• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Fortress

Smash Master
All these warnings are ultimately ineffectual: TOs decide. They're sovereign.
And, imo, if you think TOs are gonna accept goku at the risk of fracturing the community and thus lowering turnouts, well... tbh fam.

We will stay the course.

Again, I'd like to stress that Project M was a grassroots, voluntary movement, and that it competes indirectly with all other games (and builds) through 1. downloads + use 2. TOs and tourneys. PM today came about because of the darkness before it and because of the demand unsatisfied. To attempt to impose the old PMDTs structure and "monopoly" right from the get-go is to deny the very process which birthed the PMDT.
Let me know how your PM 9.23c tournament featuring Pepsi Man and Mr. Satan goes.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Let me know how your PM 9.23c tournament featuring Pepsi Man and Mr. Satan goes.
I fail to see how this is supposed to shut me up or contradict me. It's just a meme. Nice meme btw

Edit: another thing, TOs are incentivized towards cooperating with other TOs for organization and stability (and ultimately the better builds / rules) because people like crossing regions and dealing with the same stuff. Because if they don't, well, turnout won't be looking good.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I hope most of us will still be around to talk about whatever next big platform fighter project comes up years from now. Rivals of Aether is a great start, but let's expand this subgenre more, yes? It would be pretty funny if Nintendo would allow it on the next home console. (I'm just trying to be optimistic here.)

Fortress

Smash Master
I fail to see how this is supposed to shut me up or contradict me
I never said it was. Leave that crap the the hyped up kids who just read Encyclopedia Dramatica or what have you.

If I need to make it clearer: Sword Ganon is bad and shouldn't be in any tournaments I show up at. Thanks.

The clearer clearer version is: None of this not-optimized crap (and especially not-optimized crap by sub-par content producers) should end up at events I'm paying to play in. No thank you, I'd rather not compete with your Goku, local Nowhere, America TO.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Fun fact: Pepsi Man has actually been in a fighting game before!
Objectively one of the best rosters of all time.

I'm not advocating for him in PM or anything but this man is a savage beast. Look at him in this game damn.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I never said it was. Leave that crap the the hyped up kids who just read Encyclopedia Dramatica or what have you.

If I need to make it clearer: Sword Ganon is bad and shouldn't be in any tournaments I show up at. Thanks.
Define / why "shouldn't?"
I mean, I personally wouldn't want to see him, but pls.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A few things on the conversation I missed.

GG was NOT about harassing women, that was the story spun by the media to discredit the whole thing. In fact, if anything, it's more of a rationalist movement that's standing up against PC culture. Problem with GG is that it's anonymous, thus, you got a lot of assholes, and likewise, because of that Zoe and Anita were able to claim false victimhood on self-inflicted threats.

On 8ch, it's pretty much tge 4chan of old, before 4chan became popular. The benefit is that all the weird **** keeps a lot of people away, thus, you have less back and forth and ****posting like on 4chan. The downside is yeah, you have a lot of weird ****. Like... really weird ****. Wow. But the site seems to have taken design ideas from both 4chan and reddit, meaning you can stick to your boards, while the pedos jerk off over in their side of the foru. The GG board, and their /v/ are both quite good, and in fact, way better than their 4chan counterpart.

On Zoe and Anita, both are liars, and none of the threats leveled toward them have been proven at all. I wouldn't blame GG for them getting so big, but they certainly capitalized on thing. Thankfully, them going to tge UN showed the whole world how much full of **** they were. As for their "harassment" most of it is really criticism of their work, really not much of it really stands out from the sort of lash any public figure gets, it has nothing to do with their gender. Don't take it from me either, take it from these beautiful gals, and Thunderf00t:

https://youtu.be/lWQcqabG0J8

https://youtu.be/2vt_CEVBqBg

https://youtu.be/prmprJyPyv0

As for all else, Jaedrik Jaedrik has been very on point with everything he said, especially in regard to cultural marxism.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I would have taken Pepsi Man vs Segata Sanshiro too, but nice obscure character reference there with Pepsi Man.

