• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Everyone in pms should just move in together

Just imagine all the wacky hijinks
Day 27.

We are approaching the first month since we took over a hotel and moved in. Some things have not changed from when we shared the same internet thread together. Meiling constantly shows us clips of whatever cool Falcon play he did the day before. Bleck will state an opinion as fact and will stir up an argument for several hours before everyone gives up. Binary Clone continues to bring in girls every day. I'm still silently observing, coming in every now and then to whip up some ****ty story. Mechwarrior will go on Deep and Potentially Edgytangents, and not long after he will show us one of his Person-That-Sweats-And-Is-Wiping-His-Face images. It's a good thing real life doesn't have likes.

I feel as if this experience so far has made us more interested in the interests of others. We have OMGrey coming into the theater to watch anime with us. He hasn't said "Anime is dumb yo" for the past 5 days (don't ask me why I kept track). The amount of PMS members attending SpiderMad's circumcision lectures are increasing. PlateProp is now starting to see what Umbreon is talking about regarding Squirtle when we talk about tier lists. We have all begun to understand Nausica better - most of us can fully interperet what he says the first try!

Today Helsong, Lunchables and I were talking in the kitchen area, and me and Helsong told Lunchables to lay on the floor. To our surprise he actually bent his knees, made clearance to land and laid on the ground - the absolute madman! This is truly the start of the incredible, wacky hijnks PlateProp spoke of when he presented this idea to us all!

I'll see myself out now

Helsong

Smash Ace
Bruh I'd leave the moment any of you asked me to fix your damn computers. Wouldn't last in this house a week. Like, I ain't got time for that wacky hinjinx anime slice of life ****. I got men and women to bed, alcohol to down in copious amounts, ignorant code-illiterate assholes to educate, and world-changing computer programs to code, ya dig?

I'm a published author in computer science now, and don't ya ****ing forget it.

Also, WOOO I'm published **** yes wooooooooooooooooooooooo

Player -0

Smash Hero
Grats

I'd probably just sit on the carpet and play P:M a lot.

And learn to cook.

And maybe draw.

Edit - inb4 PMS hotel floor at Evo or something. amirite. amrite???

no? okay.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
**** it I'm warming up my writing skills for this nanowrimo thing HERE WE GO AGAIN

Q: Where is the PMS Hotel located, and how did you guys manage to seize control over it?

A: What a good question! This gets asked a lot as it does seem rather interesting that we have a hotel all for ourselves, but the story itself is rather uninteresting. You see, when PlateProp presented the idea to us we all immediately started to find places to move in at, but we were having multiple problems. The first was cost - many of us are huge anime weebs that live with our parents with no income from jobs. We couldn't push all of the budget on the few individuals with a job at Mcdonalds so we had to think of something cheap, possibly free. The second was living conditions - we needed room to hold the 30 or so regulars, plus more in the case we got more regulars. Sadly to my knowledge most houses don't support more than 10 people.

We were about to give up and put the idea into the "Things That We Want to Happen But Won't" bin, the same bin where the "Please get PM An Official Event at EVO, APEX, or Big House" ideas went. But suddenly the planets aligned and Meiling randomly decided to contact the qt hotel grill he used to work with. He explained the problem to her and as it turned out, she just happened to know how to seize the "Mainichi Day is a ****post Day Hotel", a hotel with unique properties that does not exist in the standard universe that we know of. From there it was really simple - all we had to do is grab some Inkling Amiibos, some white paint, a bucket, and a college art degree, and we infiltrated and took over the hotel before they even noticed it.

As for where the hotel is located - don't worry about it too much. Trying to quantify the location of the hotel is near impossible, and you probably wouldn't understand it anyway. Think of our world as being defined with vectors; the hotel world would then be defined as scalars. Or something. That should give you an idea of where it is. It does allow for us to visit anywhere in the world, a sidebonus to being big and comfy for everyone.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
**** it I'm warming up my writing skills for this nanowrimo thing HERE WE GO AGAIN

Q: Where is the PMS Hotel located, and how did you guys manage to seize control over it?

