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Someone on the Discord server this is the best way to figure out why they stopped development.

So if they want to be arrogant enough to try, they can be my guest, but as it stands, we're now a community of thirds. We've got top players saying we should go back to 3.02 on social media, we have people who actually want to grind 3.6, and we have people who want to move forward with scattered assets.

Who really ends up being right here, in the end? Probably no one.

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
This is crazy. PM was pretty much the first smash game I ever played competitively. I don't play it much anymore, but still love the game. Here's to the future of Project M!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Someone on the Discord server this is the best way to figure out why they stopped development.

So if they want to be arrogant enough to try, they can be my guest, but as it stands, we're now a community of thirds. We've got top players saying we should go back to 3.02 on social media, we have people who actually want to grind 3.6, and we have people who want to move forward with scattered assets.

Who really ends up being right here, in the end? Probably no one.
Define "right."
I believe there is no 'right' way forward in this regard, since these options before us are morally neutral thing.
Unless, of course, we define right in clearer terms with ultimately arbitrary though admittedly useful goals and objectives.
In that sense there are multiple right ways. Of course, if one of those ways is proposed that is not morally neutral then it obviously cannot be a right way.
All these options are within our bounds. We may split.
Centralization is sometimes mistaken, sometimes useful. I believe now is the time of decentralization.

Direction and satisfaction is predicated on the will and desire of the individual.
These are the individuals who will carry things forward. I think you've nothing against these individuals, but you seem to have everything against their goals.
Why? Simply because they create disunity?
There is no arrogance in their actions. Arrogance can only be found within individuals.

Last edited:

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, even with the really sad circumstances that PM seems to be facing, I'll forever support it.

DON'T WORRY PM

I'LL NEVER LEAVE

At least we can now have a stagnant metagame

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Define "right."
I believe there is no 'right' way forward in this regard, since these options before us are morally neutral thing.
Unless, of course, we define right in clearer terms with ultimately arbitrary though admittedly useful goals and objectives.
In that sense there are multiple right ways. Of course, if one of those ways is proposed that is not morally neutral then it obviously cannot be a right way.
Centralization is sometimes mistaken, sometimes useful. I believe now is the time of decentralization.

Direction and satisfaction is predicated on the will and desire of the individual.
These are the individuals who will carry things forward. I think you've nothing against these individuals, but you seem to have everything against their goals.
There is no arrogance in their actions. Arrogance can only be found within individuals.
You're talking out of your ass at this point, tbh.

Also, lol @ arrogance not being extant in the collective.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They really don't know the risks or how risky it actually is to do something like that, and it is really stupid of them to do that. Like..really stupid.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I do find it funny how the "newPMDT" is just a bunch of randoms who decided because they made a sub-reddit they'll be the new official PMDT lol

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'm hoping that I can get a 3.6 build up with the cut characters and just soft ban them (and take any fixes that comes the way).
I think people deserve to see them.

Sorry PMDT, but because I could

I had to

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm hoping that I can get a 3.6 build up with the cut characters and just soft ban them (and take any fixes that comes the way).
I think people deserve to see them.
They're a lot of fun, really. At least they'll be great in friendlies if this happens. There's a fix for Lyn crashing on the mods section of these boards, actually.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You're talking out of your *** at this point, tbh.

Also, lol @ arrogance not being extant in the collective.

Smooth Criminal
If the claim is 'they are all arrogant and do not know,' and there is a reasonable doubt that at least one person knows the risks and isn't arrogant, then the claim itself is wrong by formulation.
If the claim is 'they in general are arrogant and do not know,' then that should have been clarified as a non-universal generality and not left as a potentially inaccurate statement.
They really don't know the risks or how risky it actually is to do something like that, and it is really stupid of them to do that. Like..really stupid.
Even if they don't, they seem willing to take them on. And, again, if there is even one person who knows, this universal claim of 'they' is wrong.
Please clarify your terms.
Additionally, why do you say it's stupid? Are you basing smartness around the defense of one's livelihood?

Last edited:

xLithiumx

Smash Cadet
I just have a question. What should we do with dead threads? Since I main Fox/Flaco I checked the threads and the threads for those two are dead. I tried to restart the Fox MU thread but got no replies. Falco doesn't even have and MU thread, just a bunch of threads for specific match-ups. I'll probably just create one since Falco is my dude. Anyways, any ideas?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Monk, are you dense. And stop twisting the argument into semantics. You know full well what I meant, so stop deflecting.

