• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
rip twitch

brb switching my acc to hitbox so when I body kids people will see it

edit: why does walljump out of wall cling suck so bad? you have to mash your stick to get it or else you just fall down. Why isint it so that any way you tap out other than straight up or down gives you a jump?
You can just press the jump button you know
but wall cling mechancs ARE bad because there's no obvious cut-off for being close enough to the wall to wall jump and actually being wall clinging. So if you're off even by a small amount, trying to wall jump makes you drift away from the wall before you're in wall jump range (which is curtains), or you get the wall cling then don't get the smash input quick enough so you just release the wall then fall which is especially bad if you tried to do a walljump aerial. The issue with just wall clinging->jumping is that it's slower, and every moment counts in tight edgeguard situations or recovery mix-ups.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Nope, still paid 15 bucks, should have ripped the 7.99 sicker off of this Nick Jonas album and pasted it on the Tool album

(Really worth it though since listening to Tool albums on YouTube are like, bleh)
Perfect Circle and Puscifer are also really good. Doesn't sound like you went through Tool's entire disco. yet though, not sure how you're getting by on actually buying CDs.

My fav Perfect Circle song is Passive

Puscifer's best album is "Conditions of My Parole". V for Vagina has an amazing song though, "Momma Sed".

Maynard has the best lyrics to go through most any song on a lyric site and fully comprehend

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I just ate like a solid 2 lbs of gumbo
I hope the rice doesn't expand further in my stomach
else I may suffocate from the inside

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Oh. My. God.
It's a bug that only affects the PC version. It's also possible to use the karbanga magazine so it fires six rockets at once.

AND IT CAN BE USED IN FOBS.

D

Deleted member

Perfect Circle and Puscifer are also really good. Doesn't sound like you went through Tool's entire disco. yet though, not sure how you're getting by on actually buying CDs.

My fav Perfect Circle song is Passive

Puscifer's best album is "Conditions of My Parole". V for Vagina has an amazing song though, "Momma Sed".

Maynard has the best lyrics to go through most any song on a lyric site and fully comprehend

Also got Westballz to sign stuff

Also my Aunt bought me a mini drone for an early birthday gift. I'm grateful but I'm not crazy about it, but I guess I can use this for Tinder. They can come over to not only play Melee but fly my drone; now they got no excuse
I just have a personal preference with CDs, tbh

And I've only listened to Mer De Noms, Undertow, and Aenima, I'm probably going to dig deeper within the discography sooner or later

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh. My. God.
It's a bug that only affects the PC version. It's also possible to use the karbanga magazine so it fires six rockets at once.

AND IT CAN BE USED IN FOBS.
Aw this almost works on consoles, for some reason it actually doesn't let you choose anything when you get into the wrong menu.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
Ok, so I founded a PM club at my school and the first meeting is this week.

The question is: what the heck should I teach? There's so much to this game and our classes are only 1 hour long every Friday so I don't know what to fill that time with properly. Also having only one setup doesn't help lol.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

The question is: what the heck should I teach? There's so much to this game and our classes are only 1 hour long every Friday so I don't know what to fill that time with properly. Also having only one setup doesn't help lol.
Do Wavedashing and/or L-Cancelling, they're kinda the hardest techniques to learn

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
Do Wavedashing and/or L-Cancelling, they're kinda the hardest techniques to learn
I intend on getting to WD'ing, just not first b/c it's so time consuming to get down right

I tried teaching my friend 1 on 1 and it took him 15 min to do one successfully lol

Then again 1 person won't = multiple people's results

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
But I'll definitely cover l-canceling day 1.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Focus on shffl first. Don't let them get distracted by wd and other stuff for the first few, especially if they don't play outside of the club.

Once they used to basics (shffl, tilt on command, ledge drop and jump, rather than tourney winner, etc...) then work in wd to coincide with dd and stage control and spacing.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace

Fandamentaruzu!

Bleck

Smash Master

The question is: what the heck should I teach?
Don't let everyone else get you ahead of yourself - depending on their experience with the game, the first thing you should go over are the basics of Super Smash Bros. (how knockback works, recovering to stages, tilts vs. smashes, specials, how shielding and dodging works, etc.). If everyone already has a good grasp of that, then get into more advanced stuff, but generally try not to assume.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Focus on having fun, otherwise everyone will leave.
But yeah, talk about neutral and spacing and positioning first if they're interested, then get on techs. Start with auto l-cancel or the input assist thing maybe.
Just... make sure they have fun. Be chill. Don't try too hard or they'll be tipped off to your disposition socially.
Somehow get your club's hands on more setups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom