• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Bazkip Bazkip yes please! You can PM me the list on here, or we can work something out that's more convenient for you. My office hours are from 1-3 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, but if that doesn't work, you can always make an appointment by email and..wait hold on. :drwtf:

Yeah, that info would be great, thanks.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Hey Zman I'm gonna hit up the quad l8r and ranch dress some roast beef queefers if you're up to it

Bazkip

Smash Master

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Yo screw Denny's you guys should go to this
http://www.thedinnerdetective.com/

That sounds hella cool
Holy ****! That's the thing that I went to a few months back! Remember that story I told where I ended up going to a formal with a Mario main from smash club? These guys were hosting it. I didn't know that it was going to be a thing until I arrived, and I'm pretty sure we all thought it was going to be pretty dumb. But it was actually awesome. Great show.

Of course, I'm sure the quality varies depending on where you are. The Chicago one was great though.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
God mgs5 is great but I can't even play it because my japanese professor decided it would be a good idea for us to study the last 26 hiragana characters for a quiz tommorow, when we were introduced to them on monday

And there was like 3 people that actually sided with her as she tried to apply dumb logic to it

Her own words "it took me a long time to memorize the 26 english letters, but you guys are smart so learning it in a day shouldn't be too bad". Effing hell, my friend had to skip work today because of this ****

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Last edited:

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
God mgs5 is great but I can't even play it because my japanese professor decided it would be a good idea for us to study the last 26 hiragana characters for a quiz tommorow, when we were introduced to them on monday

And there was like 3 people that actually sided with her as she tried to apply dumb logic to it

Her own words "it took me a long time to memorize the 26 english letters, but you guys are smart so learning it in a day shouldn't be too bad". Effing hell, my friend had to skip work today because of this ****
Being smart doesn't necessarily mean you learn quickly. That is all kinds of messed up.

Wish I had money so I could enjoy these newfangled games that are coming out.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
it's not surprising you're being rushed to learn the syllabary. you can't even start to actually learn the language without knowing it. it's not exactly complicated, man. did you enter a japanese course because you wanted to lollygag, or because you wanted to learn the language in a timely manner? the syllabary is just memorization; it's by far the easiest part of learning the language. just wait until you have to learn radicals, word order, mood, stroke order, pronunciations, &c. There's a lot more to learning a foreign language than learning the alphabet/abjad/syllabary/hieroglyphs/whatever.

Last edited:

TheoryofSmaug

Smash Apprentice
Can someone link me the vods for that big(ish) tournament in Canada this past weekend that involved Odds rekting people with the new Bowser?

Edit: Please

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Japanese Hiragana is best learned over the course of a few weeks, imo, rather than trying to memorize everything at once, especially since you're dealing with an entirely new writing system(although it's a fair bit more intuitive in comparison to english). If it's just an introductory Japanese course, then I don't see how in the hell memorizing 26 Hiragana in a few days is supposed to be a reasonable expectation.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm in my 4th year of Spanish and I still can't have any conversation other than the weather, feelings, and food. And only just a bit.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
it's not surprising you're being rushed to learn the syllabary. you can't even start to actually learn the language without knowing it. it's not exactly complicated, man. did you enter a japanese course because you wanted to lollygag, or because you wanted to learn the language in a timely manner? the syllabary is just memorization; it's by far the easiest part of learning the language. just wait until you have to learn radicals, word order, mood, stroke order, pronunciations, &c. There's a lot more to learning a foreign language than learning the alphabet/abjad/syllabary/hieroglyphs/whatever.
I wasn't expecting a day prior to learning 26 of them

The last quiz we had on the first 20 we were given 5 days to learn it, and it took me 3/5 days to be able to hear one of them and know what symbol it corresponds to and write it. In this one day of studying I can make a good guess on what letter it is by looking at it, but I blank out on knowing what to write half the time. I just don't understand how she expects anything from us but mediocre with this tight of a deadline. Being a course where we only meet 2/5 days a school week it can be a bit of a hassle - since labor day is next week we couldn't meet on Monday and we would have 10 days to study it. She knew labor day wasn't going to line up with her schedule like it always does but she decides to keep it exactly the same. This is just a bad mix of the holiday dates, the course dates and the fact that you can't get much done without knowing the alphabet. It really sucks but it made me mad at the people in the class who were straight up agreeing with her that one day was enough to memorize 26 characters, when SHE HERSELF said it was hard for her to learn 26 characters.

Like if you yourself took more than a day to learn an alphabet, why do you give us a day to?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

The last quiz we had on the first 20 we were given 5 days to learn it, and it took me 3/5 days to be able to hear one of them and know what symbol it corresponds to and write it. In this one day of studying I can make a good guess on what letter it is by looking at it, but I blank out on knowing what to write half the time. I just don't understand how she expects anything from us but mediocre with this tight of a deadline. Being a course where we only meet 2/5 days a school week it can be a bit of a hassle - since labor day is next week we couldn't meet on Monday and we would have 10 days to study it. She knew labor day wasn't going to line up with her schedule like it always does but she decides to keep it exactly the same. This is just a bad mix of the holiday dates, the course dates and the fact that you can't get much done without knowing the alphabet. It really sucks but it made me mad at the people in the class who were straight up agreeing with her that one day was enough to memorize 26 characters, when SHE HERSELF said it was hard for her to learn 26 characters.