And Hylian just hinted at the implications of scooping up these assets and carrying them along. That should be enough to clue you in. If not, well, I dunno what to tell you, bud.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
Eh, you get used to it. Happens often enough that I can recognize when I'm awake for it or not, and then it's mostly just 10 minutes of "oh, I can't move, oh well". Still toying around with the dreams themselves though, I can control my own actions but I can't affect the dreamscape itself yet.
So, affecting the dreamscape is something you have to learn? I always thought that once you go lucid you could do anything.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I do find it funny how the "newPMDT" is just a bunch of randoms who decided because they made a sub-reddit they'll be the new official PMDT lol
Why do you think that they think they'll be "official", whatever that means? Project M is "unofficial" by Nintendo and Sakurai in the first place. This logic does not fit.
One person made the subreddit and is organizing a team. That's about as "official" as it gets. https://www.reddit.com/r/NewPMDT/comments/3v7wbt/please_read_until_everything_settles_down_this/
Monk, are you dense. And stop twisting the argument into semantics. You know full well what I meant, so stop deflecting.

And Hylian just hinted at the implications of scooping up these assets and carrying them along. That should be enough.

Smooth Criminal
Smooth, you already know what's up with me, man.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/semantics?s=t are critically important to understanding what people mean when they say things.
Alright I'll try to be real here.
It should be clear the premise that my words are based around is: that which cannot translate to its constituent parts is unintelligible.
A collective is a mass of individuals. If a claim about a collective does not apply to every individual in that collective, then it is false unless it explicitly distinguished as not applying to all individuals within said collective.

My point is twofold:
1. Even under your definitions, it's likely that someone in the group isn't so.
2. Again, please be absolutely clear what you mean when you say "arrogant" and "stupid," otherwise I can't understand what you mean properly.

Lastly, these are how I define the terms in this context: "stupid" is, in one sense, a misunderstanding of the situation. Things like probably why the PMDT disbanded or development stopped, things like not realizing the potential threats to one's livelihood. The decision to risk oneself while understanding these is not stupid in that sense. Stupid in the sense that they've got their priorities messed up? I don't believe so, because there's nothing morally wrong about putting oneself on the line when all things are understood properly, and the institutions of intellectual property relevant to our discussion are fundamentally evil and should be challenged within our means when possible and when it conforms to our will to do so.

"Arrogance" is an estimation of oneself as greater than what one actually is. In the collective sense, it is an individual believing that a group one is a part of is greater than they actually are. However, we must be careful to define 'greater.' Again, even under these definitions I believe it is eminently possible that at least one and probably most have no illusions as to their chances of their livelihoods being threatened if they pursue this. No, I'd be more willing to say they all know they are not beyond reproach, and thus have an accurate estimation of their actual potential to get things done.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'd prefer 3.6 on the basis that it's clearly building up some levels of uniqueness that can be fleshed out long-term, and making players just deal with it is a good thign

that being said: jesus christ, "the consent" of the ex-PMDT being required for modification is goofy as hell. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that we all asked sakurai kindly for permission to mod his mediocre wii game, that would've skipped all of this pretty easily wouldn't it

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Define "right."

The right way to proceed is to avoid running the PM brand into the ground by releasing half-assed builds (e.g. nightly) that split the community and draw its mockery. This is the greatest imperative we OUGHT to shout at the "new PMDT(s)" since I presume we all care about preserving the hard-cultivated professional image this mod has accrued over the past half decade.

I think the best way to manage this disunity is for the community to wait for the 21st day of every third month and encourage members to then show off what they've made in between. If everyone's on board with keeping their ***** in their pants in a way like this, I don't see anything wrong with other developers taking the PM torch. It's naive to assume nobody else can do a good job like outgoing guys, especially if there's more ambition in the air now that they don't have a (deserved) monopoly.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Why does Omni have an PM article/video in front of SWF? Who allowed this? I dislike Omni as much as I dislike anime/Melee nerds.

True but even though I know Steve, the really friendly demon isn't real, my body still acts otherwise.

We're still novices in the ways of the dreaming. I've at least met my subconscious and flown like Superman so I got two goals down.

There is only one truth to waifuism: more than one waifu will ruin your laifu.

My one true love is capitalism incarnate:

Nah but look at us, we're pathetic.
Time to get a real girl.
I'm just a foxtrotting weak individual. Grey Belnades Grey Belnades , I fear I haven't looked strong today in anything but my words.
Time to reform my life.
**** I need an objective.

Life goal: become a saint (I interpret this as being really strong in the best way possible).
Professional goals I believe would aid in this: write fiction and journalism and opinion pieces, and sing for weddings and stuff maybe even become director for the church choir.
Romance goals that would aid in this: get a really strong woman capable of independence with a great set of hips as a wife.
How the heck am I going to develop these skills?
Read constantly, listen to podcasts and blogs and watch videos. Critically analyze everything. Become an apprentice with a fiction writer, or submit constantly and ask how to improve constantly and try to improve constantly. A well stocked mind is imperative. Get singing training, sing daily and search constantly. WRITE daily. Copy, transform, combine. Try over and over and over, and most importantly fail so that inane fear of such dies.
Work out.