The clearer clearer version is: None of this not-optimized crap (and especially not-optimized crap by sub-par content producers) should end up at events I'm paying to play in. No thank you, I'd rather not compete with your Goku, local Nowhere, America TO.
I agree wholeheartedly with Sword Ganon. I don't want to see it in an official build, as it's a gimmick mod, clearly not designed for balanced play. What we have as far as Sword Ganon (The special sword taunt swing) is good enough. That said, I would like to see the mostly finished characters completed, just to see it through to the end.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Fun fact: Pepsi Man has actually been in a fighting game before!
Objectively one of the best rosters of all time.

I'm not advocating for him in PM or anything but this man is a savage beast. Look at him in this game damn.
That there is the game I was referring to, yo. One of my NM friends has been dying to get me into it.

SunJester

Smash Ace
The newPMDT is just a coping mechanism. We're all incredibly disappointed that PM isn't going to be finished. The fact that it sprung up like 2 hours after the announcement should be evidence of that.

3.6 is pretty good as far as things go. Lets not push it any further since we know they could get sued if we start using the dev builds.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
That there is the game I was referring to, yo. One of my NM friends has been dying to get me into it.
It's kinda like Virtua fighter from my memory. It was pretty solid last I checked but the Japanese version is the way to go because Pepsiman is the GOAT roster choice.

You could also get a Sega Saturn and play Fighters Megamix where a CAR IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
buddy we're trying to talk about videogames here, wtf u doin bringing up arguments long-squashed
"Long-squashed" ok nice proof there
Translate "you don't deserve a refutation"
bro did you even watch that three hour documentary or even glance at the sources (not that that would give you the ability to disprove them magically but)

probably gonna go schleep now, fam bye
Again, TOs are sovereign.
So are you.
If you don't want to play it, don't ****ing pay. If you seriously go to a tourney and enter and be like "the **** is this ****," you're the one at fault, lmao.
Demonstrate your preference to your TOs, they'll get the message.

Edit: yeah I'm schleep.

Goodnight, everyone, some very stimulating discussion today. See you all late tomorrow / Friday.
God bless. Stay strong. I believe in you. I know you can do it if you really try with humility.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Define / why "shouldn't?"
I mean, I personally wouldn't want to see him, but pls.
If you wouldn't want gimmicky fan crap like that, then who am I trying to convince?

At the expense of repeating myself: I don't want to have to fight every day local TO's unbalanced, poorly-designed, hackneyed Elder Toguro when I'm paying money to do so; money for entry on top of travel, food, and lodging.

Is it just me, or is Fortress' echo getting even more stuck up?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Oh, there was GG discussion going on just before this?
I do believe Zoe, Anita, and Brianna are all liars (though overall Anita comes across to me as more of a misguided person than an actual horrible person like Brianna), and I tend to agree with the pro-GG people that are not anonymous more than the anti-GG people that are not anonymous... though I'm still neutral because neither side seems to be accomplishing much under their banner.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
well I was kinda hoping we would talk about PM things not about ethics in whoozit's whatever, since that leads to actual conversation and not weird clashes of political ideologies

Fortress

Smash Master
Oh, there was GG discussion going on just before this?
I do believe Zoe, Anita, and Brianna are all liars (though overall Anita comes across to me as more of a misguided person than an actual horrible person like Brianna), and I tend to agree with the pro-GG people that are not anonymous more than the anti-GG people that are not anonymous... though I'm still neutral because neither side seems to be accomplishing much under their banner.
If it ain't Guilty Gear, then you ain't speaking my GG.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If you wouldn't want gimmicky fan crap like that, then who am I trying to convince?

At the expense of repeating myself: I don't want to have to fight every day local TO's unbalanced, poorly-designed, hackneyed Elder Toguro when I'm paying money to do so; money for entry on top of travel, food, and lodging.