A: What a good question! This gets asked a lot as it does seem rather interesting that we have a hotel all for ourselves, but the story itself is rather uninteresting. You see, when PlateProp presented the idea to us we all immediately started to find places to move in at, but we were having multiple problems. The first was cost - many of us are huge anime weebs that live with our parents with no income from jobs. We couldn't push all of the budget on the few individuals with a job at Mcdonalds so we had to think of something cheap, possibly free. The second was living conditions - we needed room to hold the 30 or so regulars, plus more in the case we got more regulars. Sadly to my knowledge most houses don't support more than 10 people.

We were about to give up and put the idea into the "Things That We Want to Happen But Won't" bin, the same bin where the "Please get PM An Official Event at EVO, APEX, or Big House" ideas went. But suddenly the planets aligned and Meiling randomly decided to contact the qt hotel grill he used to work with. He explained the problem to her and as it turned out, she just happened to know how to seize the "Mainichi Day is a ****post Day Hotel", a hotel with unique properties that does not exist in the standard universe that we know of. From there it was really simple - all we had to do is grab some Inkling Amiibos, some white paint, a bucket, and a college art degree, and we infiltrated and took over the hotel before they even noticed it.

As for where the hotel is located - don't worry about it too much. Trying to quantify the location of the hotel is near impossible, and you probably wouldn't understand it anyway. Think of our world as being defined with vectors; the hotel world would then be defined as scalars. Or something. That should give you an idea of where it is. It does allow for us to visit anywhere in the world, a sidebonus to being big and comfy for everyone.
I actually enjoyed reading this. I demand more.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Day 27.

We are approaching the first month since we took over a hotel and moved in. Some things have not changed from when we shared the same internet thread together. Meiling constantly shows us clips of whatever cool Falcon play he did the day before. Bleck will state an opinion as fact and will stir up an argument for several hours before everyone gives up. Binary Clone continues to bring in girls every day. I'm still silently observing, coming in every now and then to whip up some ****ty story. Mechwarrior will go on Deep and Potentially Edgytangents, and not long after he will show us one of his Person-That-Sweats-And-Is-Wiping-His-Face images. It's a good thing real life doesn't have likes.

I feel as if this experience so far has made us more interested in the interests of others. We have OMGrey coming into the theater to watch anime with us. He hasn't said "Anime is dumb yo" for the past 5 days (don't ask me why I kept track). The amount of PMS members attending SpiderMad's circumcision lectures are increasing. PlateProp is now starting to see what Umbreon is talking about regarding Squirtle when we talk about tier lists. We have all begun to understand Nausica better - most of us can fully interperet what he says the first try!

Today Helsong, Lunchables and I were talking in the kitchen area, and me and Helsong told Lunchables to lay on the floor. To our surprise he actually bent his knees, made clearance to land and laid on the ground - the absolute madman! This is truly the start of the incredible, wacky hijnks PlateProp spoke of when he presented this idea to us all!

I'll see myself out now

CORY

wut
BRoomer

****ing nerd.

You're pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

I'm going as the Undertale for Halloween, any costume ideas or recommendations guys?

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Does Undertale really deserve the hype it's been getting? "It's like Earthbound" doesn't really sell it for me and most of the praise the game has been getting has mainly focused on its characters to my knowledge... That's cool and all, but is the actual gameplay rewarding? I'm considering getting the game, so I've been reluctant to spoil anything for myself to see just how deep its RPG and bullet-hell elements go. If anyone here could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

also if anyone here has had a tim horton's bagel before lemme know if they're good or not, cause i'm at a point in my life where i need a really good bagel

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Day 27.

I'll see myself out now
How I can I join this cool kid club? Got a spot for me?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I don't think I'd make it very long in this living situation.

I think we found the setting for the PMS dating sim finally though, a taken over hotel with the Project M logo over the sign.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, the venue I run tournaments at just shut down.
Owner didn't even tell me it was happening

So I guess I'm not TOing anymore.

...huh
You know, I'm not nearly as mad/sad/whatever as I think I should be. Honestly, I'm feeling pretty content.
Twas a good run, there's another weekly in the state. Guess I can go back to being a player

And I also guess I can't just be an asshole to people now. I don't have power to justify being able to do that anymore.
...****.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Kirby + online = one salty pickle, anyway thanks for anyone who watched my stream, I really appreciate any and all support. Also love the dark souls references! I'm hoping that dark souls 3 will be amazing, and so far it looks incredible, but I'll try not to be too excited, as I've been let down before....

