• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
Same situation w/ me. In my area there are no nearby tournaments. The only one I could attend recently was La Paradiso, and that was back in June and I got absolutely bodied.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Oh my god I'm so jealous. I've basically stopped running my smash club because almost no one shows up
Just come visit us <3

It can definitely be tough, though, and a lot of it revolves around advertising and getting momentum and continuing to push that as hard as you can. If everyone at your school knew there was a Smash Club, I'm pretty sure you'd get a lot of people.

The main reason we're any appreciable size is just that we managed to get a lot of attention in the last year with our tournaments and other events. We posted flyers and Facebook events, spread by word-of-mouth as heavily as possible, met regularly in an easy-to-find location, etc. We were interviewed by I think at least two separate groups that were doing documentary projects for film classes that then published those short films and we plastered them all over wherever we could.

Just plain advertising is pretty damn powerful. If you only get 1 regular for every 50 people that know about your events, you'll still probably get a pretty good handful of regulars, and having regulars makes your events much more attractive to other students and to facilities management. If you can get your hands on sponsorships or help from the uni itself, that also goes a long way.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
your samus is gay. why are all the tether grabs in this game just as fast as normal grabs. makes no sense.
search me dude

mcg made any sort of burst movement option have intangibility so i'm just as salty as you whenever i've played against blm/ichigo

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
it'd be so much better if i lived in the dorms. advertising by word of mouth and such there would be super easy :/
  1. Infiltrate dorm. Preferably one that has an active community, like a residential college.
  2. Befriend a person in a position of power. Not necessarily a lot of power. Just some.
  3. Play them in Smash a little bit. Their skill level doesn't matter.
  4. Suggest hosting a Smash tournament as a fundraiser. Prizes can be small gift cards, entrance fees can go towards the dorm or towards a charity (or both). It being a fundraiser incentivizes non-competitive players and competitive players alike to come and attend just for fun.
  5. Run tournament.
  6. Collect free advertising.

This is basically how we got started. Minus the infiltration. There was a fundraiser tournament at a residential college, and a bunch of us realized that there was a pretty decent interest in keeping something like this going, so we got some people together over the summer to start organizing a club, and started up in the fall.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
search me dude

mcg made any sort of burst movement option have intangibility so i'm just as salty as you whenever i've played against blm/ichigo
yeah it's p cray that ichi's dash attack goes through E V E R Y T H I N G
he's p braindead so long as your tech (lol tech) is on point, that's how i won despite drinking

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Me and a few friends basically built the community in my town. Nothing Smash-related existed here a year ago. You either drove half an hour to a ****ty monthly tournament (no offense Joe, they've gotten better since then) that had just started in Glenview, or an hour and a half into the west side of Chicago for WDW.

Now my uni's Smash Club has over 250 members of its FB group. We have at least 2 major events per quarter at the university, and I am running a biweekly tournament a 5-minute walk from campus independently.

I'm not saying it's easy, since it really depends on where you are and the interest level of the people there, but it can be done. My uni is a private one, so it's not that big, but we still have a lot of players.

Also @ Narelex Narelex do you know the Zelda and Falcon MUs for MK? I'm still absolute trash with him, but I'm still considering using him more.
Zelda takes some getting used to but MK overall wins it since he completely outspeeds her and can basically run at her face if she's putting down a dins and grab her. She also has a hard time coming down from the air and MK is really good at keeping her up there. She does punish incorrect play hard though. bait and punish is the way to go here.

MK also does well against Falcon, His similar speed makes Falcon not have that great of an advantage. All of MK's grounded moves are far more useful and if falcon jumps above you he's going to eat an upsmash or upair. Due to his slower then average air moves he has a real hard time getting down from a juggle, his techroll can be abused by MK. Plus he has a easy recovery to edgeguard.

Super duper basic and constrained talk on the MU but if you need something more detailed you can PM me

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hey Nintendo sells higher storage SD cards that are compatible with the Wii and such. Has anyone tried to use this for P:M???

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Doesn't the collection contain a slightly prettied remake of an average 3DS game, a little more story information you could watch on Youtube, and a KH3 prologue made in the KH3 engine?

So the only content worth much is the prologue but they couldn't make that for PS3 without rewriting the whole engine to work on 10 year old hardware, and the other content is there so you don't feel like they are ripping you off.

In other words, I don't think you're missing much from this collection.
A Fragmented Path is supposed to be the bonus epilogue from BBS FM. Not new at all

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sup thread haven't been here in a bit.

Also in other news new KOF announcement along with Xrd revalator coming out spring of next year yeah boi but please dont release by SFV thats all I'm asking.

Also pizza tier list go.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
yeah it's p cray that ichi's dash attack goes through E V E R Y T H I N G
he's p braindead so long as your tech (lol tech) is on point, that's how i won despite drinking
smash flash is kind of like if we decided to take brawl and give it an overall faster game speed but maintain most of the brawl designs, but also design new characters in a strange but unique way and give them good properties that still fall flat against the properties of the top tiers of the game

so "lol tech" is true but it does explain why i have fun playing chibi-robo despite the technical play not being maylay/pm

Sup thread haven't been here in a bit.

Also in other news new KOF announcement along with Xrd revalator coming out spring of next year yeah boi but please dont release by SFV thats all I'm asking.

Also pizza tier list go.
point 1: kof 14 hype, 'bout to dunk more scrubs c:

point 2: i'm going to assume you mean delivery.

s-tier: local restaurants that deliver
a-tier: dominos, papa johns
b-tier: pizza hut
c-tier: little caesar's

i don't really have much experience with other places that deliver. however, if you expand the list a bit to carryout, things get a little more haywire.

s-tier: local restaurants
a-tier: dominos, papa johns, villa pizza/sbarro's
b-tier: pizza hut, cici's

well, not that much more haywire, but you get the point.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
oh hey are we sharing Mario Maker levels

Weighted Companion Shell - 845D-0000-003B-4D70

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
i don't really have much experience with other places that deliver. however, if you expand the list a bit to carryout, things get a little more haywire.

s-tier: local restaurants
a-tier: dominos, papa johns, villa pizza/sbarro's
b-tier: pizza hut, cici's

well, not that much more haywire, but you get the point.
e-tier: Hungry Howies

Vashimus

Smash Master
King of Fighters 14 looks like crap. I expected it to be 3D, but Kyo looks nothing like himself and with how choppy the animations look, it's clear the game is no where near being in a presentable state. Any team that gave this the "OK" is clearly not in any position to be making 3D models in 2015.

I'm gonna assume it's very early development footage and things will improve later, but right now the teaser did a piss poor job of getting me excited for the game.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Met the one thing more annoying than in your face tumblr sjws ladies

In your face hyper conservative Tumblr ladies

Won't shut up and turns every conversation about how Obama is ruining her country and how her opinions are better and that the speach teacher making us give speaches and recording it was against her right or some ****

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
obama is ruining nothing

the country doesn't suck because of obama

the country sucks because it's constituency is mindless and its systems are outdated

D

Deleted member

America sucks ****! Kill people, burn ****, **** school!!!!!! XDD

Last edited by a moderator:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I would make an edgy post in regards to this topic, but you lot beat me to it. :^)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Met the one thing more annoying than in your face tumblr sjws ladies

In your face hyper conservative Tumblr ladies

Won't shut up and turns every conversation about how Obama is ruining her country and how her opinions are better and that the speach teacher making us give speaches and recording it was against her right or some ****
TIme to pull out the What? chant.

****, @ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er managed to beat my samus in smash flash

what am i supposed to do with my life now
Never give up.

#CENATION

Top Bottom