Is it just me, or is Fortress' echo getting even more stuck up?
See my above response to your edit.

I'll repeat another point again:

TOs are naturally incentivized to keep stuff together. People will stop paying if they do stupid stuff like this or lie to them about the build they're on. Just because the PMDT is gone doesn't mean all caution will be thrown to the wind. Furthermore, people want to be able to travel and play in other tourneys, so there's incentive to collaborate. It won't prevent certain idiots from doing dumb things but they'll be forced out of the market.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
well I was kinda hoping we would talk about PM things not about ethics in whoozit's whatever, since that leads to actual conversation and not weird clashes of political ideologies
Canon, buddy, you're in a thread that Fortress is participating in. ****'s going sideways no matter what. Plus it's the social thread. Also bring back witty/pretty. I liked that more.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
A few things on the conversation I missed.

GG was NOT about harassing women, that was the story spun by the media to discredit the whole thing. In fact, if anything, it's more of a rationalist movement that's standing up against PC culture. Problem with GG is that it's anonymous, thus, you got a lot of ********, and likewise, because of that Zoe and Anita were able to claim false victimhood on self-inflicted threats.

On 8ch, it's pretty much tge 4chan of old, before 4chan became popular. The benefit is that all the weird **** keeps a lot of people away, thus, you have less back and forth and ****posting like on 4chan. The downside is yeah, you have a lot of weird ****. Like... really weird ****. Wow. But the site seems to have taken design ideas from both 4chan and reddit, meaning you can stick to your boards, while the pedos jerk off over in their side of the foru. The GG board, and their /v/ are both quite good, and in fact, way better than their 4chan counterpart.

On Zoe and Anita, both are liars, and none of the threats leveled toward them have been proven at all. I wouldn't blame GG for them getting so big, but they certainly capitalized on thing. Thankfully, them going to tge UN showed the whole world how much full of **** they were. As for their "harassment" most of it is really criticism of their work, really not much of it really stands out from the sort of lash any public figure gets, it has nothing to do with their gender. Don't take it from me either, take it from these beautiful gals, and Thunderf00t:

https://youtu.be/lWQcqabG0J8

https://youtu.be/2vt_CEVBqBg

https://youtu.be/prmprJyPyv0

As for all else, Jaedrik Jaedrik has been very on point with everything he said, especially in regard to cultural marxism.
Blah blah blah. Move on you on protect video game ethics

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
ugh why cant you guys just let me win your keeping me up i ahve to keep posting and refreshing to refute your dumb stupidity
YOU guys are the ones at fault keeping me up
there otta be a law, smashboards mod team pls put rule in "ppl are obligated to let ppl win if they say they going to bed"
Edit: okay goodnight friends for real. Much love.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
PS anyone who says they want 3.02 back are telling you they want meta knight's transcendent sword divekick back

like I love that move dearly but I also find stall in pokemon interesting

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
PS anyone who says they want 3.02 back are telling you they want meta knight's transcendent sword divekick back

like I love that move dearly but I also find stall in pokemon interesting
Ugh, why do we care about 3.02 MK? Have we forgotten about that garbage that is Pit/Lucas?

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Tried the leaked build

Knuckles seems stupidly broken, Lyn seems alright I guess, Isaac is broken as all hell. Only thing I'd want from it is awakening roy/the new zss model/headband jiggs.

wall of text
GG started as a response to a woman's sleeping behavior, that you can't deny unless you really want to bring in the silly argument of "Oh well REALLY it all started back in 2006/7 when Jeff Gertsmann got fired from Gamestop..." that I see some people using. It most definitely can be viewed as a movement that started as a harassment/smear campaign of Zoe Quinn. Later on though something happened and the focus started to shift towards "ethics in gaming journalism".