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ahole

For you see, I quickly learned as a TO, people will generally respect you no matter what you do because most people certainly don't want the trouble of TOing their own events.

As such, I continuously made dead baby jokes, bragged about my white privilege, come to tournaments in V-Necks that go halfway down my chest, and have made everyone question my sexual preferences, ...and sometimes go to Sm4sh tournaments for no other reason then to laugh at their game preferences. And before anyone wonders how I even got people to come to my events, I used to be nice until I got bored of it lmao.

It was a good run.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Does Undertale really deserve the hype it's been getting? "It's like Earthbound" doesn't really sell it for me and most of the praise the game has been getting has mainly focused on its characters to my knowledge... That's cool and all, but is the actual gameplay rewarding? I'm considering getting the game, so I've been reluctant to spoil anything for myself to see just how deep its RPG and bullet-hell elements go. If anyone here could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

also if anyone here has had a tim horton's bagel before lemme know if they're good or not, cause i'm at a point in my life where i need a really good bagel
1445779655549.gif

The gameplay is well integrated into the story and not unfair at all.. Your mistakes in the game are yours alone. There's not a moment in the actual gameplay that isn't explained and the only way you'll miss any of it is if you don't read or perhaps miss a detail (which isn't uncommon. It's there, but generally overlooked)
Some of the mechanics of fights may seem strange at first, but generally speaking the fights always introduce new stuff to you slowly and allow enough margin for error for a player to learn from their mistakes and then throw some harder patterns at you.

Outside of that, the story itself is okay to good tier. However, the characters and their personalities is what really makes this game pop out to me. Boasting a bit of quirky and downright cheesy humor, you'd think it'd make someone cringe. But I usually found myself laughing at even the things I thought were ridiculous.

There's a few other interesting elements about this game that are much better appreciated when playing the game blindly. That's another thing that caught my interest about it as well and only keeps me that much more enthralled by the game itself. If I will say one thing, I'd say explore! You'll have fun finding out about the game hopefully. It's a decently sized world and all of it's characters are pretty interesting to interact with in many different ways.

It has a soundtrack that I can only say is fantastic. It sports a bunch of tunes that are downright beautiful, cheerful, mysterious, and just damn awesome.

Try out the demo if you haven't yet. A lot of people loved the demo and I don't even think it does the whole game it's due justice but it will probably make you interested in the game if you play around on that demo for a bit. The boss fight in it is also a really good place to practice as it has some tricky patterns for a new player but you'll get them down and realize how they work pretty quickly.

If none of that interests you though, you can date a skeleton.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Binary Clone continues to bring in girls every day.
Though I don't really have a problem with this being what I'm known for, I'm actually still with the girl I met at Smash n Splash.

And we're moving in together in December! On my/our birthday(s)! For a while, at least. She's got a co-op in Chicago for the spring semester, and an internship for the summer, so it's a sensible move.

Buuut I'm super excited.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
There better be a nice body of water within an hour of this pms hotel or I'll flip a *****

I'm a sailor at heart stuck in a desert. There's no way I'll let myself room with a bunch of weebs, edge lords, and responsible grown ups without some sort of water I can row/paddle out on a few times a week

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There better be a nice body of water within an hour of this pms hotel or I'll flip a *****

I'm a sailor at heart stuck in a desert. There's no way I'll let myself room with a bunch of weebs, edge lords, and responsible grown ups without some sort of water I can row/paddle out on a few times a week
Don't worry, I know how to make it wet ;)

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

It does allow for us to visit anywhere in the world, a sidebonus to being big and comfy for everyone.
I think you're good.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Though I don't really have a problem with this being what I'm known for, I'm actually still with the girl I met at Smash n Splash.

And we're moving in together in December! On my/our birthday(s)! For a while, at least. She's got a co-op in Chicago for the spring semester, and an internship for the summer, so it's a sensible move.

Buuut I'm super excited.
Binary isint allowed to live with us in the smash hotel anymore

Top Bottom