Like if you yourself took more than a day to learn an alphabet, why do you give us a day to?
you should have taken it upon yourself to study ahead.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
So Universal Studios was pretty cool, I managed to kick my fear of heights in the nards and went on these two beauties.

So that was fun.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Gotta love rounding the corner to see not one, not two, but three busses leaving the bus stop several minutes early and being too far away to sprint for them.

Meanwhile yesterday the bus was 10 minutes late.

Why the hell am I getting ****ed over for being on time.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Gotta love rounding the corner to see not one, not two, but three busses leaving the bus stop several minutes early and being too far away to sprint for them.

Meanwhile yesterday the bus was 10 minutes late.

Why the hell am I getting ****ed over for being on time.
Maybe if you played Falcon instead of Ganon you would have been able to catch up to them

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

I mean, youu're just recognizing and saying/writing them, right? thats not a lot of brute memorization to do. I took 5 years of chinese in middle/highschool, our first real lesson we were taught about 40 works and had to try to start forming our own, poorly intoned sentences.

my junior year of highschool I had a week to memorize all the presidents, the years they served, and vice presidents, and write it all down for part of the final. Its not that bad.

All the time you've spent venting about it could have been used to make flashcards/learn at least 5 :p

Idostuff

Smash Apprentice
So is there some kind of updating list of the new PMDT members? Has Lunchables officially usurped Frozen as youngest DT member? Frozen vs Lunchables Money Match at Paragon?

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
I think the only thing I've ever had to memorize in high school was French stuff. I think every Canadian student has to take French as a second language (except Quebec of course), and all we did was memorize what é and è sounded like or "je suis" and "nous avons" and then regurgitate it on a test or something like that. Nobody gave the slightest **** about French, not even the teachers who taught it.

All I remember is omlette du fromage, so I guess I'll know what that means whenever I see it inside a breakfast restaurant menu.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
So Universal Studios was pretty cool, I managed to kick my fear of heights in the nards and went on these two beauties.

So that was fun.
i ****ing L O V E rollercoasters
So is there some kind of updating list of the new PMDT members? Has Lunchables officially usurped Frozen as youngest DT member? Frozen vs Lunchables Money Match at Paragon?
lunchables has been DT for awhile now man

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I mean, youu're just recognizing and saying/writing them, right? thats not a lot of brute memorization to do. I took 5 years of chinese in middle/highschool, our first real lesson we were taught about 40 works and had to try to start forming our own, poorly intoned sentences.

my junior year of highschool I had a week to memorize all the presidents, the years they served, and vice presidents, and write it all down for part of the final. Its not that bad.

All the time you've spent venting about it could have been used to make flashcards/learn at least 5 :p
I've been studying in spurts all day, during the time I don't study I play some more MGS5/****post here

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I think the only thing I've ever had to memorize in high school was French stuff. I think every Canadian student has to take French as a second language (except Quebec of course), and all we did was memorize what é and è sounded like or "je suis" and "nous avons" and then regurgitate it on a test or something like that. Nobody gave the slightest **** about French, not even the teachers who taught it.

All I remember is omlette du fromage, so I guess I'll know what that means whenever I see it inside a breakfast restaurant menu.
**** I took french for 6 years and I got to the point where I could read semi-fluently but couldn't speak for ****

and I passed all of my college language requirements so I said ****it and went to take physics classes instead

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Softie you're the weird AP guy. Don't talk like that to us
He is literally that guy we know, tenfold.
**** I took french for 6 years and I got to the point where I could read semi-fluently but couldn't speak for ****

and I passed all of my college language requirements so I said ****it and went to take physics classes instead
My Spanish teacher criticized immersion because when you go to take a test you will fail grammar. I thought that you use language with people, not sheets of bubbles. Is this what academia does to people?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
He is literally that guy we know, tenfold.
This is funny to me, because at my school I was the slacker and like, everyone else was "that guy." I put a sport I loved and getting a job on priority over getting 5s on every ap test the school offered. I wish I was kidding, my friend Sandeep graduated with like, 17 5s while I was content with my 9 4s.

Overworking myself in highschool didn't really feel worth it knowledge-wise or for looking good to employers (who the **** cares in a job interview that you too 17 ap tests, really) but it did teach me a lot about worth ethic, efficiency, and how to learn in an abstract sense, so yeah. I don't remember a good porton of the stuff I learned, but I don't regret any of it (well the depression and self harming gf that spawned from it didn't help anything lol)

...I mean

SURE CAN'T WAIT FOR PMDT TO CONFIRM THAT JOSEPH JOESTAR GANON SKIN LEAK, RIGHT GUYS?

Top Bottom