And like, regarding 8ch. I don't think it's any better than 4chan, in fact I think it parallels the Voat/Reddit split a while back where both Voat/8ch are filled with conspiracy nuts and racist pricks. With that said I do like it's /v/ board for the webms, whenever they're not shock stuff like people getting shot or something. /a/ is also pretty cool, it's like 4chan's /a/ without the stupid memes everywhere. /tech/ is good whenever it's not dead.

Really with sites like 8chan/reddit/voat there's tons of filth everywhere, you just have to know where to look to find any good stuff. Like there's plenty of ****ty degenerative subreddits, probably just as much as 8chan but you'd have to go out of your way to find the REALLY grimy stuff.

And uh sorry for bringing back more GG shanigans, good night fellow memers

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
While I'm unhappy about seeing most / all of the unreleased content going down the drain and lack of information about the situation, I understand that the PMDT cannot say or do anything else about it without any risks

Oh well, no more changes means that GDubz will remain the same, so I think I can be happy about it? :V

Fortress

Smash Master
Tried the leaked build

Knuckles seems stupidly broken, Lyn seems alright I guess, Isaac is broken as all hell. Only thing I'd want from it is awakening roy/the new zss model/headband jiggs.

GG started as a response to a woman's sleeping behavior, that you can't deny unless you really want to bring in the silly argument of "Oh well REALLY it all started back in 2006/7 when Jeff Gertsmann got fired from Gamestop..." that I see some people using. It most definitely can be viewed as a movement that started as a harassment/smear campaign of Zoe Quinn. Later on though something happened and the focus started to shift towards "ethics in gaming journalism".

And like, regarding 8ch. I don't think it's any better than 4chan, in fact I think it parallels the Voat/Reddit split a while back where both Voat/8ch are filled with conspiracy nuts and racist pricks. With that said I do like it's /v/ board for the webms, whenever they're not shock stuff like people getting shot or something. /a/ is also pretty cool, it's like 4chan's /a/ without the stupid memes everywhere. /tech/ is good whenever it's not dead.

Really with sites like 8chan/reddit/voat there's tons of filth everywhere, you just have to know where to look to find any good stuff. Like there's plenty of ****ty degenerative subreddits, probably just as much as 8chan but you'd have to go out of your way to find the REALLY grimy stuff.

And uh sorry for bringing back more GG shanigans, good night fellow memers
Something something Guilty Gear.

SunJester

Smash Ace

IMHO this should be the lab song of the post-PM update world.

Also G-Dubs is never getting nerfed. lmaaaaaaaaaao. Rip in pieces.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Blah blah blah. Move on you on protect video game ethics
buddy we're trying to talk about videogames here, wtf u doin bringing up arguments long-squashed
Hello Tumblr :^)

Look, I wasn't trying to "debate" anything. I was merely presenting my stance on things and presenting the facts. I don't see the point in writing a long post detailing everything and providing sourced proof for you to simply strawman it, and dismiss it like the videos I posted.

The videos I posted ARE the evidence:

The first two are personal OPINIONS by legit female gamers, aka, the demographic Anita and Zoe supposedly represent.

And the third is a rational analysis by a very intelligent individual on the UN incident, providing tons and tons of evidence to disprove Anita's WORDS.

Ofc, you didn't bother to watch them, and instead dismissed them on the grounds that they were ideas you did not agree with. If anyone is shutting their senses to block out what they don't like, and causing dissent to create an echo chamber, it's not me. You've failed. Whatever civil discussion could have been had is out of the question, because you've proven you lack the ability to listen to opposing views, and look at evidence presented to you. Debating with either of you, is simply a waste of time. So excuse me, but I refuse.

Finally, nothing has been "squashed" if anything, SJWs and PC culture are extending, managing to piss more and more people off, not just gamers. You have no argument, there is clear evidence of a cultural shift in the world around you.

If you wanna debate, leave the emotions out the door, and carefully analyze my words and evidence to REFUTE the central argument. When you're ready to do that, we can carry on.

That said, let's get back to PM.

Top Bottom