Here I am, sitting at 21. The greatest enemy is the self. Sure I listen and read occasionally and sing twice a week, but this is not enough. I could be well on the path to professional greatness right now.

Let's ****ing go.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Jesus, you too?

We're still here bro <3

****, everyone wants to keep going huh? Well **** it, lets do it until Nintendo really shuts us down.
depression and bullying nearly got me, but i was like i got nerds to 4stock in the future so i wont

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I thought odds was implying that Hylian's post was hypocritical

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
depression and bullying nearly got me, but i was like i got nerds to 4stock in the future so i wont
Even though I don't really know you at all, I'm glad you're still here!

Keep at it, [anime] MILF hunter!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So pretty much anybody who plays a new version of the game in the future won't be allowed to discuss it. Yep, definitely going to divide the community since we won't be allowed to talk about PM in all its forms like we used to. The chilling effect of that will be far worse than people playing "unsanctioned" versions.

Oh well, so be it then: Voldemort, Voldemort, Voldemort.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So pretty much anybody who plays a new version of the game in the future won't be allowed to discuss it. Yep, definitely going to divide the community since we won't be allowed to talk about PM in all its forms like we used to. The chilling effect of that will be far worse than people playing "unsanctioned" versions.

Oh well, so be it then: Voldemort, Voldemort, Voldemort.
P that shall not be M'd.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The right way to proceed is to avoid running the PM brand into the ground by releasing half-***** builds (e.g. nightly) that split the community and draw its mockery. This is the greatest imperative we OUGHT to shout at the "new PMDT(s)" since I presume we all care about preserving the hard-cultivated professional image this mod has accrued over the past half decade.
It is ridiculous to blame the people who people draw misinterpretation from rather than said boneheads who misunderstand.
Everyone should understand they are new and unproven.
The team should do what they may to acknowledge that and help everyone understand, however to say they ought do nothing is holding a moral imperative where there is none. Oh, if you would explain where the imperative came from the first place that'd be awesome.
No, a higher imperative would be not to cater to those who do not understand, but instead help them to understand the fragemented nature of this community going forward.
I think the best way to manage this disunity is for the community to wait for the 21st day of every third month and encourage members to then show off what they've made in between. If everyone's on board with keeping their ***** in their pants in a way like this, I don't see anything wrong with other developers taking the PM torch. It's naive to assume nobody else can do a good job like outgoing guys, especially if there's more ambition in the air now that they don't have a (deserved) monopoly.
We all have our policy plans, but you ultimately must acknowledge that yours might not be any better in a concrete sense than the one we have given the fundamental uncertainty of the future. Regardless, to impose a particular policy is ultimately detrimental because it doesn't allow the experimentation with other policies.
Also please explain where this monopoly, which I'm gonna guess is where the earlier imperative comes from, gets 'deserved.'

Last edited:

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
That's where I'm at now, to be honest I don't know if I want to change the dreamscape just yet. I can realize I'm dreaming and can make slight adjustments but can't force myself to break out of it. Most of the time I'm dreaming about things that happened recently, or new stories in my fanfiction universe. One dream in particular gave me the idea for an entirely new universe with a setting and world lore. Unfortunately it gave me no ideas on what the story would actually be about lmao
I find that it's not really an issue for me, I would rather not need to choose for myself. If I compared it to the likes of Sword Art Online I would say that my control is more like a visual novel rather than an RPG, but definitely more than a movie.

So, affecting the dreamscape is something you have to learn? I always thought that once you go lucid you could do anything.
I dunno, lucidity is the realization that it's a dream. Like, I can do whatever I want to, but it's like I'm me, rather than I'm the god of the dream.

True but even though I know Steve, the really friendly demon isn't real, my body still acts otherwise.

We're still novices in the ways of the dreaming. I've at least met my subconscious and flown like Superman so I got two goals down.
Aw, I see. It's not really a problem for me, anethesia triggers my sleep paralysis every time, and since then it's only rarely that it happens normally but it's pretty easy for me to recognize it to the point where it's just a mild inconvenience.

I never met me subconscious, I am my subconscious when I dream. Also superheroes are overrated. *is shot*

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
PM is gonna die guys, now that all these whiny as ******* got a hold of the most recent Dev Build, theyre gonna start releasing their own **** versions of PM

its gonna be just like Brawl+

Top Bottom