• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
I quite enjoyed a genocide run actually although skelebro was hard as ****. It was fun looking at it from an ignorant perspective of the established story due to a previous run. We're not given any explanation on the catalyst for the initial war only in that humanity was victorious and sealed the monsters away. We're also not given a time estimate in between the previous war and 201X only that the time period is long enough for humanity to forget the existence of a equally intelligent culture that has an exceptionally long life span. Albeit their reason for hating humanity for a second time, even when monsters are spared they have no problem engaging in conflict with you again in order to take your life. The second time I played, I played how I would react in real time. Whether that's because of my personal character or perhaps influenced from my military experience I couldn't tell you. To me, the act of sparing an equally intelligent species in that given situation doesn't make you a more upstanding individual, it makes you a fool for affording then another opportunity.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Everyone's busy lauging at their past selves

And i'm just sitting here wishing I was 11 again so I could not give a **** about anything and just play pokemon and be happy again

I'm only 19 ;-;

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Why does everyone watch a genocide run vid instead of playing it?
because i do all my gaming vicariously, so i watched a neutral-pacificist (hadn't gotten the extra quests for full pacifist at that time) then converted it into a full pacifist run.

then i went and found someone who did a vid on the major genocide differences.

i am curious about how man degrees of "neutral" there are. like, kill a few enemies here and there, then decide to stop vs levelling up a bit and not going full out removal on the randoms and sparing bosses, etc...

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Because different people have different tastes, dood.
:^)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'd play Disgaea if I were sexually interested in either children or numbers, but alas, I am not

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
How to you pronounce that, is it dis-gay-a?
Legit never known cause never wanted to play any of them, tactical rpgs have never caught my interest.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
How to you pronounce that, is it dis-gay-a?
Legit never known cause never wanted to play any of them, tactical rpgs have never caught my interest.
I'll be honest, not even sure myself. Pretty sure it's dis-guy-a though.
Because different people have different tastes, dood.
:^)
Well they have **** tastes then. What other game can you command an army of penguins that explode when you toss them? Definitely not Undertale.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Does "dis-gay-ya" have an seahorse enemy where you have a flexing contest to beat him? Or skeleton dates? Or a flower that's the root of all evil?
If not I'm doubtful its a "much better" RPG than Undertale.
And I haven't gotten to the best part

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Why is everyone still talking about Undertale when Disgaea 5, a much better RPG, is out?
nice waifu you got there. its a shame shes the worst girl in that game

(Adelle's Mom is the best girl)

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
SNES RPGs and Super Smash Bothers Melee are truly the only games worth playing anymore, everyone should just stop trying.

Bleck

Smash Master
undertale is great because it's actually funny instead of disgaea's "man hahaha finally my intimate knowledge of stupid anime tropes has paid off in this masterful comedic moment" brand of comedy

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
undertale is great because it's actually funny instead of disgaea's "man hahaha finally my intimate knowledge of stupid anime tropes has paid off in this masterful comedic moment" brand of comedy
I can't actually argue with this...

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
1 and 2 arent like that at all

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
you sure about that?

because i raise you the earth defense force in disgaea 1

2 i don't actually know that much about and i'm aware how much of a sin that is
It's a parody

That doesnt make it inherently bad, and the EDF are expanded on more than just randomly showing up then vanishing forever

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
It's a parody

That doesnt make it inherently bad, and the EDF are expanded on more than just randomly showing up then vanishing forever
i wasn't saying it was bad

what i was arguing was that it parodies an anime trope

disgaea 1 is a great game and the whole reason i invested time into 3/4 when i got a ps3

Top Bottom